Anyone on 1200 calories wanna be friends?

Options
Hey Guys,

I love my friends I have and they are great at motivating, but I like to look at there galleries but all of them are over 1600+ for there goals. I was wanting to see if anyone in the 1200 calorie range would like to be friends? Thanks

Replies

• CRose7911
    Options
    I think the reason that a lot of people aren't on the 1200 calorie range is because it isn't healthy. If you starve yourself you're not going to be motivated to diet and will fail at losing weight. Even if you stick to it you'll put your body into starvation mode and your metabolism will creep along and your progress will be very very slow. People tend to think dieting is about restricting the amount you eat but really it's paying attention to what you put in your body. Especially if you're working out 1200 calories is simply not enough to fuel your body. I'd recommend using the calculator on www.IIFYM.com in conjunction with MFP. I know the calories might seem really high at first when you put your information in but I can assure you you will lose weight if you stick to what it says. I'm on a 2035 calorie a day diet and I've lost 15 pounds so far also I'm not starving.
  • MissLakeTime
    MissLakeTime Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 calorie...it works for me. I'm also doing low carb (per my doctor).... AGAIN, it's what works for me. My diary is open to friends. You are welcome to add me.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 1200 - feel free to add me!
  • jfeakins
    jfeakins Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    According to MFP I should be under 1200 Net to reach my goal, but it's very hard and I haven't really lost anything... the only way I find myself getting under that is if I burn 500 cals minimum/day.

On another note-- the only thing that really works for me is restricting carbs and sugar, so that's my REAL plan and I'm stickin' too it!

Regardless- feel free to add :)
  • jehammaker
    Options
    I am doing 1,200 or less a day under medical supervision. It is safe and is working for me. Keeping a journal is very helpful for me as well. I've only been at this for two weeks now, so I'm a newbie!
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I'm doing just over 1200 (1270) and I usually exercise then eat over it, but we're in the same range. I'm losing weight slowly but surely. Feel free to add me :smiley:
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    CRose7911 wrote: »
    I think the reason that a lot of people aren't on the 1200 calorie range is because it isn't healthy. If you starve yourself you're not going to be motivated to diet and will fail at losing weight. Even if you stick to it you'll put your body into starvation mode and your metabolism will creep along and your progress will be very very slow. People tend to think dieting is about restricting the amount you eat but really it's paying attention to what you put in your body. Especially if you're working out 1200 calories is simply not enough to fuel your body. I'd recommend using the calculator on www.IIFYM.com in conjunction with MFP. I know the calories might seem really high at first when you put your information in but I can assure you you will lose weight if you stick to what it says. I'm on a 2035 calorie a day diet and I've lost 15 pounds so far also I'm not starving.

I did 1200 net to lose weight and never went into starvation mode. I upped my calories probably to 1900'ish after losing the weight and haven't gained it back. It's been over a year now since I lost the weight, so I disagree with this. I rarely log anymore though, so I probably am not someone with a good diary to look at.
  • lakenrivr
    lakenrivr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Doing 1220 cals, please feel free to add me! :)
  • Jolond1
    Jolond1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am doing 1200 calories as well, I often exercise in order to eat more, but I have lost a total of 42 pounds. 27 of those pounds were lost through the use of myfitnesspal, so feel free to add me if you like. I have 11 pounds to go to reach my ideal weight. Now the pounds are coming off really slowly!! But I am still motivated to count.
  • GenesiaElizabeth
    GenesiaElizabeth Posts: 227 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    1200-1300 works for me!! Seems if I go any higher on a regular basis, I can't lose... I am VERY sedentary though. Stay at home mom of a 2nd grader, who obviously is in school lol...

I find this combo is working for me, including weight training, bodyweight/calisthenics and SOME cardio:

1200 calories/day
    Protein 35%
    Fat 35%
    Carbs 30%

5'3"
    SW: 203lbs (January 2014)
    CW: 145lbs
    GW: 120-130lbs (by end of year)

Ladies, feel free to add me if you like! Especially, those with similar stats.

73722255.png
  • RaspberryTickleChicken
    RaspberryTickleChicken Posts: 629 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Generally speaking this depends largely on your height (build should also be factored in).

