What was your WORST binge ever?

Options

Replies

• Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I've eaten an entire loaf of bread with butter or mustard, 6 cheese buns plain, an entire pack of oh caramel desserts, entire bag of chips, an entire 8 square deep dish pizza from dominoes... You get the picture. That's not all at once but the amounts of certain foods I can eat as a snack between meals. Ive also made a whole pot of rice and eaten the entire thing from the pot with salad dressing dumped on it. My prior disgusting eating habits are just too numerous to list.

I've frequently bought mcdonalds supersize Big Mac meal on the way home from work, and then had a huge dinner with an evening of mindless eating until bedtime... That was my norm for a long time.

Just the thought now of remembering what/how I ate is making me feel sick to my stomach right now. What is scary is that I can remember exactly how I felt while binging and the helplessness that I couldn't stop even though I was beyond stuffed and in physical abdominal pain. I ate for every emotion, and even when feeling ill (cold or flu) I always fed the sickness, believing/thinking that it would make me feel better. I'm happy to say my binges are few and far between now, I am much more conscious of what I put into my mouth.

ETA: how on earth could I have forgotten the 5ish lb bulk bags of chocolate covered almonds I was devouring in one day for about 2 months late last year. That's gotta be over 10,000 calories EASY. I haven't logged them to see... I'm too scared to find out. (I'd buy them once a week, eat them on the way home in the car and the rest after dinner, stuffing about 5 in my mouth at a time.. Yikes!)
  • Imperfect_Angel
    Imperfect_Angel Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Just 2 weeks ago I had:
    A very normal and healthy breakfast

Large Big Mac with double bacon
    Chicken BLC
    Large fries
    Large Fanta
    Numerous condiments to go...

Now, you'd think I would be done at this point but that was before I landed my filthy hands on those mini Lindt chocolates that are shaped like rabbits. I effortlessly demolished 8 of them. Those alone are close to 1,500 calories!! I then proceeded to eat half a container of Ben & Jerry's Half a Baked Alaska ice-cream (actually, I'm not even sure if I ate just half, it's unlike me not to polish off one container in a single sitting. I had a few bananas as well inbetween McDonalds & choc/ice-cream meal..
    For dinner that day I had Turkish prawn rice with salmon. It was enough rice to feed an entire refugee camp with reminders given to an orphanage. I was so guilt ridden, I couldn't believe just how much I had disrespected my stomach. I logged it ALL!
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    One day I had
    2 glazed donuts for breakfast with a venti caramel brulee latte
    skipped lunch
    4 square slices of bacon chicken ranch pizza for supper with 2 breadsticks
    3 chocolate chip cookies for dessert

I felt so sick! I had given myself a "cheat day" and haven't since.
  • thomaszabel
    thomaszabel Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Chinese buffet. About 4 months ago. Not sure what all I ate, but I had at least one of everything. My stomach hurt really bad from overeating at the end, and I was in a food-induced stupor. Because of that, I wasn't at all hungry until dinner of the next day.

Took me 5 days of working out and eating well before my weight recovered.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    The last time I had visitors we all went bar hopping in the city and oh my... I don't even know if I ate that day, but I probably had 18-20 alcoholic beverages over the course of 5 hours. I logged over 3500 calories that day.
  • britkneemeyer
    britkneemeyer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    im reviving this thread bcause i had a pretty emotional binge today and felt the need to confess.

over the coruse of six hours:
    venti vanilla iced soy latte
    barbaras peanut butter chocolate puffins 2 and a half servings dry (like an organic low sugar version of reeses cereal)
    two cups of raw broccoli with 3 servings or red pepper hummus with nutritional yeast mixed in
    1 banana
    2 medijool dates
    10 strawberries

i know this was healthy but it was definitely WAY too much and definitely fueled by stress.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I was scared to post in the last one. I'm a recovered binge eater (though now I'm in recovery from a different eating disorder), so my binges got pretty bad sometimes. I'm not sure about the worst, but... a typical example would be the one I can (albeit vaguely) remember:

