Midsummer Meltdown - 4/25 thru 6/21

Options

Replies

• alacarte
    alacarte Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Exercise done, 31 mins on stationary bike, and only 1 cup of water to go. Plus I cleaned houses for 7 hrs today whew. I didn't want to exercise when I got home, but thanks to the challenge got it done. Hopefully I can keep it up.

Enjoy tomorrow everyone.
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Exercise done, 31 mins on stationary bike, and only 1 cup of water to go. Plus I cleaned houses for 7 hrs today whew. I didn't want to exercise when I got home, but thanks to the challenge got it done. Hopefully I can keep it up.

Enjoy tomorrow everyone.
    Steph, I'm so impressed!! I know how much you LOVE your water :tongue: And putting in a workout, after working all day...just fantastic, girl!! I KNOW you can keep it up!! You're SO strong!! And of course, you'll have me to kick your butt :laugh:
    :heart:
  • Tissues
    Tissues Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    i'm jealous to those of you that are seeing loss this week.. i've been working my REAR off and nothing.. i'm retaining water weight like crazy.. I should manage to clear it from my system by Tuesday though (fingers crossed). I drank way beyond my 10 cup capacity (I think i'm at 14? i'm thirsty today it was in the 90's here in southern CA) did 30 minutes on the elliptical at the gym and just finished level 3 of the 30 day shred (and its easily 80 degrees in my house so i'm DRENCHED). take THAT water weight :tongue:

now if only I can stay OFF the scale until weigh in to not get down on myself :blushing:
  • rentrikin
    rentrikin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of this challenge and I feel so motivated by it.. I have never been a water drinker (diet coke lover) but that is all I drank today until just now. I managed to do it 2 days in a row and that is something for me. I agree with the straw idea because that's how I have to do it. Working out daily is something I have already been doing so this is good for me, too. 68 minutes of aerobics tonight... but man, did it make me ravenous!! Good luck, all. Rhonda
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Ailene, you always impress me with your big calorie burns, you really motivate me to be better!!!
    Congrats Olivia and Leslie on losing already! You mean business!!
    And Leslie, yes...drinking from a straw is the only way I can get it down, straws help so much.
    Got my exercise and water in for today...really glad for the water challenge, I needed motivation to even get in 8 glasses...but seeing everyone else do it let's me know I can too!
    Have a terrific Thursday everyone!
    Also, like Leslie said, if you want to add me as a friend feel free, just send a little message, would love to motivate and encourage others! :)
  • jsailor87
    jsailor87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options

@ Leslie - thanks - the spreadsheet is growing fast! We're at 79 people (did everyone notice...we can no longer say it's just "Ladies"???? :wink:. )

Aillene, thanks for noticing my gender... but.... if it's inappropriate to be part of this challenge, I won't be offended at all. I wouldn't want to change the tone here, or have people feeling they have to think about it being a "mixed-crowd" while they're typing.

Your challenge topic, Midsummer Meltdown, was the first forum post I saw, and it looks cool and motivating... and I'm enjoying drinking all the water, (while experiencing the same frequent journeys to the bathroom others have been reporting!).

On the exercise front, I went sailing for an hour tonight, which surprisingly, involves a lot of moving around. And, after reading this article in the Times, "Is sitting a lethal activity" I've been standing while at work for at least two hours per day, for the past two days. That may not sound like much, but it's far tougher than I'd predicted.

Here's the link to the article, which has an amazing answer to why two people eating the same quantities of food and going to the gym the same amount of time, can experience such different weight loss results.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/17/magazine/mag-17sitting-t.html

Do let me know if it's ok to be male in here, and seriously, if it's a problem, just point me to where the guys hang out on MFP!

Jay
  • Tissues
    Options
    Jay I don't think anyone will have a problem with you being male. You need motivation, and thats what we're all here for!
  • jsailor87
    jsailor87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stacy! I'm really finding it motivating. Cheers
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    10 glasses of water = done
    30 mins walking= done, and weight training.