If you are 6'2" Muscular frame - yea 1200 calories is just madness. :s

If you are 4'10" Petite frame (like me) it's pretty on par. o:)

SO if OP is on the shorter side 1200 may be just what she needs.

Only OP can properly gauge if 1200 is comfortable & manageable for HER. Everyone is a little different & may require some tweaking.

But I do agree that iifym.com/tdee-calculator/ will be helpful to get a more precise idea based on height, age, & level of activities if the MFP prescribed 1200 is too difficult to maintain.

Good luck!
  • lisaward111
    lisaward111 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hey Ive been on a 1200 calorie count for a week in a half and its kind of hard because I have a big stomach I need to shrink it. Im so used to eating big meals. Ive been thin all my life but in 3yrs I gained 40lbs before I was 125 hight of 5³. I need some support im young which means I can be naive sometimes..lol..
    Hey Guys,

I love my friends I have and they are great at motivating, but I like to look at there galleries but all of them are over 1600+ for there goals. I was wanting to see if anyone in the 1200 calorie range would like to be friends? Thanks

• Arekha
    Arekha Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200, but I am only 5' 1" barely, and have a desk job. I do eat back my exercise calories, and go a bit (around 100) over on other days as well. My rate of loss is also set low, 0.5lbs/ wk.

However 1200 is a challenge as there is so little wiggle room, and lot things said here, "eat what you like and make it fit" is way harder...
  • 808Trish808
    808Trish808 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i'm on the 1200! Anyone who wants to can add me as a friend!
  • lil_lizt
    lil_lizt Posts: 275 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm on 1,200 calories, everyone is welcome to add me :) I'm also only 5' tall and sedentary, especially now my horse is off work
  • ViolaLeeBlueberry
    ViolaLeeBlueberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options

Well, it comes to the same thing. The amount the TDEE Calculator gives initially isn't the amount you need; it's an initial estimate, and then the site tells you to subtract 15-20 percent from it. For instance, I'm doing 1200. The TDEE gave me 1717 in that initial result. But that's only the first step. I then have to subtract up to 343 (20 percent) as per the instructions. That takes it down to 1374 ... and the TDEE had earlier asked us to record how often we exercise, so it's taking that into account. (Which, weirdly, the TDEE site doesn't define; does "exercising four times a week" mean "five jumping jacks four times a week" or "running 10 miles four times a week and then lifting for two hours"?)

Arguably, the TDEE would actually give you FEWER calories, once you subtract the percentage and account for calories -- particularly if you're exercising heavily! MFP is lots easier, IMO, than a calculator that has you do all that work in order to lose weight "in an effective and efficient manor" (sic. Yeah, they didn't copy edit, either. Also they apparently couldn't find a layout person. Just some funky ads. I'm sure the info is fine, but hmmm. Just saying.)
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    A lot of days, I actually end up doing slightly less than 1200 calories. I watch my macronutrients, make sure I'm eating eating wisely, etc. My body has yet to start cannibalizing itself, and I'm losing at a rate of 1.5-2 lbs a week. IMO, those who try to second-guess others without any modicum of knowledge about their particular situation are a bit, well, full of themselves. They know what is best for them, and that's great. I know what works best for me, so I do what works best for me. No apologies.

/rant Feel free to add me if you want, lol!
  • 808Trish808
    808Trish808 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I actually eat what I want but keep it 1200 B)
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I shoot for 1200 knowing that I'm going to go over (this is just the way my mind works). I see red and think twice about eating whatever it is I'm thinking about eating (is it worth it for the calories, etc.). I have rarely been able to stay at this caloric requirement (which is probably good because my BMR was calculated to be 1300-1400). My mentality is that as long as I'm not starving (I try to listen to true hunger not just hydration issues), 1200 every now and again is not going to hurt me. Feel free to add me.
  • GenesiaElizabeth
    GenesiaElizabeth Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I actually eat what I want but keep it 1200 B)

If only I could do that... I've even given up my beloved peanut butter sandwiches but I'm loving my new self more now so the trade is worth it to me. :joy:

73722255.png