Anyone slightly overweight?

Options
2»

Replies

• gkim210
    gkim210 Posts: 22
    Options
    I think I'm way overweight. I'm 5'6 and weigh about 165, when I got on the scale last Friday. According to my BMI I should be weighing at least 10-15 lbs less than that to be at a healthy weight. I've been told it might still be my muscle I have left, since I used to be a competitive swimmer for 19 years but I think all that muscle's turned into fat. I don't know. Anyone know?
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    gkim210 wrote: »
    I think I'm way overweight. I'm 5'6 and weigh about 165, when I got on the scale last Friday. According to my BMI I should be weighing at least 10-15 lbs less than that to be at a healthy weight. I've been told it might still be my muscle I have left, since I used to be a competitive swimmer for 19 years but I think all that muscle's turned into fat. I don't know. Anyone know?

I don't think that sounds like your, "way overweight" at all. 10-15lbs for you is probably pretty similar to my 6 or now 7lbs (I just gained half a pound). My BMI is 26.1. I used to be an athlete myself. I used to run at least 6 miles a day, 6 days a week (that was in high school). I gained weight during college. I'm not sure exactly how long it takes to lose muscle, but if its been a while, like months, I would say that its gone. Being a former athlete though, I will say that being even a little overweight or even close to overweight makes me feel like I'm HUGE sometimes! I think that because we know what its like to be slim and fit, it feels even worse to gain weight and be out of shape.
  • Chaidell
    Chaidell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation. I'm 4'9 and probably about 5 pounds overweight. I'd like to lose that extra fat, but I'm not worried about the number on the scale.
  • DaddysBratt108
    Options
    I know what you all mean I am 5' 51/2 I weight 284 I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis and I have Asthma and COPD I have PTSD I have type2 diabetes and neuropathy in my hands and feet. I have other health issues. Stress anxiety. induces palpitations and migraines high blood pressure. Is there a workout program out there for me? my name is Sherri and I just turned 50.
  • gkim210
    gkim210 Posts: 22
    Options
    I know what you all mean I am 5' 51/2 I weight 284 I have fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis and I have Asthma and COPD I have PTSD I have type2 diabetes and neuropathy in my hands and feet. I have other health issues. Stress anxiety. induces palpitations and migraines high blood pressure. Is there a workout program out there for me? my name is Sherri and I just turned 50.

Well your problems obviously sound like they're way worse than ours. Perhaps there's another thread that might be able to help with more extreme obstacles. Maybe we sound like we're just trying to get vanity pounds off compared to you, right?
  • Smiley0514
    Options
    Hey everyone!! I know how hard it is to take that first step into weightloss. It took me almost a year to finally stick to it. I have completed insanity, p90x and now lift weights as well as incorporate other videos at home. I struggled with going out in public and having people stare because I didn't know what I was doing. I had my friend send me a message telling me how thankful she is that I'm helping better her life for her, and her daughter. I found my calling!! I love to help and give advice because we all need help at some point! I also have a challenge group on FB if anyone would like to join starting in Nov! add me on IG tleggwork. Please feel free to contact me!!!
  • yorkshirewoman
    yorkshirewoman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I lost 3 and a half stone a couple of years ago and have maintained ever since but have noticed about 4 lbs creeping on so I need to get back to basics and start logging again. Can I join in?
  • Melbo89
    Melbo89 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and I weigh 116lbs. I would love to lose 5-10lbs but I wouldn't mind weighing more if it's because I got stronger. I'm a little confused about how much I'm supposed to eat. I'm torn between wanting to look slim and being strong. I don't want to overeat but I don't want to lose muscle by undereating. Realistically, is it possible to eat my TDEE and still slim down by building muscle? I like to weight train more than cardio, although I do both almost daily. Btw, my TDEE is 1285 plus exercise. I find it easier for me to do it this way than having my exercise averaged out in my daily calorie count. Has anyone else had experience losing fat while eating to maintain?