Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

sugar

13»

Replies

• hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    I have recently been having achy and sore knees and it has been suggested to me that my sugar levels could be a bit high on some days causing this.. I have been doing a bit of research and am surprised I haven't heard of this before - learn something new everyday..so i am going to start tracking sugar on MFP.. I am assuming the sugar in the column is grams?

Does sugar affect you and if so are there certain foods you try and stay away from now? I see one percent milk seems a little high..

That's now quite how it works.

If you have high circulating blood sugar, then you should look at how you've been feeling with a suspicious eye. The only way to know that is to either test your BG yourself, or know what your A1c number is.

I was diagnosed T2D and my lament was 'but I track on MPF and*never* go over the 30g/day of sugar!!'

Sugar is a carb, so if you are tracking sugar, you should be including carbs in that to a certain extent.

In the absence of an A1c 6.0 and above, you don't need to keep an eye on sugar/carbs at this time. Your familial history & current health situation in combination with A1c, will tell you all you need to know.

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    The more fruits and vegetables you eat, the lower the burden of inflammation. Why? They contain hundreds, perhaps thousands, of substances that squelch inflammation-rousing free radicals; some act as direct anti-inflammatory agents.

Bread = simple carbs.

What is a simple carb?

I think you already know.
    What makes something a simple carb?

I believe it depends on the chemical structure of the food, and how quickly the sugar is digested and absorbed into the blood stream. You testing me ?

Also don't get me wrong , I love bread just cant eat it like I would like.
    Which chemical structure would cause that to happen?

I would think that if your an EMT you would already know these things, but hey maybe I'm wrong. :p

Your just trying to get me to say sugar, he he

I think he's just trying to get you to back up your claims with actual facts.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    rml_16 wrote: »
    The more fruits and vegetables you eat, the lower the burden of inflammation. Why? They contain hundreds, perhaps thousands, of substances that squelch inflammation-rousing free radicals; some act as direct anti-inflammatory agents.

Bread = simple carbs.

What is a simple carb?

I think you already know.
    What makes something a simple carb?

I believe it depends on the chemical structure of the food, and how quickly the sugar is digested and absorbed into the blood stream. You testing me ?

Also don't get me wrong , I love bread just cant eat it like I would like.
    Which chemical structure would cause that to happen?

I would think that if your an EMT you would already know these things, but hey maybe I'm wrong. :p

Your just trying to get me to say sugar, he he

I think he's just trying to get you to back up your claims with actual facts.

facts and MFP threads have no business being together..!