How do you use PB2? Suggestions?

Options
124»

Replies

• lolap40
    lolap40 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I get a generic version at BJ's...I mix it with vanilla almond milk and protein power in the blender
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I've only ever used it in the powder form as an additive. I've put it in cookies, smoothies and protien shakes, but I'm sure the possibilities are endless.
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning I mix 2 tablespoons of PB2 chocolate in 1 cup of milk, with 1/2 cup Chiobani plain fat free greek yogurt and have it for breakfast. It also makes a great snack if you get hungry during the day. 211calories, 23g carbs, 4g fat, 24 protein, 5g sugar, 53g sodium. I don't like yogurt, but I like it's benefits. It tastes really good like this.
  • ImmaZombie
    Options
    OMG I had no idea it's only 45 calories for 2 Tbsp!! I just ordered some online. Whew. :) Thanks for the post, yall. :)
  • RUNNING_AMOK_1958
    RUNNING_AMOK_1958 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    And I forgot to add.....6 GIANT 15 oz. jars for $39.99 on Groupon. http://touch.groupon.com/deals/gg-pb2-powdered-peanut-butter-12-pack-1/options
  • firesweetheart
    firesweetheart Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    In to save for ideas later!
  • tigger2009
    Options
    So far I don't like the taste of it. Tried it in smoothies and mixed with water. Guess I am picky.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    rhonpaul wrote: »
    I use it in place of flour in a Cake in a Cup. You can find cake in a cup/mug recipes online. I replace the flour in the recipes 1:1 with defatted peanut flour (which PB2 is).

Whoa, really? That's great because I love mug cakes. I've been using coconut flour, but I think PB2 would be way better.

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,656 Member
    Options
    I use plain PB2 in savory dishes from Indonesia and Malaysia. Satay sauce and gado gado are dishes that normally use peanut butter that can be replaced with PB2. I'll also toss some PB2 into stir fries to give them an Malaysian/Indonesian twist.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I add it to almond milk and chocolate protein powder for my morning shake.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    Gd ima have to check this out! :hushed:
  • CassiHutchings
    CassiHutchings Posts: 98 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I eat it with my apples! :smiley: But, I actually use it to make peanut butter, and don't use it as a powder, obviously.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I bought some a couple years ago, but it tastes too salty to me, so I gave them to my friend. She likes to add it to her smoothies and sauces.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Just got my order of PB2 & PB2 chocolate... No clue what to do with it! lol What is your favorite & healthy way to use it? I'm not picky, I don't use dairy, but I can substitute with soy/almond milk so all suggestions are welcome!

thanks!

Mix it in with pancake mix/omelette.

Blend it into a protein shake, add a banana as well.

Mix it with a little bit of water and add it as a cream to whatever seems appropriate such as ice cream.

Stir it in with Greek yoghurt.