Carb-blocking Products : Are they effective?

Options
Hey guys, I've been hearing a lot about these carb-blocking iced teas and capsules (Ex: Carbtrim) that I think are really great to use on "feast" days where you are expecting to eat a lot.

Has anybody here tried it? Is it really effective? Please let me know.

Replies

• Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    I know nothing about the products, except can you imagine the side effects? Any residual carbs that make it to your large intestines, and the bacteria will have a feasting frenzy! (Lots and lots of methane gas as a by-product).
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Save your money, it's another weight loss gimmick that won't work. Holy cow, I just can't believe that people buy into this snake oil garbage.
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've never tried them,but I'd just eat less carbs on my "FEAST" day and do more exercise the morning before your feast and after the feast to burn some of those carbs off.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I've tried a couple of different brands in the early days of dieting. THEY DON'T WORK.
    All those dr.oz-ish supplements are largely undocumented, easy profit for companies that speculate on people like us wanting an easy way out, in my opinion.

Seeing those pills that claim to "reduce belly fat", really makes me laugh.

It's probably a better investment buying an accurate food scale or a new pair of Nike's ;)

What has worked for me then and now is to take natural fiber supplements before eating, 20-30 g daily.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Nope, does not work, don't waste your money. Anything that claims to block carbs, calories, or fat.... sorry dude it's a lie. Caveat emptor and all that.
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    There is one carb blocking product that works as advertised:

Blended+Families+duct-tape-over-womans+mouth.jpg
  • Add713
    Add713 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Save your money, it's another weight loss gimmick that won't work. Holy cow, I just can't believe that people buy into this snake oil garbage.

This^^^^^
  • aeb09
    aeb09 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. :smile:
  • RommelMathew
    RommelMathew Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Just bought a Carbtrim box with 6 sachets of iced tea. I'll try it out this weekend on an out of town trip. :)
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    N0tS0FatS0 wrote: »
    Just bought a Carbtrim box with 6 sachets of iced tea. I'll try it out this weekend on an out of town trip. :)

Glad to see you are taking peoples advice :|

• RommelMathew
    RommelMathew Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    N0tS0FatS0 wrote: »

Glad to see you are taking peoples advice :|

lol, yeah, the comments made me even more curious. :blush:
  • Add713
    Add713 Posts: 53 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    samammay wrote: »

Awesome ^^^^^Only one that works
  • AcademicusMaximus
    Options
    If you eat food your body uses it or stores it as fat.

NOTHING will stop that. Overeat and create adipose tissue. Every single calorie
  • nicolalane716
    nicolalane716 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If they did actually work - then they would be classed as medicines - so you wouldn't be able to buy them!
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    samammay wrote: »

LOL perfect.
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I am almost afraid to ask but... how would one tell if they "worked" or not?
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    When I think of a carb blocker, I imagine a friend who smacks the donut out of my hand just before I get it to my mouth.

If that actually happened, I would be furious, by the way.

But about those carb blockers: Sounds awfully gimmicky and like a waste of your money. If you're going to have a high calorie day, just log it and move on.
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I am almost afraid to ask but... how would one tell if they "worked" or not?

From what's been said, it sounds like you're gonna know when those rejected, angry carbs finally make their way out. The horror.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Nope, does not work, don't waste your money. Anything that claims to block carbs, calories, or fat.... sorry dude it's a lie. Caveat emptor and all that.

There are pills that "block" fat. Well, I say block, they remove a % of fat from whatever you have eaten and you pass it as an orange liquid/oil the following day. In Britain they're called "Orlistat" or "Xenical" the high street name for it (the over the counter kind) is called "Alli"

Definitely works, albeit in a gross kind of way!