1 can of viennas
    1 package of pepperonis
    1 frozen meal
    1 bag of lays chips (not the little bags, the family bag)
    a frozen pizza
    half a jar of peanut butter
    a few pickles or so
    some ice cream
    a couple slim Jims
    A pack of Oreos
    a couple slices of cheese
    a string cheese
    A Lunchable

Yes. That was a real binge. Binge eating disorder sucks. Then again, so does the eating disorder I'm in recovery from. I actually think the one I have now is worse, but it's subjective. As everyone handles struggle/s differently.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    20 bananas, 4 cans of chocolate frosting. One case of dates.

All in one sitting.

20 Bananas! How? Why?
    H-how?!

I can actually kind of understand it. I refuse to buy bananas in bundles. For some reason, in recovery from an ED, bananas are a very common craving. I could see them being common for someone who is dieting or changing their lifestyle, too. I don't know what it is about them... carbs or potassium maybe? Who knows.

But I could easily eat an entire bundle in one sitting in the early days of my recovery.
  • caminoslo
    caminoslo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Once i went toDisneyland this is what I had
    I'd get there and get some decaffeinated coffee latte and them for a snack I'd get a cream cheese pretzel and lots of dipping cheese. Then I'd get a mango and then for lunch I'd have macaroni and cheese and salad and corn bread and some mint jubilee and water. Id also have two scoops of ice cream with hot Fudge whipped cream cherry. Andithought it was ok cause I walked all day
    Also for breakfast I'd have a foot long subway and then
    After we left the park we had Chinese.
  • caminoslo
    Options
    Once i went toDisneyland this is what I had
    I'd get there and get some decaffeinated coffee latte and them for a snack I'd get a cream cheese pretzel and lots of dipping cheese. Then I'd get a mango and then for lunch I'd have macaroni and cheese and salad and corn bread and some mint jubilee and water. Id also have two scoops of ice cream with hot Fudge whipped cream cherry. Andithought it was ok cause I walked all day
    Also for breakfast I'd have a foot long subway and then
    After we left the park we had Chinese.
    Also San Francisco vacation my friend brought 10 packs of haribu gummy bears and we ate them all. For breakfast we'd eat continental breakfast of course I had to
    Try everything. And we'd eat pizza and bread and macaroni and ice cream and sugar drinks from coffee shops. And I remember on the way back we ate at KFC and I
    Got popcorn shrimp also dr pepper. I got back from that vacation and gained 3 lbs that was October of 2012
  • caminoslo
    Options
    This last vacation to Los Angeles I was better. We left stopped in Santa Barbara and I got a turkey thanksgiving style sandwich that was low carb bread and also drank tea. Then I got a terrible paleo pastry.
    Then we got to Hollywood and I had to eat ice cream so I got the Muir cherry ghredelli sundae. Then I got a
    Terrible stomache ache. I can't remember what we had for dinner. The next morning I couldn't eat breakfast cause of the ice cream from the day before. Then we went to universal studios and I had fruit snacks that were complimentary I also had a chicken sandwich without the bread with tons of mustard and the for dinner I had a hamburger from fudruckers.
    The next day we had subway then claim jumper I had a Jamaican jerk chicken on a sweet potato

Then the next day we got up and is had a decaf coffee from krisy kre them later had a Cesar wrap Them for dinner
    We
    Ate at
    TGIF and I got two chicken breast
    And mozzerella cheese basil salad. Also had a
    Mini fish tacos. Well etc etc by the time
    This
    Vacation was over my clothes were a little more tighter. But I since bounced back into place
  • lgivha2
    Options
    I experienced anorexia in college, and after undergoing treatment I began to struggle with binge eating, which was so scary for me. Once I ate an entire box of peanut butter girl scout cookies, then, after realizing what I had done, started crying and panicking and threw a second, unopened, perfectly good box into the garbage down the hall. I felt so awful.
  • rach3649
    Options
    2 and a half bottles of wine, an entire green curry and large coconut rice with about 4 serves of garlic roti. Then about two hours later (still drinking) an entire large meatlovers bbq pizza with two extra eggs on top. Then a little after that (like 90 minutes - still drinking) an entire bag of killer pythons and about three jack and cokes :neutral_face:
    - I will /never/ do that to my body again.
  • asbrassard91
    asbrassard91 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I spent an entire summer working out extensively and restricting calories so I could fit into a bridesmaid dress for my sister in law's wedding. During her bachelorette party, I drank a little lot too much and ended up eating two pans of brownies and half of a large pizza all by myself.

