• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Well, THAT was an active thread we had last week! LOL

Happy Monday, ladies! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Loki - LOL about the tuna fish sandwich! I was BEGGING for a turkey sandwich after Micah was born. Their response was, "well, the cafe is closed..." He was born at 9:30pm...my sandwich came at 2am. Somehow the cafe opened sometime around 1am. But they forgot my mayo. :grumble: :laugh: I don't know how you handled an hour & a half in an ambulance on your back in labor! I would have not dealt with that nearly as well as you seemed to have. What a nightmare!

Loree - Congrats on the time away! I cried a lot when I started leaving Zeke places b/c it meant I was back at the living hell that was my job. It'll get easier. I used to feel the same way about leaving the kids with my IL's b/c I didn't want them to feel bad...that has since changed but that's another story for another day. :bigsmile:

Roni - anxious to hear how the surgery went! Hope you are doing well & that the surgery was successful! :flowerforyou:

I ate like crap yesterday & only got my pushups in. Yesterday was the first day in a LONG time that I was completely disappointed in myself. Normally if I have a bad eating day, I'll get in one or two sets of TJ in. I got about 10 min. in yesterday & my dvd started skipping (thanks again, Zeke!) so I quit. I felt pukey anyways. Today is a new day & it will be better!

Have a wonderful Monday, ladies! :heart:
  • jenrobi
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am new here and a new stay at home mom! I need to lose about 35 pounds to get to my goal weight of 140. 135 is optimal, but I would be quite happy at 140.

I had my first child 7 months ago and have had one hell of a time losing the weight I gained during my pregnancy. When I got pregnant I was at 160, the thinnest I had been in YEARS. So, I know I can do good and lose the weight, but it's just really hard to motivate and actually DO it sometimes.

So, 7 months later and my excuse of "I just had a baby" is pretty much not a good excuse anymore. I could definitely have lost the pregnancy weight and then some by now... but my bad eating habits just have gotten worse and I am slowly gaining.

So, I've been lurking on the site the past few days getting ready for today. I've decided that Thursday is an out day though. Even on Thanksgiving< I think I can keep it in check. I may splurge a bit but I can do it without going overboard. I'll just stick to the veggie tray. Maybe I could make a "autumn" feeling salad. Something with apples and walnuts?

Anyways, I'm rambling! I am glad to have found this site and I am looking forward to getting to know some other SAHMs who are in the same struggle I am in.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Well, good morning, jenrobinson-- and welcome!!!!!!!

We have a lot of fun here, so jumpon in the fray.

Good morning, my dear Mrs. Beans-- thank you for beginning another thread, as always. You're so faithful in this every Monday and I really appreciate it. Shake off yesterday, today's a new day.

Not sure how/what I ate yesterday. We went to Sams Club holiday sample festival again yesterday. All samples are bite size, but I know they added up. 600, maybe? Which I logged as a lump 600-- but I'm not sure. I'm not sweating it.

I did wish to exercise, but we got invited to some friends who took pity that we have no heat-- I was actually a bit too warm sitting in her kitchen. It was glorious. Hopefully if we get an unemployment check this week (first one is supposed to arrive) we'll be able to afford to have the furnace fixed. We're killing our electricity bill with all the space heaters in the bedrooms, and I don't know how we'll pay it. Should be an interesting winter.

Have to go pick up our Thanksgiving dinner later, and then have tons of typing-- can't tarry here. (did you hear me, Marla? CAN'T TARRY HERE!!!!!!!)

God bless us all this day, my friends.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    Morning!
    I am actually feeling better today! Which is really good because I have a lot to do!

Jen, welcome! The ladies here are so much fun! They keep me cheered up and laughing.

I just did my push ups test. I managed 70 which still isn't as good as I was doing but I will take it! Gotta be able to wear my shirt this weekend! I have cleaning and more cleaning to do, need to start getting ready for the trip, I want to go for a walk since it's half way nice today. I have a lot to get done by Wednesday when we leave so I hope I can get it all done! I'm also challenging myself to work out 5x this week. Don't know if that's going to happen but it's worth a shot!

Oh and Alex is doing SOOO much better over the last week or so! He's been talking a lot, he's been active, and lovable. I don't know what changed but I like it! Maybe since he was sick he's thinking, "I don't want to feel that way again, so maybe if I'm really nice...":laugh: I'm enjoying it! I hope it sticks around!
    Gotta get busy. Have a great Monday!
    MM
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hey, Jen! Welcome to the group! I have a 7 months old as well...she's not quite up to the 20# mark yet (I saw you mention this in another post). My first son was that way. When he was 7 months, he was 23#. Ridiculous beefy boys, I swear. Good luck getting that baby weight off & then some! You can do it & we're here to help!

