172 pounds lost - Before and after

Options
Erikhulse
Erikhulse Posts: 51 Member
edited October 2014 in Success Stories
30 years old / 6'0" / Starting Weight 350 lbs / Goal Weight 180 lbs / Current Weight 178 lbs / Weight Lost 172 lbs
e5c5381bbdd55a9610a3cba9d7273f.jpg
54d0478e1ca51b6b35bf4c7e43fcb8.jpg
86f2d379a632ec6da4f72ff45b0d86.jpg

No surgery, no pills, no fad diets...just good ol' calorie counting, cooking the majority of my own meals, and increasing my activity level. 95% of weight loss is from changes to my eating habits. Burn more calories than you consume!

I've logged onto MyFitnessPal for 382 days straight and logged everything I ate and exercised. Feel free to add me.

More progress pictures from earlier in the journey are in my old post:
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1317188/lost-132-pounds-in-273-days

Replies

• melindabrock
    melindabrock Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Well done sir!
  • LadyHobbledehoy
    LadyHobbledehoy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Great job! What an inspiring venture. Your baby blues have a sparkle in them now. Congratulations!
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Great job, very inspirational :)
  • ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    amazing - nice job
  • housemamma
    housemamma Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That sir, is a lot of hard work and dedication showing on you!!! Giving you a standing ovation!
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! :D You look fantastic. Such an amazing transformation with no pills or surgeries. In just over a year. All your hard work, dedication and effort is showing! Great job! Thank you for sharing!
  • farmgirlrrt
    farmgirlrrt Posts: 168 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Is this just with myfitnesspal? Regardless of the answer...your progress is astounding! What do you think some of weaknesses were when you started your journey and how did you turn those around?
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    A huge WOW!
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!
  • Erikhulse
    Options
    Is this just with myfitnesspal? Regardless of the answer...your progress is astounding! What do you think some of weaknesses were when you started your journey and how did you turn those around?

Myfitnesspal certainly helped in that it made it easy to track my calories. Basically, for the first 6 months, I tried to stay around 1200 calories, then I upped to 1500 calories, now I'm at around 2,000 calories. The hardest part was having the motivation to know that I had the power to make the changes I needed to make and stay with them. I knew what was possible when I started this journey, and I had to begin with the end in mind. When I started, I knew that if I maintained this lifestyle, I would lose the weight. After the first month, I had lost 30 pounds, and that was all the motivation I needed to keep it up. Now I am trying to find a balance and maintenance calorie amount that I can maintain the rest of my life. Pinterest was and is my friend. It's where I have found 90% of the recipes me and my girlfriend cook. No more fast food at all, and limited eating out. But now if I do go out, I usually get a greek salad or something like that. My palate has completely changed. I eat lots of lean proteins, tons of fruit and vegetables. I am looking forward to my annual physical later this month to take blood work and surprise my doctor. Last time I saw my doctor was September of last year when I was 350. All my blood work was good then, but I knew it was only a matter of time before my health started declining because of my poor lifestyle.
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • bootcamp85
    bootcamp85 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    :# WOW and WOW....
    You look amazing.
    I love before and after photos.
    Keep up the great work.
    I cant wait till I can post my before and afters.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • smilzjoay
    Options
    What an inspiration! Thanks for sharing your story, and gratz on your transformation !!! :)
  • Erikhulse
    Options
    Oh, and I went from barely squeezing into 50" waist jeans to now fitting into 32" waist jeans (the jeans in the last picture are size 32"), so I lost an astounding 18" in my waistline. Another weird fact is my shoe size went from a 11.5 down to a 9. My ring size also went from an 11.5 down to a 9 too. I still have, what I consider to be a big gut, but I think the majority of it is excess loose skin with some fat still underneath. Hopefully over time, and with strength training (which I haven't started yet), it will tighten up. I really want to avoid any type of surgery if at all possible...with exception of LASIK that I will do next year!
  • You look incredible, like an entirely different person. Your doctor is not going to recognise you when you walk through the door. Well done!
  • Nacho12
    Nacho12 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! You are an inspiration to all of us!
  • simpsi
    simpsi Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow great job! thanks for posting this, it fills me with confidence that it can be done!!

Can I ask what exercise you did, and how much. thanks in advance.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!