Hater? Troll? Bully?? or just plain ignorant

Options
findingmarina
findingmarina Posts: 89
edited October 2014 in Motivation and Support
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share something that happened to me today at work. Earlier in the day I uploaded this pic on my facebook...
10698611_796684893707744_227249122961495508_n_zps815a3d27.jpg.html]10698611_796684893707744_227249122961495508_n_zps815a3d27.jpg

anyway, apparently some folks in the office started talking about some of the weight I shed and how noticeable it was on my recent pic on FB...particularly my stomach. Anyway I share offices with this guy who has been on my behind about my "new healthy lifestyle". Every day I will hear some stupid remarks "again with the bunny diet?...you sure you don't want tacos? hmm smell this food?? yummy"....
soooo as I am busy with work I hear the sound of a camera taking a pic. I turn around and I caught my coworker taking a pic of me. I confronted him and asked him why the picture and he finally showed it to me. He proceeds to point at my stomach (which had belly rolls because I was sitting down hunched over my desk...yes when you sit...your belly will create some rolls...big deal). Anyway he goes on to say "see that?? that's fat...looks different from your pic on FB...you need to start watching your rolls".
I kindly looked at him and said "hmmm..well would you look at that...well that is why I am on this journey, you should join me". and pretty much kept it moving...I was in SHOCK that a "grown in age" man would take the time to do something like this. I am not hurt from it, some of us have belly rolls when we sit...big deal?? But seriously though....what the hell? I would expect that from a female coworker...but a guy?? Um okay!! I sat there and thought "what was that about? was it jealousy? bullying? or just being a *kitten* for no reason?".
On the positive side...my back looked awesome!! No back rolls....
So...did you ever get "any backhanded, not so nice remarks" from people at your workplace??

Keep doing you!

Marina

Replies

• Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Chika, I don't how you didn't slap ese mendigo!! Glad you're progressing!! :drinker:
  • findingmarina
    Options
    blazepurr wrote: »
    I'd say it's bullying/harassment and you should report it, especially if it happens again

very good point, hmm I may consider that.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    That's definitely something I would go to HR for
  • blueblueheart
    Options
    You'd expect that from a female coworker?
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    What a *kitten* thing to do. Im in shock :o

Oh and edited to add - ( Sorry got caught up in the moment ) you look AWESOME!!!!
  • rach3649
    Options
    If this has been happening over a period of time, and it does sound that way, I would be taking it to HR and getting his nasty *kitten* dealt with.
    Taking a photo of you without your permission for the sole purpose of ridiculing you is absolutely unacceptable.
    I have to admire the way you dealt with it but no one deserves that kind of harassment in the work place!
    BTW you look FABULOUS. I hope you are not taking what this douche says to heart, people like that are not worth your time or any of your head space!
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Gosh that behaviour would not be tolerated in our workplace. We can't use Facebook at work except on breaks and it's use is frowned upon so rarely use it there. We have a joke and laugh at work but it never crosses the professional line.
  • Igotthatcake
    Igotthatcake Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    sorry but may I just take a second to point out that you actually look AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • alyci
    alyci Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is some serious harassment, the fact that he is taking pictures of you without your permission should be enough to get him into trouble.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's bullying/harassment and you should report it, especially if it happens again

ABSOLUTELY this. Go to HR and rais a fit about how his remarks and behavior toward you are making you uncomfortable and they are unwanted, and they will have his *kitten* in the office so fast, chewing him out so bad he won't even know what hit him.

I'm awfully glad you didn't really take offense to it, but seriously, taking pictures of you literally behind your back, without your permission, then making derogatory remarks about your weight and personal appearance? Totally inappropriate, rude, and best of all, illegal. Roast his *kitten*.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Yep take it to HR.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    I find it creepy that he would take a pic of you. Report the douchecanoe.
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'd say report it. You're looking good, I think he's probably jealous.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

ABSOLUTELY this. Go to HR and rais a fit about how his remarks and behavior toward you are making you uncomfortable and they are unwanted, and they will have his *kitten* in the office so fast, chewing him out so bad he won't even know what hit him.

I'm awfully glad you didn't really take offense to it, but seriously, taking pictures of you literally behind your back, without your permission, then making derogatory remarks about your weight and personal appearance? Totally inappropriate, rude, and best of all, illegal. Roast his *kitten*.

So they edited the word @$$...not sure why they felt the need to use four asterisks rather than three, though, lol. Shrug.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    None of the options you've presented accurately describe this guy. Unfortunately anything I want to say about him violates the MFP terms of use. He's a sad individual with a miserable pathetic existence and wants to bring others down. Girl, you look fabulous. I would seriously consider reporting his behaviour to HR. He's way over the line in taking your photo without your consent, let alone his disgusting comments.
  • findingmarina
    Options
    You'd expect that from a female coworker?

I meant that as in some women can be petty or competative, never thought a man would do that though...hmm. I've had some female workers giving me backhanded compliments before so I wouldn't be surprised if they said something about my weight. Smh
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Why would you expect that from a female coworker? Being an asshat has no gender!
  • SyzygyX
    SyzygyX Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you should go to HR. You look lovely, btw.
  • findingmarina
    Options
    sorry but may I just take a second to point out that you actually look AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you kindly :)