Not getting anywhere? Here might be the reason why...

Options

Replies

• iamanasangel
    Options
    which is EXTREMELY incorrect.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »
    So by this logic, vegetarians should all be fat?

well vegetarians eat carbs? idk if im following this guy at all but i THINK he is saying that restricting carbs makes weightloss impossible?

I thought he was saying that eating them makes it impossible. But honestly, it didn't make a whole lot of sense altogether, so who knows? :laugh:
  • ThatDoll
    ThatDoll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    LOL @ the responses dude :#
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    This again??

ss7xwiu.gif
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    This is why

yhzvm0zudxy0.gif

• iamanasangel
    Options
    HEY OP!
    what exactly are you saying? there seems to be alot of confusion. whats the thesis here?
  • OldSportOldsport
    OldSportOldsport Posts: 275 Member
    Options

hehe. Presentation is key, I guess. One of my fallacies. I am not one to tell you that this is how it is. Based on what I have looked at and observed in my own food selection, it is simply my theory. Presentation is not really my forte, I guess. This is why I get into trouble with the girlfriend some times!

I am not looking for a debate. I am simply looking to open a door for that person that may be struggling and have been at the same number on the scale for a month even though they give it 100% effort. Some people have really good genes, and can process food properly like no tomorrow. But others, like me, cannot. I am at the Overweight/Obese border, and I have been my whole life. Only recently have I been starting to educate myself. I don't mean to come across as condescending or controversial. I am just delving deeper into this question of how the body stores and uses energy. There will be multiple answers to this, so I expect differentiation.

As far as sources....I understand the importance, but underestimated the thread's need for citation. I don't have a formal list of sources for where I got my information, but most historical references are common knowledge....at least I thought so.

So your sample size is...one. You.

Also if you're not looking for a debate don't post on the internet about something you don't know anything about.

And I'm not going to be mean but if your reply to the request for citation is 'well I don't have any bar personal anecdote' then you really can't expect people to take you seriously.

What you're saying has a grain of truth - cutting back on carbs does allow a lot of people who struggle to lose weight, a different path to achieve success. This is not because carbs are bad or wrong but because eating fewer of them and eating more protein/fat often mean people feel less hungry...and eat fewer calories (the key bit of ANY weightloss regime). The body, given few carbs becomes more efficient at burning body fat. This does NOT mean that if you eat carbs you can't burn body fat. You're probably just not doing it as efficiently as someone in ketosis.
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I recognized the fallacies of my post here. I will ask them to lock it.

It is worth mentioning, though, that the post, as it states in the title, is for people that aren't getting anywhere. They go to this post forum for weight loss help. I am simply presenting an argument. Everything that gets posted doesn't have to have sources for every word that is spoken. If you lost weight, I am happy for you. But it is a bit unfair of you to throw a bunch of memes and insults at me for just having a take. Since it will be inundated with useless one liners and gifs, the point is defeated. Instead of doing that, help me by asking what I mean, instead of high-fiving the ones that protested my opinions and, by virtue, inferring that I am an idiot. Regardless of whether or not what I am saying is wrong, for you to insult me instead of having a conversation with me is quite superficial and juvenile.

And people wonder why I choose to look at rocks for a profession...
  • OldSportOldsport
    OldSportOldsport Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You didn't engage with a single one of my posts. I used no memes, I wasn't rude to you, I pointed out that you were wrong. You keep saying you just want to help people who aren't getting anywhere, but you're not helping them because you're wrong about what you're saying.
  • RockstarWilson
    edited October 2014
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    OP, question. Carbs, say you eat them and they either get use right away as energy or stored as fat, how do glycogen work?

Quoting myself^^^

sorry...couldn't see that through all the mudflinging.

Carbohydrates get used by the body for energy and that energy gets emitted as radiation. Extra carbohydrates get stored as glycogen for future use, or stored in the muscle and fat tissue as a reserve for when the glycogen gets depleted.

If you exercise, the body will use carbohydrates from what can easily be digested, then it will dip into the reserve glycogen, and then it will have to figure out another energy source. Once it gets to that point...you might experience fatigue as it runs out. that is why if you go though a heavy workout, you will need to replenish with gatorade or something to continue. That is what the wall is (the point of physical exhaustion when working out where you feel wirey or empty).

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    what.gif
  • april32many
    Options
    OP, is what you meant by factory farming fruits and vegetables is that fruits and veggies, and even meat, grown or raised by conventional methods (such as with high spray, insecticides, hormones and the like) can cause hormonal disruptions that stall weight loss? I believe you are absolutely correct in this.

Otherwise, I'll admit to being a little lost in the rest of the post.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    1sc6wautgg72.gif

love this

Me too!
  • Ruzuki
    Ruzuki Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone else has addressed the point of calories.
    The reason all these diseases are 'coming out of the woodworks' is because modern medicine is advancing and finding out these diseases exist. The diseases were already there, but now we have new ways of diagnosing them.
  • RockstarWilson
    Options
    Yeah.... if I don't proofread my stuff enough times, it comes out weird. On that topic, I believe there is a strong correlation between obesity, the amount of inherent and triggered diseases reported, and the change in process by which we obtain food. Some of this is unavoidable, as a population needs to be fed, and we all can't be hunter-gatherers. But my hypothesis is simply that the conventional wisdom that says we should eat between 50-70% carbohydrates for healthy weight loss and good overall health is wrong. The body only stores two things in mass quantities: fat and protein. It stores very little carbohydrates as sugar, in comparison. So if a person eats 50-70% carbohydrates and works at a desk job where they are typically close to their non-sleeping BMR, how can they possible use the amount of energy that the body wants to use? that energy has to go somewhere, and it cannot be destroyed. So if you cant use it, and the reserves are full, where else will it go? How do you explain being hungry by lunchtime even though you haven't used all that energy? Keep in mind, I am talking to the sedentary person, not the personal trainer. The personal trainer can most likely eat cake all day and not get fat (although, they might have a bevy of other issues haha).
This discussion has been closed.