More support wanted from non-overweight people :)

Options
I couldn't think of how to word the title properly sorry.

But there's a lot of forums about overweight people wanting some friends and motivation to lose 80 lbs or 100 lbs or even 50 lbs.

However, I'm looking for a bigger support group from women (preferably younger women so I can relate but all support welcome) who aren't, and never really started, as properly overweight. Perhaps started out as a little chubby at the most, or are currently just a tad on the thick side, and are aiming low (within healthy reason) -- numbers will be slightly higher for taller girls obviously.

I'm 5'3 so for my height and build I should (/would be happy) be around 105-115 lbs. Currently I'm about 120-122 lbs so I really don't have far to go but things keep on knocking me back (e.g. back to uni and drinking, then when I stopped partying I got ill and ate a lot etc) but now I have no more distractions and hopefully can shift the last weight.

It's just proving more challenging mentally. I could really do with some people in a similar situation to me. Perhaps young women who are going for a slim/thin build. (When I say thin, I don't mean unhealthy or skinny in a bad way, I just don't know what word to use other than slim to explain how I'd like to look, and sometimes people perceive slim as a range of anything from thin to normal-with-big-curves).

Replies

• nataliemarie387
    nataliemarie387 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    5'6" currently 130, goal of 120. 27 y/o female. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • spikrgrl503
    spikrgrl503 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm a 27 y/o female, 6' and not overweight. I weigh in between 175 and 178 lbs, so a bit on the higher side of "normal", looking to lose 10-15 lbs over a long period of time. You can add me if you'd like!
  • Chaidell
    Chaidell Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm 19, 4'9, and right now I'm 122. I would be happy probably around 110, but I'm more focused on the inches I lose. Feel free to add me :)
  • Level1Vegan
    Level1Vegan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Im with you!
    Being not overweight is exactly the reason im not thin. Im ok. So when I lose motivation my head reasons that it's ok to eat anything & everything cos im not fat.
    Gah. I just want to know what its like to be slim.
    14 pounds... just 14 little pounds & then I'd know.
    Why is it so hard?!
  • Level1Vegan
    Level1Vegan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Oh. Just noticed.... you're after 'young women'
    Well here's a bit of motivation....
    I've been a stone over my ideal for 20 years!!!
    Wanting to lose that weight since I was in school.
    Omg. 20 years?! Blimey. What a loser.
    36 now and still bleating on about 14 pounds.
    Have you seen that thinspiration pic?
    Says something on the lines of in 3 months time you'll be glad you started today.
    Love a bit of thinspo but don't want to be quite so scrawny... just on the lighter side of normal.

Gah. You could lose 14 pounds by xmas.
    Be that 'ideal size'. what an xmas present.

Its easy to say at 7:30am after a night of biscuits...
  • swoodhouse91
    swoodhouse91 Posts: 5 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm just under 5'7" and currently weigh 138lb. Not conventionally overweight but I definitely look like I'm carrying more fat than I should be, particularly around my stomach and legs. Ideally I'd like to lose about 15lb by the end of the year.
    I agree, my biggest challenge is definitely mentally. I also find that being closer to the target than an overweight person is does mean your weight loss is slower and more stubborn, which I find difficult. I'll add some of you guys, would be good to get and give some support :)
  • 1nnocenteyes
    1nnocenteyes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit old lol, 34 and I don't feel old haha, but I am not "overweight" just weigh a bit more than I want to my BMI is 24. I want to get it down to about 20. I'm 5"7 and weigh 154lbs. I'm happy to be added to help support others.
  • Misscaroline5
    Options
    A year ago I had similar problem. I wasn't overweight but I wanted to feel comfortable in my body :smile:
    I'm 20, currently 5'6'' 118lbs. I lost about 31lbs. At first I was at the higher side of normal, now I'm at the lower side and it's great!
  • ChinaCass
    ChinaCass Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey 5'2" over here and 112lbs. Feel free to add me, I could always use more support as well :)
  • xleannex19
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'2" and 126lbs, hoping to get to 119-122lbs before my wedding in 7 weeks time :-)
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I'm a 42 year old male furryhippo but was mildly overweight when I joined MFP. Feel free to add me. Have a look at my profile, anyway. You might find motivation to achieve your goal.
  • MusclenMascara
    MusclenMascara Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm 5'2" and at around 122lbs although i'm not looking to lose anymore. I'm happy to offer support if anyone wants to add me. I'm here daily :)
  • steff274
    steff274 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Hey I have added you I got over weight I was 10st 8 at 5ft 2 I lost over 3 stone and am currently maintaining and trying to eat enough to support my lifestyle and gym schedule!! I dropped as low as 7st 5 am now back to 7st 7 my ribs are abit visible could do with gaining back a couple of pounds.. I look less crap now though!! I went from a tight UK size 12 to a size 6 which atm is abit big no 1 wants to be a bloody 4!!
  • NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Me too, I'm 5'7'', started at 157lb, currently down to 142lb, but looking to lose another 7-14lb (not sure yet, will know when I get there). I've never fallen into the 'overweight' BMI category, because I know in myself when I'm heading that way and I get back on the MFP/diet and swimming wagon. This time though I not only want to lose the pounds I gained back over summer, I want to go a bit further and properly slim down, and maintain, for good.
    Feel free to add me - that goes for anyone on this post :)
  • karenroderick1995
    Options
    Hi,

I've been losing weight for nearly a year on and off. This time I wasn't really overweight (5'7" and 158lbs) My target is 136lbs but I'm finding this bit harder than ever (down from 173lbs last Christmas). I'm really stuck for quick healthy meals as I don't really have a lot of time on my hands (2 jobs and I'm a student)
    If anyone has any ideas then feel free to add me please!! :)
  • teranga79
    teranga79 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I started at 157 and have hit 140 today (my initial goal, yay!) I'm 5'7" so have never technically been overweight but I could certainly feel that extra 17 lbs! Am now hoping to shift another half stone maybe. Always open to new friends on here :)
  • fitmek
    fitmek Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I've never been overweight, but I always want to lose and better myself because I know I can--I've done it in the past. I'm 5'3, 145--size 6. My goal is to get to 125-130 and STAY there. That's usually where I feel awesome... add me if you want!
  • thebunches
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and about 130lbs right now... my GW is 107 but I will be happy with 110, toned. Anyone can feel free to add me if they'd like; I just got back on the wagon a week ago, so I am starting fresh! :)
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Options
    jemcad13 wrote: »
    Oh. Just noticed.... you're after 'young women'
    Well here's a bit of motivation....
    I've been a stone over my ideal for 20 years!!!
    Wanting to lose that weight since I was in school.
    Omg. 20 years?! Blimey. What a loser.
    36 now and still bleating on about 14 pounds.
    Have you seen that thinspiration pic?
    Says something on the lines of in 3 months time you'll be glad you started today.
    Love a bit of thinspo but don't want to be quite so scrawny... just on the lighter side of normal.

Gah. You could lose 14 pounds by xmas.
    Be that 'ideal size'. what an xmas present.

Its easy to say at 7:30am after a night of biscuits...

I'm after any friends and support! I only emphasised young 20s kind of age as losing weight as either a young teen, young woman, young/middle-aged or over middle-aged woman can strangely differ. Like I said, any ages still welcome (and 36 is young!)
  • zannajune
    zannajune Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", currently 122 lbs, and have a goal of 110. My highest weight more recently was 128 and before that the highest I've ever been is around 135. Anyone can add me as a friend!