Marla - you are so very welcome! I'm glad you'll be seeing the first unemployment check this week. I pray that it is enough to get that darn furnace fixed! Happy typing, lady!

MM - I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Nothing worse than feeling like crap & having to travel. I'm so glad that Alex is showing more improvements! Whatever you're doing, it is working (and I KNOW you're doing a lot!). Congratulations!

I'm off to finish getting the house ready for the sitter. I just hope Z & T don't give her too hard of a time while I"m out with Micah. Should be an interseting day.

Anyone else want to share their L & D stories?! Come on! You know you wanna! :glasses:
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies...and welcome jenrobinson:flowerforyou:

Well, had the first surgery Saturday...she only removed 2 places instead of the 4 that she had originally scheduled me for because one of the excisions was a bit worse (and deeper) that she had anticipated. So, now I have stitches in 2 places on my back and I must say that I am really surprised at the burning, pinching, itching its been doing. Didnt see that one coming!:noway: Now I go back in 2 weeks to get the stitches removed and have 2 more places done. Im going to do my walk this morning, but the weights are defintely out for a while:ohwell:

Well, just wanted to check in and say hi...not feeling to great. I'll try to check in later. Have a great one ladies!:drinker:

~Roni
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning, Mommies!

Welcome, jen. Everybody here is great and it's nice to have people with things in common to talk to.

Marla, good job keeping a positive attitude. Now get back to work! :laugh:

MM, I'm impressed! I tried pushups the other day after reading about the pushups challenge. On my knees, I did 2. "Real" ones, I got 1/2. :huh: I know women have less upper body strength then men but come on! I have an excercise ball and if I lay across that I can do 10-12. So I'm gonna do that way until I'm a bit stronger. And yea! about Alex.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies and a hello and welcome to Jen.
    MM-I'm glad you are feeling better...it's about time right? :smile:
    3BB-shake off yesterday and focus on the days to come. You better find a new Fat Blaster or get a DVD repair kit....if its fixable.

If you will notice my ticker it went up one YEA!!! and actually I lost 2 lbs last week but I hadn't changed my ticker when my weight went up a bit from my 3 week break. I'm thrilled though cuz I am officially at the 20 lbs mark....just 30 more to go!! My goal is to be down to 165 by my birthday in April. I figure...I lost 20 lbs in 3 months I should be able to lose 30 lbs in 5 months right??? That's long term though, right now I'm focusing on getting down to my pre preg weight of 188 by Christmas, just 7 lbs to go. Then my next short term goal is my pre preg weight from the FIRST child, 6 years ago :laugh: I can get there. I know the weight will fall off gradually until about 180 and then it might get stubborn. I haven't been 180 since my son was a year old. Boy do I have a long way to go, but I can do it. (okay enough of my pep talk :laugh: )

Just a few things to accomplish today, my workout being the most important. I got a lot done last night during the football game (GO Colts!!! Really I'm a Raiders fan...and they won yesterday too WAHOO!). As my hubby so nicely put it "did you get a bug up your butt?" I loaded a box of outgrown boy clothes for my nephews and another box full of baby girl clothes for my brother and his wife, they are expecting in March (their 2nd) and I'm hoping its a girl. I have 5 nephews, no nieces, Adi was my parents first grand daughter.

Well I should get going. Hope everyone has a great day!
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Roni, get better soon! I'm sorry for what you have had to go through. I will pray for you!

Loree, you should join us on the challenge when you feel ready! It will help keep you motivated!

Congrats DM on your weight loss! Why don't you send some of that on over here? I could use a little loss!

MM
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Hi all..Just checking in for today..I'm still at 197lbs but thats ok I guess. Least I havent gained..Well the benefit breakfast is over..Thank goodness, I raised $715 for my mom to put towards my dads funeral. Which I dont think is to bad..As far as still being depressed n stressed I'm still there..I think its cuz its the holidays and my dad isnt here..And I think my bf and I are heading towards a breakup which is fine with me if thats what he wants..I dont know I'm ready to go on vacation and leave it all behind for a few days but this is life this is what happens..Hope everyone is having a great day and much success with thier weight loss..
    Later Dana
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Dana, I'm glad you were able to raise that much money to help your mom out. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I pray that the Lord comforts you and your family through the holidays.

