Any 10,000 Steps (Daily) Success stories?

Options
14567810»

Replies

• amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My Fit Bit goal is set for 10.000 steps daily. I have a desk job where I'm immobile for 7.5 hours out of hte day. This means, in order to reach my goals, I need to walk before work, at lunch, and after work.

If I don't take the time to choose to walk, I'd never make my goal.

But as I've dropped 41 lbs in 4 months, I consider this a success.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I aim for 10,000 steps a day and average about 12,000 most days.
    I have a desk job but I walk to work and back and climb the stairs to my apartment in my building. 12 flights of stairs everyone. Keeps the pedometer ticking over :drinker: :smile:
    xx
  • klm62505
    klm62505 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've never posted anything before, but here goes:

I've never had trouble with weightloss before. I've been tall and slender with a fantastic metabolism all my life - even after giving birth three times I bounced right back to pre-baby weight. I chalk it up to good genes. Then I went through menopause and decided to quit smoking all at the same time. Went from 130 pounds to current 162.8 ish. I kept watching it go up, up and up. Joined here and then bought a fitbit zip and received it 9/22. Did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary for the first day and I work a desk job. What did I discover? I am a sloth. I don't think I hit 2500 steps that day.

Que sudden motivation. I am going to prove this little device wrong! And it will also stop sticking its' tongue out at me and give me the smile.

I've been up every morning (weekends included) and out the door by 6:20 am. I have pushed myself further and further every day. I've discovered when I get back to the house and check the zip (I hang it on my bra, not exactly checkable in public) I am disappointed in the number. Yesterday I actually did 9800 steps, and today I logged in 9200. This thing is a true motivator for me to walk and aim for those 10,000 steps.

It hasn't been long but I used to walk all the time and it feels good to be motivated to do it. I hope to get past 10,000 soon. I don't know if I've lost any weight yet but I am enjoying walking.
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    I walk a minimum of 3.4 miles a day and usually closer to 4 miles and still can't get to the 10,000 steps most days. Sometimes I jog in place while watching TV in an effort to get to 10 thou. I am very impressed with anyone who does so daily. Now I'm wondering if my Life Trak gizmo is accurate. :noway:
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Yeah I wonder if its accurate too! In general, 5miles is 10k steps, plus all the general walking you do when you're not doing a dedicated walk 3.5-4mi walk, that has to be over 10k steps a day!!

If I have a *super* lazy day, I need to do about two 2mi walks a day to get in my 10k. Amazing thing is, to me, that it really doesnt take that much time. what is an hour and a half out of my day for two walks on lazy bum days? Nothing really!!!
  • hennejette
    hennejette Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've just read through all the success stories, I think it's amazing how a little thing like a Fitbit can change your life or at least your motivation.
    I've always gone up and down with my weight, sometimes I'd be super motivated and exercise every day and looking nice and lean but then again I start eating more desserts and cakes, etc. I also write a food blog which contributes to my weight gain... I've only had the Zip for 4 days now but I've been managing to get 15,000+ steps in every day. I challenge myself and go for walks, instead of waiting for the tram to get home I walk the short distance etc. I have to consciously think about it though as I work a desk job in a small office. I'm hoping to run a half marathon next year but didn't even feel fit enough to run 5km a few weeks ago, however now when I go for a fast paced walk with my fitbit I get this itch in my feet and legs that just want to start running :)

Keep up the good work everyone!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Bum for ProudAirforceWife
  • Jojojesse
    Jojojesse Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My goal is 12500 a day, this means one vigorous 35 minute walk and one 10minute walk during my breaks. Then its chasing children when I am home from work and voila 12500 steps are taken.
    I have stalled at 44 pounds lost but I contribute that to not keeping calories in check.
    I did run around the house to get my 20000 step badge!
    I love the motivation my fitbit gives, the buzz always startles me when I reach goal.

Good luck , I recommend 10000 as a starting point.
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I started doing 10,000 a day. Now I do about 15,000 a day. I've been to the gym twice since I started dieting - walking is the only workout I do.

If my ticker would show up it would show I've lost 45lbs. So walking is going well for me.
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    In 3 months I am averaging over 10K steps daily. Yesterday I did over 17K steps. LOVE my fitbit!!
  • Callidreamr
    Callidreamr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've had my Fitbit Flex for a week now. I've discovered that getting 10k steps in when you sit on your behind all day at work is really difficult (I've only done it twice). I love being accountable and challenging myself each day. Right now my focus is to get the 10k steps in and then increasing my goal. I use an urban rebounder (mini trampoline) in front of the tv to help me get in those steps. I also walk/jog in place during commercials while watching tv without the rebounder. Just keep moving!
  • EvelineUK
    Options
    Loving this thread!

I work from home, and getting my steps in often means marching around when taking a break, cooking dinner or watching tv. I've got a Garmin Vivofit and it's keeping me on track.

It sets goals according to your level, and will adjust if you reach those goals or not.
    Last week my goals were 5668, then 5799, then 5998 but I didn't get that one so it dropped again to 5754... Yesterday I finally got to 10,000 but as that's rare for me (I do try, but am working my way up) 6229. I like how it gives me achievable goals so I don't feel like a loser every time I don't reach 10,000 steps. My daily average is 5199 and that of course needs to go up!

I'm happy to read here that I'm not the only tv-walker. I sometimes march around the house, or taking a step and then marching in place for 10 steps before taking another step while the adverts are on and I don't have to actually watch the tv.

I hope that not all too long from now I can come back to this thread and report that 10,000 are a regular thing now.
  • nessab70
    nessab70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i reached 9000 today only been wearing pedometer for 2 days
  • bostonmom23
    bostonmom23 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I find that I need to do 15k in order to lose weight
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I started with FB 5 months ago with a daily target of 5k - I just about made it each day. I then increased over time and now steady at 12k per day. On holiday it has been great to do lots of walking and achieve 20k steps some days and you know the fun bit is eating back some of those cals ;-) There are also a few walking challenges on MFP 100 miles in a month - just great to keep me motivated, in September I achieved 160 miles. No way would I have done this without that little black band on my right wrist - thanks FB.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!