Very motivating, thanks
  • emariec78
    emariec78 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! So this morning I've realized that I have a really good (and I hate to admit completely superficial) motivation to work my butt off for this challenge. My birthday is June 26th and it also happens my drivers license needs to get renewed this year. When I got my last license 5 years ago I was over 200 lbs and I lied told them my weight was 175. So the new goal I'm adding is to be able to go into the DMV, not lie about my weight (my goal here is 150) and actually have someting put on there I can live with for the next 5 years!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hey!! My birthday is June 26th as well!!! It will be the big 45 this year...I can remember when that seemed so old....

Anyway, got my 30 mins done this morning (elliptical), but I will be doing more later on (including my first day of Jillian Michaels--Ripped in 30, Level 3--I hear it's a killer!)

Water...2 down, 8 to go!
  • eeyorelvr09
    eeyorelvr09 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    10 glasses of water: Check
    65 minutes of walking/jogging: check.

The water was difficult, bc I can do 8 glasses and at 10 last night I was force feeding the watter. i got it down though. Excited to see the results next week.

Btw, Welcome, Jay. Everyone needs the support, why not you.
  • ashade44
    ashade44 Posts: 27
    Options
    oops, forgot my 6/21 GW

CW: 201
    GW: 189
  • mlh612
    mlh612 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I did well yesterday... Finished my 10 cups of water and managed to get exercise in for the day...

Today - I am 1/2 way through my water and really hoping I can at least get in 30 minutes of exercise tonight...

Great Job Everyone!!!!! :smile:
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Jay, welcome to our group....we are happy to have you with us:) This isn't just for ladies! Thanks for the article too. I will have to read that. Seems like there are a lot of June birthdays. Mine is June 17th and I'll be 46! Sounds like everyone is doing fantastic with the water and exercise. Keep up the good work:)
  • Jesscox17
    Jesscox17 Posts: 33
    Options
    So glass = 8oz of water? I am going to try and use a bigger container trick and see if that helps me.
  • Jesscox17
    Jesscox17 Posts: 33
    Options
    How do I save this thread so that it is easier to get back to?:drinker:
  • beanie242
    beanie242 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I did good yesterday, got the whole 10 cups down and did a 30 min weights workout. Now to do it again today :)
  • aab1
    aab1 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Ailene, you always impress me with your big calorie burns, you really motivate me to be better!!!

Jess - thanks! I can't get enough and want so badly to continue seeing NSV & SV's each week and keep hitting milestones. It's OK; y'all can call me 'Obsessive'; 'Compulsive'; 'Neurotic'...I'm OK with the labeling...as long as I keep losing weight!!! :wink:
    Day 2 of this challenge and I feel so motivated by it.. I have never been a water drinker (diet coke lover) but that is all I drank today until just now. I managed to do it 2 days in a row and that is something for me. I agree with the straw idea because that's how I have to do it.

Rentrikin - Nice job on drinking the water! I also add lemon slices to my water and I change up the bottle I drink from...anything to fool myself in keeping it interesting.
    Ailene, thanks for noticing my gender... but.... if it's inappropriate to be part of this challenge, I won't be offended at all. I wouldn't want to change the tone here, or have people feeling they have to think about it being a "mixed-crowd" while they're typing

Jay - YOU BETTER NOT LEAVE US!!!! :noway: This is a gender free zone. :bigsmile: We'll try to keep the postings G-rated but can't guarantee anything! :smokin:
    How do I save this thread so that it is easier to get back to?:drinker:

Jesscox17 - Click onto the tab 'Community'; then on the page heading 'My Topics'. MFP saves 25 of the most recent threads which you've posted against. This thread should already be in there!
  • Tissues
    Options
    morning everyone! i'm super pumped today! I think this challege is really going to help keep me focused.. and I officially have something to work towards! I got a wedding invitation yesterday, its for June 24th, so that will help keep me on track as well.

i'm having my coffee before I jump into my water for the day. :blushing: its my one vice and I can't give it up.