Unbelievable - even to my Doctor!

Options
13»

Replies

• captmarko
    captmarko Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great Story....keep up the fantastic job.
  • gtm124
    gtm124 Posts: 179
    Options
    You saved your own life!! Awesome!

Exactly what I was going to say. Very proud of you.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    that is sooo great!! Good for you!
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING! My husband was diagnosed with diabetes several years ago stemming from gaining a tremendous amount of weight from medications he was on. He was very sick with DKA and spent a week in the hospital while they tried to get his numbers down. He was insulin dependent but turned it all around with diet. Sadly, he's gone back to his old eating habits and has put much of it back on.
  • faithgriggs
    Options
    that is amazing!!! especially in such a short time! way to go:smile:
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Fantastic turn around. Congratulations on your efforts, this site is a tool, YOU ARE the hero in this story.
  • LCantrell
    LCantrell Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Totally totally Awesome! Keep it up!
  • Soupskin
    Soupskin Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Fan-freaking-tastic!

I love hearing about medical miracles like yours. Good job and keep up the awesome work!
  • Rufev
    Rufev Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My A1C was in the 12's and now in the 7's and dropping like a stone.

My diet has become fat free, sugar free everything I can but I do not punish myself. It is amazing how much of a difference it makes if you prepare your own food and buy fresh. The amount of sugars, sodium, etc... in prepared food is huge. My target calories are 2210 but every day I am 600 or 700 under that value.

An example of not punishing myself is that my oldest daughter turned 19 last Saturday. I did have the piece of birthday cake with ice cream. Just meant I had to do a little more time on the treadmill.
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    There was a main feature article in New Scientist about exactly that last year. See if you can find it online. It was about patients with severe diabetes being cured by having surgery that meant they had to eat cleanly.

Well done. People like you are amazing.

Would like to just point out that it is Type 2 diabetes that can be reversed. Not type 1 which is autoimmune and not related to diet/obesity/etc.

To the OP, congrats on amazing progress!
  • ParkersMomma2010
    ParkersMomma2010 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration and it truly shows how much your body thanks you by making the necessary changes to a healthier lifestyle. I would have loved to see the shock on your doctor's face. Way to go!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! I am certain you've just given yourself many more years!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!