Banana Bread was left hanging on our front Door !

Options
124»

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    BrettPGH_ wrote: »
    bobby5112 wrote: »
    If baked goods are in the house its all over. My sister in law left a loaf of still-warm banana bread on the front door this morning. 4 slices = 8 ounces = 800 calories. Since I already had a light breakfast it looks like - no lunch - and a glass of wine for dinner will finish the day.

What to do if someone else in the house buys oatmeal-raisin cookies etc ???

Smack them in the mouth and tell them it's chocolate chip or GTFO.

Damn straight!!! Oatmeal raison is a poor excuse for a cookie
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have one last banana nut muffin (with cinnamon sugar topping) in the kitchen. Out of 12, I've had two, kids have eaten the rest. It won't see noon tomorrow
  • nicoleagafitness
    nicoleagafitness Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Moderation. 1 slice max. Me personally, it was my sons birthday yesterday so I bought chocolate cake only and chocolate ice cream so I wouldn't eat it. (I only like white cake and vanilla or mocha ice cream) I did have half a sugar cookie today from his class snack he took. I make sure to sneak treats in, but remember moderation.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Reel81 wrote: »
    Stuff like that goes directly in the trashcan on the street, without even being opened or sampled. I'd thank my sister for the gesture but insure the paraphernalia does not remain in the home to be eaten.

That just makes absolutely no sense at all. None.

I think it's called calories in calories out

What's your point?

You said throwing the food away made no sense to you
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    Why do people throw perfectly good food out?? Freeze it way in the back and break it open for visitors, share it at work, bless homeless people with fresh baked banana bread, give it to your neighbor or bring it to a seniors home, bring it to a nearby school for the teachers or kids who didn't bring enough lunch... or just throw it out in a huff because you lack self control.

I don't see what self control has to do with it. We prepare the amount we want to eat and in some cases inform people not to make a bunch of food and use us to get rid of their left overs. We can't control what others do but can control our reaction to it. Yesterday night my land lady dropped off a pie. It was amazing! I ate half of it and threw out the rest. BFD
  • LoadedM6Tina
    LoadedM6Tina Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my Dorito dilemma. I did succumb to the call of the Crapitos. But I'm getting back on track again. They aren't out of the house yet but I just don't feel like dealing with personal guilt again. Just say no.
  • Weightlosstips
    Weightlosstips Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Two choices: Let yr sister know shes only allowed to bake once a month, at which time you can indulge moderately and carry the rest to work for yr colleagues or; eat to yr hearts delight and work it back off!!........O the pain of temptation!! Shun the very appearance of evil :):D
  • MelodyandBarbells
    Options
    Stuff like that goes directly in the trashcan on the street, without even being opened or sampled. I'd thank my sister for the gesture but insure the paraphernalia does not remain in the home to be eaten.

What's your point?

That's right. It doesn't. Throwing perfect good, delicious, edible food in the garbage makes no sense.

Nice echo

• chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    i would totally eat the crap out of one slice for 200 calories. of fresh warm homemade banana bread... worth every calorie.

to answer your question though, people in my house do have things that i dont eat. but there isnt much i wont eat, and as far as quantities i judge the worth of everything i put in my mouth and decide if it is worth it and show self control if it isnt. you have to learn self control in the face of temptation, not just how to not eat things that arent in front of you, unless those things will never be in front of you again. its about changing your choices, not your surroundings.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Portion control.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

What's your point?

That's right. It doesn't. Throwing perfect good, delicious, edible food in the garbage makes no sense.

Throwing perfect good, delicious, edible food in the garbage makes no sense.

Echo. You know, for good measure.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I agree with the others. Just have a slice. You need to learn to be around food and let yourself have an occasional treat. I still eat Oreos and other goodies. But instead of a row, I work it in and eat a serving...two cookies. Honestly, I treat myself every day to something. It has helped a ton with cravings because when I tell myself I can't have something, I want it that much more. Now since I treat myself every day, I don't feel deprived and find it easy to eat single servings of treats I love. Now, if you are just starting out, I can understand. I gave myself about a month where I was pretty strict before I worked treats back in. I needed that time to get it out of my system a bit. But give it time. You will eventually be able to have single servings of treats and feel satisfied. The key for me is to savor them rather than scarf them down before I've barely had a chance to taste them. When I eat treats, I do it slowly and take my time to enjoy it. It really helps.