Obese & Sedentary to Marathon Runner

Options

Replies

• robster160
    robster160 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Great story and great dedication! Good for you. You have a whole new lease on life and you are blessing your family too.
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wonderful -so inspiring -you should be so proud great for your kids to see you succeed too!
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    Options
    Wow
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    You look amazing :D
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Basically the same story I would tell. Three years, three marathons and 80 pounds lighter, I feel like a newer man (work with me, I turned 50 this year). Sure I had some setbacks due to injury and some weight regained, but I stuck with it, and am nearly in the best shape of my entire life.
  • Mischabellaa
    Mischabellaa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You are amaziing !..I did my first 5 k this past weekend...I finished dead last but i finished. And you have just inspired me more :)
  • Mischabellaa
    Mischabellaa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You are amaziing !..I did my first 5 k this past weekend...I finished dead last but i finished. And you have just inspired me more :)
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,216 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    BIG congratulations to you! You look fabulous!
    It's a bit like when I realised that strength training was making a huge difference to the way I looked and felt. I can't imagine my life without it now. Recently I went to NYC and just walked the whole time. I used to be crippled after a couple of hours and crying with pain. Yes, it's great to look good, but it's even better to feel good.
    27681614.png
  • FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment! What I see in your photo: a strong and confident woman. Great job! Great inspiration too. :)
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Wow I didn't realize this thread was back lol. I just posted yesterday about my 100k I did this weekend. Thanks everyone for your kind words!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    So proud of you! Amazing accomplishment in such a short time. Keep it up.
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job!! So inspiring!! :)
  • MrsJane05
    MrsJane05 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You are an absolute inspiration, thankyou for posting. You must feel so proud of yourself, you look amazing, congratulations.
  • jaggerjia
    Options
    Wow! You truly are an inspiration! Congratulations!
  • jamilynn_8890
    jamilynn_8890 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look so amazing!
  • alyssareyans
    alyssareyans Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wow that is just amazing! I started running about 8-9 weeks ago. I'm up to 2 miles non stop. There are days when I wonder if I'll ever actually reach a 5K. Your story is a true inspiration.
  • RisingFromAshes
    RisingFromAshes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    keeper0499 wrote: »
    your kids are the spitting image of their dad

I'm sorry, this made me laugh so hard. Too funny.

OP: You have made an amazing transformation. Inspiring stuff! Thanks for sharing!
  • m_proulx
    m_proulx Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great story!
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options

Brilliant. Have just started running again too and loving it. Would love to do a marathon.
  • tinat0622
    Options
    I just started. You have done it and I believe I can too! Thank you for the inspiration. If I look half as good as you do I'll be thrilled. Thanks Again
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!