Replies

• dbcja
    dbcja Posts: 54
    Options
    Love it! Very wise words :oD
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Wow.. hope you feel better after writing this all out! Congratulations on your weight loss!!!
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I agree a hundred percent, and this in no way sounded like *****ing to me. And congrats on the loss!
  • VenturaGurl
    VenturaGurl Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this! I totally get how you feel and I'm also so glad to be surrounded by people who know how I feel and how much hard work this takes!!!

I'm totally behind you and admire your determination and always working to stay on track...way to go!
    Amy :)
  • kittycat613
    kittycat613 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Personally, I liked your rant. :) It was a great post! Keep up the amazing work you're doing!
  • cheryl3660
    cheryl3660 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Sweet. That rant even made me feel better. :wink:

I do agree, though. It is about hard work and finding what works and shedding those tears when it doesn't. I'm still trying to figure myself out and am finding just because you think you are doing what you are supposed to be doing, doesn't mean it's going to work. For instance, I am eating the healthiest I've ever eaten in my life and my LDL cholesterol just doubled. Grrrr! Mind you all the rest of my labwork came back GREAT! But still, there has to be something, right? So now I have to do more hard work to investigate and figure it out what has changed to increase that and tweak it so that it works for me.

So the next time someone asks you what your secret is tell them HARD WORK! LOL!

You make a really good point about eating junk food. Just because I have figured out that I can eat two Taco Bell taco supremes and still stay within my goals and lose weight doesn't mean that I can or should do all the time. It's nice to know when I'm feeling like a binge or eating something "bad" for me, that I can do that and move on without gaining 5 lbs. But if I did that every day or even every week, then I would be horribly unhealthy and feel bad all the time. I'm putting in all this hard work so that I can FEEL better. Why would I want to sabatoge that. But people do that all the time and then don't understand why they feel bad or why they are tired. I find it hard to have sympathy for them when they continue to do it to themselves. I understand not eating perfect all the time, but you gotta at least try most of the time if you really want to see results.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    it amazes me when people ask how am i doing it , and they dont like my answer. eat healthy and exercise. some people are looking for that over night cure. sometimes it hard not to laugh at their facial expression when you say exercise and eat healthy.

love your rant ,
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    bump
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Love it and love you.
    P.S. I extra agree with the part about not applauding coming in under your calorie goal.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Agreed!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hey,

I think that your principles are to be admired and a blueprint for success.Really enjoyed reading your rant/observations and im sure we must be related somewhere along the line...lol.

Good Luck to you and you have my very best wishes..........:smile:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    great rant
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling you and I would get a long great... because I often find myself saying the exact same things. I just graduated college and ate like an absolute slop.. Fast food/junk food everyday.. typical college kid. Now that I've graduated, I don't want the fast food except for once in a great while. When people ask me what I'm doing I say the gym and eating better.. cause thats really the two components. Nothing else has changed. ,I still eat fast food and chocolate.. I just eat less of it!
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    I must say, I agree with your whole post. I have found that I try not to comment on someone's under calorie goal posts unless I can see what they ate. I just feel like a liar to do otherwise.
  • peanutbutterpanic
    peanutbutterpanic Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You, my sweet, are a gift beyond words. I love your writing and its content. I love your tenacity and drive, as well as your vocabulary and restraint. I started reading out of curiousity but re~read it because I find myself being the occasional "cross that off my list of things to do" girl as well as the focused, constructive criticism cheerleader, alternately. But lately?? There's been much more of the former. I feel very much in tune with your "rant" and I appreciate every well placed, tangy, filtered, yet empowering word of it. I totally loved it.
  • monkeybuttsmommy
    monkeybuttsmommy Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U!!!!!!! That ALL needed to be said!
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Well put :smile:
  • reba971
    reba971 Posts: 80
    Options
    I wont say that I agree with everything you said, cause that is not true. But I think your opinion is very interesting, and some of it I cannot even relate to so I have no opinion on.
    I love this part though.....
    "but I am SO TIRED of reading "good job!" and "WTG's!" for fluff. I know everyone isn't looking for a critique, so I don't say ANYTHING on these occasions. But really? Are people just not invested and handing out casual kudos to cross it off their list of to-dos? Or do people really believe someone who logs 300 calories for their daily calorie intake is doing a good job?"

Don't ya just love it when people log cooking and cleaning or grocery shopping into their exercise diary?? LOL Really?

I think some people need the validation from others...those "way to go's" help them, with me it really means nothing unless I feel it in me. If I feel I did a great job...I will tell ya and then I appreciate the pat on the back...but if I just did something mediocre...then it was just that...mediocre.
    Thanks for the rant...it was interesting to say the least. Have a great night.
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    You are a great young lady! I really admire your ability to open up and tell it like it is. I praise you for all the hard work you put into making yourself a better person with better health and that you stand your ground. Excellent!