Well, I have to tell you all about my horrible shopping trip. I'll try to keep it short. I went to get my contact prescription transferred from the doctor to a Walmart close by. The lady at Walmart was getting on my nerves because I told her the Dr said I needed a release paper and she kept saying no I didn't. I started to get snippy. Finally she called my doctor and confirmed what I had already told her. The doctor was a jerk and hung up on her. After she realized what was going on we managed to get through it, even with a mean dr. (I'm not going back to that dr again.) So then after all that fiasco I go to a mall that's 15 miles away to get a pair of jeans. I looked ALL over for the jeans before I finally found them. When I got to the register, there was no price tag! Doh! I go all the way back to the other side of the store and get another pair with a price tag. They are $10 each so I get both. That was the best part! It's starting to get crowded in the store, I can tell my son is reaching his meltdown limit, and I just want to get out. We get to the car, I get in and hit my head on the roof. I am ready to cuss, which I just don't do because my son will copy me! Instead I hurt my hand while hitting the steering wheel. On the way to getting on the highway I get honked at because the guy in front of me won't move and then later he starts swerving in to my lane nearly hitting me. I am thinking, "Is this idiot day? What's wrong with everybody? What's wrong with ME?" I'm steaming as I am driving, and the Lord says to me, "All that was a test. I was showing you YOUR ugliness." Talk about humbling. I had been a real jerk. I'm not saying other people don't act like idiots lol, but I am one of them. I guess I was getting prideful, thinking I have it all together. It's a good reminder for me to be nice to people, especially during the holidays when everyone is turning cranky and rushing around, spending money they don't have etc etc.
    That's my story.
    MM
  • Marla64
    Options
    MM-- sounds like one of my typical mornings-- replete with the knock upside the head by the Lord at the end. May we heed his urging this day--

I was picking up Hope from basketball practice the other morning, grumbling how cold it was in my heart-- thinking of what complaint I might utter to the first parent I came into contact with when these words came into my head-- "Walk with the King today and be a blessing.' Can't remember the guy's name who did the radio show-- from King's College-- anybody?? But, I loved his Christian show, and his ending reminder to walk with the King today, and be a blessing."

I immediately straightened up-- I mean, physically-- stood up straight, walked in, smiled, agreed that, "Yep, it sure was cold," and kept the complaint at the door.

(mind you-- this was after days of being knocked upside the head-- ) Stil--
  • Marla64
    Options
    Just returned from picking up our Thanksgiving dinner from Rebekah's endocrinologist. The generosity is staggering-- somehow I managed not to cry. Go figure-- they thought of everything, literally from soup to nuts, and everything in between. It is lovely.

It's so cold in my room I can't type. Brrrr. Must turn the heater on. I sent some work back this morning because the audio was just too crappy, and they were able to replace it with some other stuff. So, I need to put my working cap back on.

My golfing daughter just completed her first round in her golf tournament-- so now I can relax. It's going to be a stressful week with her on the course every day-- all prayers for mental health for hubby and me will be welcome. These weeks are hell.

Later all-- hang in!!!!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hi all..Just checking in for today..I'm still at 197lbs but thats ok I guess. Least I havent gained..Well the benefit breakfast is over..Thank goodness, I raised $715 for my mom to put towards my dads funeral. Which I dont think is to bad..As far as still being depressed n stressed I'm still there..I think its cuz its the holidays and my dad isnt here..And I think my bf and I are heading towards a breakup which is fine with me if thats what he wants..I dont know I'm ready to go on vacation and leave it all behind for a few days but this is life this is what happens..Hope everyone is having a great day and much success with thier weight loss..
    Later Dana

Well, I'm glad the benefit was a success, Dana! $715 less that your mom has to find. I'm sorry this holiday season will be so difficult for you. Try to find comfort in knowing that your father will be spending it with the birthday boy in Heaven. :flowerforyou: And to be having problems with the bf, too?! When are you going to catch a break?! *hugs* I hope that it all works out for the best for you. Now, back up on the weight loss train, chick! We're here for you!
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Good Monday morning, Mommies!

Welcome, jen. Everybody here is great and it's nice to have people with things in common to talk to.

Marla, good job keeping a positive attitude. Now get back to work! :laugh:

MM, I'm impressed! I tried pushups the other day after reading about the pushups challenge. On my knees, I did 2. "Real" ones, I got 1/2. :huh: I know women have less upper body strength then men but come on! I have an excercise ball and if I lay across that I can do 10-12. So I'm gonna do that way until I'm a bit stronger. And yea! about Alex.

