Eating while not hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I don't force myself to eat on those days. I just let my body do what it wants. There will ALWAYS be a day where I end up eating over my goal in the future. Like today, today might be that day.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The only time I've ever had this problem, I was either pregnant or sick. Seriously, I'm hungry all day every day. The struggle is so real!
  • Erihppas
    Erihppas Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This happened to me this morning. It generally happens the first week when I start restricting calories (1500) again. I don't mind it too much, I just force myself to make sure I definitely eat my 1500. At this point, nothing appetizes me, I'm hoping to use this to my avantage to lose these last few pounds.
  • nicoleagafitness
    nicoleagafitness Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I don't force myself to eat on those days. I just let my body do what it wants. There will ALWAYS be a day where I end up eating over my goal in the future. Like today, today might be that day.
    Ill probably go about 200 calories over mine tonight. I am going out to a concert, so...
  • asra1234
    asra1234 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I was in weight watchers years ago they allowed you a weekly cheat day. On those days you could eat the calories/points that you missed on the other days. Weekly allowance.
  • amyj514
    amyj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I can become a pig in the evening if I'm feeling lazy and procrastinating something like a chore or just getting myself to bed. Sounds silly, I know. I'll be completely not hungry one minute and decide I'm craving something and dying of 'hunger' the next.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    If I'm not hungry, I don't eat? I figure I could save those cals for the weekend when I want an extra drink or a nice dinner ;)

^^^ this...why eat if you aren't humgry
    Because I don't want to lose much muscle too....i don't have many pig out days per month. Usually 2 around the beginning of my cycle. Even those though, I eat around my calories.

I understand that...I just know I can't force myself to eat if I'm not hungry.

How did you get into the position to lose weight if you don't get hungry?

lol...really?

Yea, really.

not very smart, huh? Age, genetics, activity level...I don't binge and I'm not an emotional eater. Do the math smart guy...I can eat like a normal person and not do any exercise and I'm gonna gain weight...gasp...I just explained how I gained my weight! :laugh:

:D Zing!
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If I'm not hungry, I don't eat? I figure I could save those cals for the weekend when I want an extra drink or a nice dinner ;)

^^^ this...why eat if you aren't humgry
    Because I don't want to lose much muscle too....i don't have many pig out days per month. Usually 2 around the beginning of my cycle. Even those though, I eat around my calories.

I understand that...I just know I can't force myself to eat if I'm not hungry.

How did you get into the position to lose weight if you don't get hungry?

lol...really?

Yea, really.

not very smart, huh? Age, genetics, activity level...I don't binge and I'm not an emotional eater. Do the math smart guy...I can eat like a normal person and not do any exercise and I'm gonna gain weight...gasp...I just explained how I gained my weight! :laugh:

I will leave it at this. I know you're pretty new here and have enjoyed flat out calling people dumb, stupid, calling them not smart and all. That approach won't fly around here and you'll find yourself getting banned fairly quickly.

And if you gained weight, you ate higher than your maintenance. It's basic math.

^^ This.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Oh, how I love the MFP Police. When is that ignore function coming back, again??
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    amyj514 wrote: »
    I can become a pig in the evening if I'm feeling lazy and procrastinating something like a chore or just getting myself to bed. Sounds silly, I know. I'll be completely not hungry one minute and decide I'm craving something and dying of 'hunger' the next.

Story of my life.
  • myrtille87
    myrtille87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I really can't comprehend this.

Generally I am hungry before all my meals/snacks. But if I have calories left and am not overly hungry, you can guarantee that most days I'll find something to spend them on (dessert, a glass of wine...). Food is delicious and whilst I'm trying to eat a lot less in order to lose weight (17lbs down, 8 to go!) if I can eat something else, I will.