Not my proudest moment.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Probably the time I ate half a birthday cake in 24 hours. I would have eaten the other half too if it had still been there. My excuse? I wanted to eat it to get it out of the way so I wouldn't keep thinking about it. That's using your head, bbird... NOT.
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I've had a few binges. The ones I can recall vividly on separate occasions are: An entire bag of sour patch kids. Those are such a weakness for me. An entire canister of Lays Salt & Vinegar stacks...thank God they only sell them at Walmart in my area so I don't really have access unless I want to drive to the next town. Another favorite thing to do was get a box of triscuits and a block of Swiss cheese after work...I'd eat the entire box and the entire block. I work at a Country Club where there's always chocolate chip cookies in the kitchen. I'd take FIVE back to my desk and eat them all. I'm glad I'm putting these days slowly behind me. I don't want food to control my life anymore.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    It will might be today, I am going to attempt the McDonalds dinner pack myself...wish me luck!
  • icanplay3
    icanplay3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Breakfast would routinely be either a bacon, egg & cheese biscuit or bacon, egg & cheese mcgriddle from Mcdonald's, with a large coffee & 5 creams and 3 chocolate chip cookies. Lunch would be some sort of high calorie diner sandwich like a patty melt with lots of cheese and grilled onions, accompanied by a huge mound of French fries with ranch dressing on the side for dipping. Then I would get a scotcheroo bar to go for snacking on later in the afternoon. Dinner would often be a pizza delivery from Papa John's. I would order one large pepperoni and one large Hawaiian pizza and some garlic parmesan breadsticks. I would eat 2 slices of each pizza and about 2 of the breadsticks. Late in the evening I would be watching something on tv, a movie or whatever and mindlessly be eating a huge bowl of ice cream. Sometimes my boyfriend would make Ghirardelli brownies and we would make huge brownie sundaes with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and whipped cream. Or I would get into the Double Stuff oreos and eat a whole row of them with a glass of skim milk.

Just typing this out makes me want to vomit. No wonder I've been overweight for so long. I cannot even fathom eating like this anymore.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Reading these makes me feel better about not being alone; growing up especially I thought I was the only one that ate like this. I'd always be scared other people would notice how much I wanted to eat everything at a buffet table or when offered food at people's houses and how much I struggled not to out of politeness. It was constant anxiety. I'm glad those days are behind me.

Sweets were the worst. I could eat 20 chocolate chip cookies in one sitting. But I think the WORST binge had to be back when I ate an entire 1 lb bag of sour skittles in under an hour. That is 320 g sugar. I blacked out afterward, woke up on the floor and could barely move. I'm surprised I'm not diabetic by now. :s
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    13bbird13 wrote: »
    Probably the time I ate half a birthday cake in 24 hours. I would have eaten the other half too if it had still been there. My excuse? I wanted to eat it to get it out of the way so I wouldn't keep thinking about it. That's using your head, bbird... NOT.

I've used that excuse so many times. But it's true though... You really want to stop thinking about it.

I don't remember all of them but a couple from 2 years ago...a 20 pack of chicken nuggets from McDonald's 2 hours after lunch, half a baguette and a big chunk of cheese plus 3 pieces of pizza, a whole box of ice cream bars, a whole chocolate bar (you know, the big ones).

But really, I would regularly eat a baguette and a pound of cheese as a snack, no problem. I wish I could say I'm disgusted thinking about it, but nope, sometimes I miss it!

Oh and just 10 days ago I ate 14 butter cookies.