More support wanted from non-overweight people :)

Options
2»

Replies

• ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Options
    Hi,

I've been losing weight for nearly a year on and off. This time I wasn't really overweight (5'7" and 158lbs) My target is 136lbs but I'm finding this bit harder than ever (down from 173lbs last Christmas). I'm really stuck for quick healthy meals as I don't really have a lot of time on my hands (2 jobs and I'm a student)
    If anyone has any ideas then feel free to add me please!! :)

Well my dinners never take more than 20 minutes to make, often less. If I need to do stuff while things are cooking then I will put some fishcakes, fish, chicken, or quorn products in the oven with some cut up peppers, carrots and courgettes, all with a little seasoning on. If I have some more time I may boil some broccoli or peas as well. Then after 20-25 minutes take it all out the oven and eat, sometimes with some salad leaves and mayo. Essentially it only takes 5 minutes preparation time, then 10 minutes eating time out of your day. In the meantime, I sit on the kitchen table with my laptop doing work while it cooks!
  • ell_23
    ell_23 Posts: 103
    Options
    zannajune wrote: »
    I'm 5'2", currently 122 lbs, and have a goal of 110. My highest weight more recently was 128 and before that the highest I've ever been is around 135. Anyone can add me as a friend!

That's almost exactly like me! Except I'm an inch taller. Same current weight and goal. My highest was 145 though. At 136/137 and above I found I was starting to look a little big. And by 143-144 it was most definitely almost chubby. The compliments really came when I went under 125, but I'm still unhappy and my thighs are quite big when the rest of me isn't (it's a strange body shape I have). 110 would be perfect!
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 29 and currently weigh 138lbs - Started at 156lbs and aiming for 120lbs. Been struggling a bit over the summer but re-focused now and hopefully will get back on track and lose at least another 10lbs by Christmas. I turn 30 in January, I'd love to be 125lbs by my birthday!
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I was only slightly overweight when I joined MFP - 165 lbs at 5'5''. Now I'm down to 130(a bit less maybe) but I don't carry my weight well at all so I'm trying to get to 117-120 and then decide if I'm happy. And I'm 22! Add me guys!
  • PumpJockeyy
    PumpJockeyy Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    So many gains ITT, Das it mane
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    ell_23 wrote: »
    [...]
    I'm 5'3 so for my height and build I should (/would be happy) be around 105-115 lbs. Currently I'm about 120-122 lbs so I really don't have far to go but things keep on knocking me back (e.g. back to uni and drinking, then when I stopped partying I got ill and ate a lot etc) but now I have no more distractions and hopefully can shift the last weight.
    [...]

We're twins!

I'm 5'3" and currently 120.5. I literally have remained the exact same weight for weeks. My goal is 115-ish, but really more of an appearance goal than a strict weight goal. I started at 128-ish.

I log on every day, log my food every day (with the exception of my birthday :smile: haha), and am generally supportive :stuck_out_tongue:

Feel free to add me.

Edited to add: and I'm 24 -- 25 next Monday.
  • jessready
    jessready Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I've been overweight, but for the last 8 years been at a "healthy weight" It's hard to want to loose more, get better in shape when everyone sees you as a great weight. 5'3" 123 currently. Would love some more friends
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You can add me. I've never been significantly overweight. Currently around 108 at 5'2". My heaviest ever was about 140. I'm 37 if that's young enough for you :)
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    This group is for people who haven't got much to lose:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/22119-little-middles
  • ciarotheray
    ciarotheray Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I wobble around the higher end of healthy weight (don't actually own scales, go by dress size). But I know that technically not being overweight isn't quite enough.... I want to see photos with me in and not feel weird about being the tall chubby girl!

Always happy to find to new friends and share support/motivation!
  • porscheMD
    porscheMD Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    5'6 and 128lbs currently :) Goal is 115lb!
  • twinmom823
    twinmom823 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm almost 30, 5'4" 132 pounds, goal of 129 with lower body fat :) I was 125 size 2 pre twins and now I'm a size 6, so I'd like to get down to a 4! Anyone can add me!
  • Deegarnett
    Deegarnett Posts: 1
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm 20, 5"2 currently 114 (only cause i'm going through a bad case of Pharyngitis and this medicine is truely kicking my *butt* :/ I want nothing more than a cheeseburger and sleep) but usually hover anywhere between 116-120 and my goal is 108-110. My heaviest was 135. I always find myself getting a good start into good regimen (eating lots of fruits and veggies as well as getting a good amout of exercise and sleep) only to have a party bender or a bad day that leads to a bit/a lot of binge eating and skipping weeks of workouts so I get you completely.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have the same problem! Nothing against overweight people, but I'd love to be in touch with someone nearer my size. I lost some weight when I joined MFP, and now been maintaining for a while. I don't want to deprive myself and I don't really need to lose weight, however I used to be a size slimmer and I'd love to go back there. I'm 38 y/o, feel free to add me. Just say how you got hold of me!
  • liquoricecat
    liquoricecat Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 26, 5 ft 8 and 134 lbs - aiming for between 128-130 lbs. Support from people in this sort of situation would be great. Sometimes I feel bad for being down about my weight because I know there are so many people with a lot more to lose but those extra few pounds are tough to shift. Anyone feel free to add me. xx
  • NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    It is really hard losing weight when you don't have much left to lose. I've done well so far, but the scales have been mocking me for the last week now, and I keep going between 140lb and 140.5lb, up and down but no lower. I really want to be into the next stone bracket for the first time, it's so annoying! I'm 5'7'' btw.
  • fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, 5'3"...136.7lb....I would like to get back down to 120lb.....did it once....trying to do it again....it's way harder this time, it seems....:(