Push Ups Push Ups Push Ups! Come on! You know you wanna!!! I started like you & am continuing doing them on my knees. I gave my self a couple weeks of practice & now I just finished week 3! Woo! It really is shocking how quick you build up strength. Plus, once you hit 100, you can order the shirt & wear it with pride. :bigsmile: Or, you can just order the shirt & lie to people. Either way. :huh:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Good morning ladies...and welcome jenrobinson:flowerforyou:

Well, had the first surgery Saturday...she only removed 2 places instead of the 4 that she had originally scheduled me for because one of the excisions was a bit worse (and deeper) that she had anticipated. So, now I have stitches in 2 places on my back and I must say that I am really surprised at the burning, pinching, itching its been doing. Didnt see that one coming!:noway: Now I go back in 2 weeks to get the stitches removed and have 2 more places done. Im going to do my walk this morning, but the weights are defintely out for a while:ohwell:

Well, just wanted to check in and say hi...not feeling to great. I'll try to check in later. Have a great one ladies!:drinker:

~Roni

I'm glad that it went well, but I'm sorry she couldn't do all 4 spots at once! At least there's only 2 spots of stitches instead of 4. Give yourself time to heal! You don't want to over do it! I'll continue to pray that you heal quickly. Good to hear from you! :heart:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Good morning ladies and a hello and welcome to Jen.
    MM-I'm glad you are feeling better...it's about time right? :smile:
    3BB-shake off yesterday and focus on the days to come. You better find a new Fat Blaster or get a DVD repair kit....if its fixable.

If you will notice my ticker it went up one YEA!!! and actually I lost 2 lbs last week but I hadn't changed my ticker when my weight went up a bit from my 3 week break. I'm thrilled though cuz I am officially at the 20 lbs mark....just 30 more to go!! My goal is to be down to 165 by my birthday in April. I figure...I lost 20 lbs in 3 months I should be able to lose 30 lbs in 5 months right??? That's long term though, right now I'm focusing on getting down to my pre preg weight of 188 by Christmas, just 7 lbs to go. Then my next short term goal is my pre preg weight from the FIRST child, 6 years ago :laugh: I can get there. I know the weight will fall off gradually until about 180 and then it might get stubborn. I haven't been 180 since my son was a year old. Boy do I have a long way to go, but I can do it. (okay enough of my pep talk :laugh: )

Just a few things to accomplish today, my workout being the most important. I got a lot done last night during the football game (GO Colts!!! Really I'm a Raiders fan...and they won yesterday too WAHOO!). As my hubby so nicely put it "did you get a bug up your butt?" I loaded a box of outgrown boy clothes for my nephews and another box full of baby girl clothes for my brother and his wife, they are expecting in March (their 2nd) and I'm hoping its a girl. I have 5 nephews, no nieces, Adi was my parents first grand daughter.

Well I should get going. Hope everyone has a great day!

I am so proud of you for your 20# loss! You reminded me I need to do some "out grown clothes" organizing myself. There's a giant pile in the basement that needs gone through that I've been avoiding but need to get done before Christmas & they get new clothes from my parents & my IL's. Ugh. Not my favorite chore. Good job getting your TJ in (saw it on the other thread). :happy:
  • Marla64
    Options
    Turbo Jam just came in-- woo hoooooooooo--

Where do I start? Which one? Huh? Which one? Huh? Huh? Tell me tell me tell me!!

can't wait to be done with work tonight--
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    MM & Marla - How good of you to realize when you're in a sour mood & to be able to correct it. I sometimes forget these things when I'm out & dealing with the general population.

MM - where in the world did you find $10 jeans?! I'm envious! I can't wait to go out & buy my new clothes...but in the same breath, that is going to cost a LOT. Therefore, I refuse to do it until I get to my goal weight. It better get here quickly! LOL

Marla - how nice of them & what a blessing. I couldn't imagine the grocery bill for a family of 11! Whew! I hope your daughter keeps advancing! Good luck to her!

Micah will be starting speech therapy very soon. The evaluation was a nightmare but they assured me that therapy wouldn't be like that. Therapy is play based & the eval was a little, for lack of a better word, pushy. They were showing him pics & trying to get him to point things out & Micah just simply isn't a big fan of strangers so he was less than willing to cooperate. We'll see how therapy goes. If I think its a joke, I'm just not going to take him. I hope it works, though. He obviously has some delays.