New Insanity Thread

Options

Replies

• pauldoxsee
    pauldoxsee Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Insanity max cardio conditioning and cardio abs. Done!

ff094616f5fdfa7fcd42e6d1594febb2.jpg
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Insanity max recovery done yesterday!

bdc032eb70718c2520d30681662d3782.jpg
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Day 54 of insanity still isn't easy. Completed max interval circuit

17820e087c953e4443a0e427a272d3f5.jpg
    be145022b2ebc4cb54c4a08317b79ead.jpg
  • jmy1975
    jmy1975 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Really liking Insanity this time around and think I can stick with it. By using my own music it isn't nearly as monotonus as before. Had to double up Plyo Cario Circuit with Recovery last night since I was too busy painting the deck to get Plyo done on Monday. Won't do that again though. My legs were toast. Only 2 more days and then I am done with week 2.
  • RevGillTC
    RevGillTC Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Did you miss me? ;)
    Sorry I've not been around the last couple of days. I have been pressing play though - well, mostly. I didn't the day before yesterday as I have a chesty cough, but I'm on Recovery week, so I figured one day off it really wasn't the end of the world...

Well done Keke, Swan and Jmy! And a huge celebratory dance with Victorian B) ! Can't wait till I get there. Paul - you are so nearly there mate, and great to see that you are still giving it 100%.

So, what's with the change in forum format? I didn't think I was gone for that long was I? Though got to admit that I prefer not having to write in the [ ] for things...

Anywho, gotta go and take a meeting, then pressing play last thing as I've not had time yet today... :)

Will post tomorrow, promise...! (And I bet you are all glued to your seats waiting in anticipation aren't you?! Lol!)
  • pauldoxsee
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Jmy great job on continuing to move forward. I've run into so many people that quit insanity in the past and can't believe I'm still going. The common threads for reasons they quit: 1. they weren't ready for it. Insanity is not a good choice if you aren't already somewhat in shape. The new p90 or PiYo would probably have been better choices for total exercise newbies. 2. They got hurt. However, most are getting hurt doubling with some other exercise program or athletic endeavor and tried and failed to jump back at the same place they had been in insanity prior to the injury. Insanity is hard enough, doubling with anything other than walking your dog or spouse is just unnecessary. Wearing the wrong shoes can get you too on the injury front. Don't do that either! 3. They just got overwhelmed by the effort and length of the insanity workouts. A lot of insanity frustration is psychological. Individual exercises can be really hard, but they are limited in duration and the following exercise is always different and usually easier. Realizing this and simply doing your best with the hard stuff knowing you can do better on the next stuff is a huge part of getting through the program. Sticking with the program for a few weeks usually gets you over the psychological barriers. Bottom line-- keep going Jmy!
  • wjelly
    wjelly Posts: 64 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Congratulations on your completion @108victorian (*)

That's it I'm done B) completed insanity yesterday despite having a stinking cold I somehow managed to make the finishing line and I have to say I'm amazed with the results I've been able to achieve, which include a 4-pack not quite a 6-pack but not far off.

It did become tough towards the end and a little tedious, I had the deluxe version so went with sports interval training over core cardio and balance. One of my favourite cast members was Akil, he is so funny, love it when Shaun says I love killing Akil during plank punches.

So next up for me is P90X3 which I'm going to start later this month which will take me through to January.

Good luck to everyone in the thread, I'll still be looking in from time to time to check everyones progress, also if you want to add me as a friend for further motivation etc please do so.

Keep digging deeper!
  • pauldoxsee
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Rev is back, Yay!

Congrats wjelly on completion! I did x3 at the beginning of the year. Phase 3 and Elite were my favorite. I highly recommend spending the extra money on elite. Good luck with that program!
  • Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Almost through month 2 week 2... still enjoying it, even though it is tough as hell!
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Completed insanity core cardio and balance.

60a4885c779bcffd9c347108ccac0acb.jpg
  • pauldoxsee
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Completed insanity month2, week3 with x3 yoga.

a4248063443499af25fd5de6f80fff39.jpg
  • Benjinkan
    Options
    First time on max cardio immediately followed by cardio abs. Time wise its not much longer than any other max work out (still only just over an hour combined, cardio ~47 mins and abs ~17 mins), but it was tough going at the end. Was shaking badly on the last high/low plank contractions...
  • SwanLyriks
    SwanLyriks Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    AHHHH, I messed up all this week. I skipped three days while I was ill and cheated on my meal plan and just ruined my stamina that quick. I started back up 2 days ago at where I left off and I feel like Im on day 1 and 2 all over again. Just out of breath and in body pain. Lesson learned. KEEP PRESSING PLAY
  • pauldoxsee
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Swan, the important thing is you are back and doing your best. Unless you are REALLY sick, I recommend just pushing play and doing your best on a scheduled workout when you are under the weather. I almost always find the first 5 minutes or so especially hard, but then my feelings magically change and I just seem to slide back into the regular workout mode. I cheat on diet plans all the time as I focus far more on the total calorie intake and my macros than eating what the little workout books tell me to. That said, I eat pretty clean overall, but am certainly not a fanatic about it.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I've decided that I do not like Max Interval Plyo
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    dym123 wrote: »

And I have that twice next week! :\
  • pauldoxsee
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Insanity max interval plyo done.

15936afeb67d841e1af6846d148e8220.jpg
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Insanity max cardio conditioning and cardio abs done.

d418149167ba3769ccbecc0ed6673cc1.jpg
  • Benjinkan
    Options
    dym123 wrote: »

Sucks doesn't it :smiley:

• pauldoxsee
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Early start. Completed insanity max interval circuit. We got a call at 3:00 our daughter is in early labor and was admitted. Off to the hospital for the birth of our newest grandchild (grandson) shortly!

5cef5bc6e090b015ae12e8a267398564.jpg