In need of simple lunch ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• pope66682
    pope66682 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Chicken, broccoli & brown rice with franks red hot sauce. Pretty simple, pretty healthy
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I usually make a second serving of whatever it is I'm eating for dinner the night before and take that with me. I can't stand sanwiches for lunch so this works out quite well.
    Usually it's chicken/beef with brown rice/quinoa and some kind of vegetable.
  • ZombieMom79
    ZombieMom79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday I food prep. I bake salmon and chicken breast portion. Steam brocolli and green beans. Make couscous and brown rice and then I make 5 lunches up in containers. The rest are for suppers along with salad greens I keep in the fridge. I boil 4-5 eggs and put in fridge. I portion out oatmeal and unsalted nuts as snacks. Roasted sweet potato, squash and zuchinni in big batches is also a good go to. And when all else fails I have a stock of Amy Organic soups in my desk.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    Today, as I had nothing in my fridge as well, I'm having mashed potatoes and a fried egg with sriracha. I throw anything edible into lunch.
  • drich1989
    drich1989 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I love cottage cheese for lunch. You can always precook chicken for the week and keep it stored in the fridge. Hard boiled eggs are great and I always keep an apple or banana around so I have something extra. Tuna is super easy. You can cut up a bunch of veggies and bring that. If you have a crockpot you can find a couple healthy recipes and make in bulk so you have enough for the week as well.
  • MegE_N
    MegE_N Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I do what I call my 'protein wrap' almost every day:

Low Calorie Wheat Wrap
    1 Tablespoon Crunchy Peanut Butter
    1 Tablespoon Nutella

It's very small but filling, low in calories and most importantly for me it is also low in sodium. I usually bring a little snack bag of pop chips and an apple or something to go with it.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I do my lunch preparation on the weekend when I'm off so I have no excuse during the week. Here are a few ideas and I try to keep all of them within 500 calories but where I still am very full. The first 3 freeze really well, too.
    1. Turkey chili with a half serving of whole grain pasta thrown in
    2. Bake a mess of chicken breasts, mix in with broccoli, red bell peppers (or your own veggie choice), Alfredo sauce, and whole grain pasta.
    3. Soup! My favorite is to mix chicken breasts with tomatoes, corn, and okra, on top of pasts or without.
    4. Tuna salad made with light mayo or avocado with celery and egg whites. Either on a whole grain bread or flatbread (Flatouts are great and not bad at all).
    5. Avocado salad with chopped up avocado, red bell pepper, diced cucumbers, tomatoes, pico de gallo (this is the clincher to really make it delicious), and lime juice as a "dressing."
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    CipherZero wrote: »
    My lunch today will be:
    • One can Goya black beans
    • One bag Purdue Short Cuts chicken
    • One bag Uncle Ben's 90-second rice

The longest part is rinsing the beans. Heat all until warm, add Sriracha as needed. Or wanted.

All told, 1010 Calories, 15g fat, 95g protein, 152g carbs, and 27g fiber.
    yumm I like this I will try for lunch one day! Thanks

• Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I made a BLT chicken salad for lunch today. It was delicious. I used bacon from breakfast and crumbled over romaine lettuce, sliced tomatoes and chicken that I had pre-cooked. I then served with a homemade creamy avocado dressing. Simple and delicious! 340 calories
    k7s035gah5nk.jpg
  • cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have been on a frozen fish filet kick. I buy them at Publix! Morey's Fish Creations. I usually buy the mango salsa mahi mahi. 150 calories for a 5 oz. filet - packed with protein, which is what you need! 23 grams of protein per filet to be exact! I usually pair it with fruit or a greek yogurt (also packed with protein!). You throw them in the microwave at work for 4:25 from frozen. Boom. Lunch. Good luck to you!
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I usually have a salad for lunch- today mine consisted of spinach, a small cucumber, cherry tomatoes, lowfat spicy ranch dressing, and imitation crab meat (I love that stuff).

I had roasted pumpkin and red potatoes on the side (leftovers from last night)

530 calories total.

In a pinch I have a frozen veggie patty with low calorie bread and laughing cow cheese, then vegetables and hummus on the side.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made lunch on the fly so I sliced up a zuchini a carrot and some mushrooms threw em in pan fried them with a bit of coconut oil and paired it with a can of sardines
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Piece of meat on 100 calorie roll. Simple enough for you?
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I worked as a registration clerk for a hospital on the phone. So it was just me and like 10 other employees calling people before their outpatient visits to register them before they came in to save time. So, desk job with 1/2 hr lunch.

I used to eat a lot of the same things because they were quick and convenient. I would buy that Minute Rice Ready to Serve (brown rice). I'd always have chicken breast and I'd cook that just with olive oil/salt/pepper (sometimes some garlic powder or something spicy). That would be good if you're a fussy eater and don't like many things but I'd always add 1 tablespoon each of pesto and olive tapenade. So good. And I'd usually have a cheese stick and a piece of fruit.

I'd also buy V8 soups in the box (they had a butternut squash one that was so good) and then either add my own chicken that I cooked or there was a brand (can't remember the name) that made cooked chicken that was already cut into strips that was in the refrigerated section. I'd add that to the soup.

Also I made my own lentil-veggie soup and would take that in, just make it on the weekend and freeze half and dole out the other half as you want it for lunch.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Just Bento

If you wanna make a hobby out of lunch, mind. I enjoy them, certainly!
  • mustloseweight2015
    mustloseweight2015 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I always keep pita pockets and hummus in the house. They have a great shelf life. I would often spear hummus in the pita pocket and then stuff it with left-over dinner or chopped salad with feta crumbles. Makes for quick, tasty, and filling lunch.