Alcohol is it a total no no ?? Anyone have some low cal alternatives ?

Options
2»

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    I love the Smirnoff Ice Light coolers. 80cals per bottle. Or I mix Zevia (0 calorie soda) with vodka or rum. Alcohol doesn't have to be a no-no, just fit it into your day.
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I usually save up calories through the week because I usually eat and drink a bit more on Saturday (love my SEC football!). I really love beers especially some seasonals, but I've been sticking to liquors (vodka, whiskey, rum, moonshine) and drinking straight or mixing with either low cal juices (Ocean Spray 50 cal per 8 oz) or diet drinks.

Sites like getdrunknotfat.com/ can help you plan for the best drinks and get your best drunken bang for your caloric buck.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I drink alcohol when I go out but ive found tonic water with fresh lemon or lime to be like g and t its refreshing and does taste a bit naughty but its around 60 cals a 100ml
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    5 oz wine = 100 cals
    1 oz hard booze = 60 cals

So my rum and cokes are now Bacardi white with diet coke = 60 cals each.

I used to just drink red wine whenever wherever but now I'm like, do I want this wine or would I rather have icecream?
    Just asking that question I havnt had a glass of wine in 2 weeks, lol. The question just makes me THINK about my choice.

But I havnt "stopped" drinking. I just keep choosing different things.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Vodka, water and a squeeze of Mio.
  • Fabfitgirl5
    Fabfitgirl5 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    White wine spritzers are my go to drink. White wine with seltzer water. Generally aren't too bad in calories, just make room for them in your calorie allotment. Moderation is the key.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Wow, some great advice from our bartender above! I've heard about infusing alcohol and now I totally want to try it. I've also heard that vodka and tonic is a good go-to for low-cal drinkers and I want to try that as well. I've pretty much had to give up wine just because I always want too much of it. Saki is one of my favorite cold-weather drinks and I can stretch a bottle over 2 or 3 nights of a weekend so I do enjoy that. (I also love Sambuca in the winter, but I don't even dare look up the nutritional value and sugar content; I think my heart might stop.)
  • goddessintraining1
    Options
    Vodka with water & lime or a diet soda or red wine. Personally, I can't drink and lose weight. Even if I track the alcohol, my weight loss stalls. I'm able to drink in moderation and maintain my weight, though. It differs for every individual.
  • CdnRower
    CdnRower Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just be aware that drinking alcohol will turn off your fat burning temporarily. Having said that, time your consumption accordingly i.e. not after you just did a lot of hard work at the gym :)
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I just started a no alcohol for 2 weeks challenge yesterday - I'm trying to see if I get more results from cutting it out entirely.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I drink whatever I enjoy and fit it within my macros. So I have beer, wine, vodka.

This works for me. Drink in moderation, and log accurately. The latter can be hard, especially with beer, because a lot of people have entered inaccurate information in the database. You might say that they lowball their highball.

34527787.png
  • therocpile
    therocpile Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    If you want to have a drink, have a drink! Everything in moderation. :)

http://getdrunknotfat.com/ - This site will tell you the calories of most hard liquors, beers and wines. Enjoy!
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Drink whatever you want just log it.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I just started a no alcohol for 2 weeks challenge yesterday - I'm trying to see if I get more results from cutting it out entirely.

You should let us know how it goes! I am thinking about doing the same thing but reeeeally dont want to...
  • crowleynm
    Options
    Have to agree with those who suggest drinking what you want but in moderation. Alcohol is empty calories, you're not getting any health benefit by consuming them. If you have the caloric freedom go for it. Then wake-up, drink a Bloody Mary, and go run 3 miles.
  • rainbowblu
    rainbowblu Posts: 119 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Smirnoff makes a BUNCH of Light flavored vodka.78 calories And its 60 Proof!!! its good with the "Just 15" orange juice drinks.I usually get the Pineapple/coconut flavor with the OJ.