Should I be scared of the carbs and sugar in fruits?

Options

Replies

• ceren23
    ceren23 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Aww thank you all my dear MFP family <3
    I will choose what to afraid more carefully from now on :wink:
  • mrmeyertx
    mrmeyertx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No, they're good for you. I had a nutritionist tell me to try to balance them with some protein but that's easier said then done and upped my caloric intake way too much.

How do you balance protein with shiny vampores?
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    "Should I be scared of the carbs and sugar in fruits?"

Yes, best to just eat cabbage.....
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    only if they murdered your grandma
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Yes. Absolutely. The main sugar in fruit is fructose, which is the same sugar as high fructose cornsyrup. Fruit actualy contains MORE fructose than high fructose corn syrup. It has been well-documented that fructose causes: diabetes, metabolic syndrome, damage tot he immune system, imflammation, and a host of other problems.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    ceren23 wrote: »
    @dxc92 Thanks! :smiley:
    @rabbitjb what about serial killers and shiny vampires?

Clowns!! Seriously, clowns are evil!!! However, fear no fruit - except raisins because they are awful! Ugh............

• Alluminati
    Options
    sseqwnp wrote: »
    Yes. Absolutely. The main sugar in fruit is fructose, which is the same sugar as high fructose cornsyrup. Fruit actualy contains MORE fructose than high fructose corn syrup. It has been well-documented that fructose causes: diabetes, metabolic syndrome, damage tot he immune system, imflammation, and a host of other problems.
    no
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Did the zombies get you? **kitten* head innocently to one side*
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Just, no.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    what about zombie fruit?

zombie-brain-banana-sculpture-728x970.jpg

But no just log the fruit and fit it into your calorie goal.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    TX_Rhon wrote: »
    @dxc92 Thanks! :smiley:

Clowns!! Seriously, clowns are evil!!! However, fear no fruit - except raisins because they are awful! Ugh............

Not a fan of Stephen King's It I take it
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    what about zombie fruit?

*snigger*
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

This is my second attempt at MFP as I failed at logging for two months. Anyway my question is I see lots of carbs and sugars in the fruits that I eat in a day. I usually eat an apple, a pear and two tangerines in a day as snacks. Can they affect my weight loss? Should I decrease the number of fruits that I eat?

You should focus on actually logging your food for now, do that for 6 months then start looking into your macros.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    this makes me want to be a fruit for Halloween and terrify all the dieters out there.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    dxc92 wrote: »
    No, you're doing just fine. It's the carbs and sugar in chocolate that you should be scared of o:)

I hope you're kidding.

You shouldn't be afraid of any food unless you're so allergic is going to kill you.
  • Alluminati
    Options
    what about zombie fruit?

It's the Debil!
    PaqBrad2.gif
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options

Dr. LOLstig, I presume?

I'm just gonna leave this here:

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2010/01/29/the-bitter-truth-about-fructose-alarmism/
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Did the zombies get you? **kitten* head innocently to one side*

Obviously......zombie attack that affected thinking. Sad really.......just sad!!

• REDUX_o01
    Options

I must admit that I'm much more afraid of cereal killers than anything. That and clowns...
  • maryv83
    maryv83 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I would probably limit the fruit to 2 servings per day (as per the recommended amount) (3 servings of veggies per day), but eat the fruit. It has been proven to reduce risk for stroke, kidney stones, other cardiovascular diseases and type-2 diabetes. Also, the amount of Vitamin C and A that you'll get from the fruit will help prevent sickness. It's nature's candy!