Don't forget to get your Flu Shot!

wheird
wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
Just wanted to remind people that flu season is approaching and you should really get your flu shot as soon as possible. Even if you are young and healthy, please remember that you should still get it so that you don't inadvertently transmit it to the segments of the population that are most at risk, babies and the elderly.

Please do your social responsibility!

Replies

• besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    oh dear. here it comes...
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Already got mine! And had the apparent requisite argument with a co-worker trying to convince them that the flu shot doesn't give them the flu.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    I have never thought of it as my responsibility to those more at risk. Thank you, you have given me a real reason to get it!!
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Thank you for this... tis the season to do your part in preventing illness!!!
  • I have a terrible phobia of needles. Hyperventaliating and all. I'd rather get the flu. SOO.. no thanks. :pensive:
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    I get one every year. I'm asthmatic and I work with people ages 2 months to 100 years old depending on the day and everywhere in between. Thus I definitely get one to protect myself and them.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Already got mine! And had the apparent requisite argument with a co-worker trying to convince them that the flu shot doesn't give them the flu.
    I find this the case with two co-workers too. They are convinced the flu shot makes them sick. Not the fact that they don't take care of themselves and smoke like chimneys.
  • Trignon
    Trignon Posts: 21 Member
    If anyone is eating Pteropodidae ( fruit bats ) you may want to get the Flu shot to avoid coming down with 'Mononegavirales Filoviridae Ebolavirus'.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    No government mind control serum is getting into me!
  • wheird
    I have a terrible phobia of needles. Hyperventaliating and all. I'd rather get the flu. SOO.. no thanks. :pensive:

smh
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    do you work for a drug company or what?
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Thanks for the reminder to all. Already got mine in September since the flu can do me in (alas).
  • Trignon
    Trignon Posts: 21 Member
    I visit my elderly parents at a care home so it would be very irresponsible and selfish for me not to get a flu shot.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    I think I already had it. Bugger took two weeks to clear out. Blech.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    When I was teaching I ALWAYS got my vaccines. Classrooms are like petri dishes. :s The one time I forgot, I was SO sorry that year... It's everyone's personal choice, but to me it seems that if you work with the public and/or are around immune-compromised people, you are kind of a jerk if you don't get vaccinated.
  • wheird
    chadya07 wrote: »

What do you mean?
  • Oi_Sunshine
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    When I was teaching I ALWAYS got my vaccines. Classrooms are like petri dishes. :s The one time I forgot, I was SO sorry that year... It's everyone's personal choice, but to me it seems that if you work with the public and/or are around immune-compromised people, you are kind of a jerk if you don't get vaccinated.

My SIL caught everything her first year teaching. She called herself Typhoid Mary. Just need that one kid who snots on everything and boom. Everyone's down for the count.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    wheird wrote: »
    chadya07 wrote: »

What do you mean?
    It means we should be wary of you and get our tin foil hats on.