Your most stupid injury

Options

Replies

• territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I broke my foot by tripping on a handicap ramp. And btw, I am technically handicap. The doctor at the emergency room had a hard time trying not to laugh.
  • sedelagarza
    sedelagarza Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was trying to get the seed out of an avocado with a large knife, it slipped and I stabbed myself in the palm. I had to go the emergency room where the physician had to give me a Xanax before giving me stiches because I was freaking out about the numbing shot they give before they stich. :# the worst part was we lived in military housing the ambulance showed up and so did the military police which then asked my husband if he was the one who stabbed me. All this as my whole neighborhood came out to watch the show.
  • territhefrog
    territhefrog Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    After reading some of these, breaking my foot by tripping on a handicap ramp doesn't sound so bad.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    I was playing touch football in the basement of my church with our "youth group." Tore my ACL. Which kept me from playing college football. Which lead me to drink more...so it all turned out okay!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

My MIL was getting up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and tripped over her purse strap, broke her foot.
    No sooner had that healed and a few months later she was up in her attic which was above their garage.
    Going through their things for a yard sale she stepped between the boards...she didn't know she wasn't suppose to step off of them and fell straight through.
    Needless to say, she broke her foot :o ....again!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Hit my head really hard on my locker in jr high. My head and pride hurt really bad that day. Fell backwards into a bathtub at a hotel one Summer. I believe there was a granite backsplash... Yeah I hit my head on it! I took a nice long nap afterwards

I know that hurt pride at school feeling! When I was in, maybe 4th or 5th grade, some kid was trying to steal my pencil. I had the sharpened end facing me, and he was pulling really hard on the other end. Rather than just letting him have it, I pulled harder. He let go, and the pencil went straight through my lip :(
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    flattened all my knuckles in my right hand after attempting to punch a hole through "drywall" in high school. I connected with a 2x4 instead. Mr Miyagi would be ashamed that it did not break :(
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    I was burning down the middle of the (empty) street on my board one Saturday, high noon, trying for a new max flat-ground speed. I caught my board with my push foot on the upswing, just bumped it, and pitched forward landing with most of my weight on my right kneecap. I couldn't bend my knee at all for 2 days, or fully for a week. I still have scars on my knee, elbow, and hip. :stupid:
  • bmoncada1
    bmoncada1 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I was helping a friend move and tripped down two stairs holding a large speaker. Rather then drop the speaker I fell..on to it and my knee. I knee was black and blue for weeks
  • xoAnnettexo
    Options
    Haunted corn maze --- They make you sign a waver before you enter and told me not to run because of possible fallen corn stalks. What did I do? I ran as soon as the first guy with a chainsaw popped out at me. Sprained my ankle. BAM!
  • richied26
    richied26 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Sprained my ankle jumping over a bag in my kitchen
  • snuglbunee
    Options
    I work on the top floor of a three-floor renovated house. Was hurrying out of my office to catch a co-worker before she left and caught my foot on the guest chair. I tried to catch myself and wound up pulling down most of the things on my desk. I hit the floor with a resounding BOOM that shook all of the windows in the building. Everyone from ALL THREE FLOORS of the building came up to see what had happened and all I could do was lay on the floor in pain from a severely sprained ankle.
    Best part was my boss who came into my office and asked, "What are you doing?" Seriously?? I'M FALLING DOWN, GENIUS!
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    Falling out of bed and dislocating my ankle. What can I say...I'm graceful.
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've had many stupid injuries, from lobster shell splinters to deep cuts across the palm of my hand while husking corn (I wear a "shucking glove" now). My most dumb, embarrassing injury though, is the one I got in the summer of 1983. Our Great Dane was sleeping on the wood deck in the backyard. I decided to sit down next to him and enjoy the hot, sunny day. I was reading a magazine, when a squirrel ran across the deck railing. My dog suddenly woke up and started to go after it. He tripped over me, and was going to fall on my head. I didn't want to get crushed (he was a BIG Great Dane), so I scooted out of his way. As I scooted, I got a huge splinter in my right butt cheek. I had to go to the doctor to get it taken out. I was 22 years old, and couldn't wear my bikini for a month. A tragedy for sure. I still have the scar; it made for interesting conversation the first time my boyfriend saw it.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I slipped on some ice while stumbling out of a party (quite drunk) with a "new friend."

Ended up with testicular torsion.
  • ebbiewilliams9
    ebbiewilliams9 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I dislocated my knee doing the Rocky Horror Time Warp (brought my knees in tight, too tight)
  • wissabear
    wissabear Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Playing field hockey I broke my hand when it got caught in my own shorts.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Did the threads change or is it my computer?
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Anywho. My dumbest injury was sliding down the driveway on a skateboard barefoot & using my feet to stop & ripping my pinky tonails off....with my lil cousin on it with me.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    1. Sleeping on an air mattress that was on top of a foam pad for 4 months. Bye forever, pain-free back. 4 years ago and I'm still having issues.

2. Stepping incorrectly during warm-up in a Zumba class. Stupid because all that week I had been taking much more challenging dance classes and killing them, but it's Zumba where I trip over my feet and roll my ankle. 3.5 weeks out and still having issues :(