New Insanity Thread

Options

Replies

• RevGillTC
    RevGillTC Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hope all goes well at the hospital, and congratulations in advance!
    The cold kept me off another day- just walking the dog was enough to make me wheeze (I'm slightly asthmatic) so decided discretion was the better part of valour. However I did Day 1 month 2 today. Oh-My-Good-Lord! I finished it with only short breaks, so I know a) I've come a long way and b) it is possible but still... :neutral_face:
    Keep pressing play all and see you tomorrow.
    Rev
  • amyenman1
    amyenman1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Louise3180 wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I have just started the insanity program in the last few days, although I am not following the nutrition guide, just the workouts. It is bloody hard work like! Was struggling just with the warm up :laugh:
    Anyway, hoping to see some good results over the next few weeks to keep me motivated :smile:

• amyenman1
    amyenman1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi is amy enman
  • amelierobles
    amelierobles Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bpzbouy0qyl0.jpg
    took the bottom pic back in february and my after pic was in may 2013 not there quiet yet do to struggling with my eating habits. but still trying to reach my goal currently im taking a break from insanity and focusing on weights and cardio :) gonna get back to insanity when insanity max 30 comes out in december :)
  • amelierobles
    Options
    i meant my before pic was back in may 2013
  • amelierobles
    Options
  • pauldoxsee
    pauldoxsee Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Completed insanity core cardio and balance. New grandson born last night. Everyone is doing well!

8753dce7783e193bd5c2d02b74636667.jpg

ec453500c751d1a79f1de264bb113b8c.jpg
  • RevGillTC
    Options
    What a cutie! Glad to hear all is well.
    Max Interval Pylo done - but can't do the side or plank push ups yet :\ I'm hoping that'll improve...
  • Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Its the power push-ups kill me... I just can't move fast enough to get many done at the moment. I'm determined to try as hard as I can with them though, it would just be to easy to through my hands in the air and say 'can't do these' and be half-hearted about them.

On the plus side I've noticed that this week (Month 2 week 3, almost there!) I can push much harder through the whole session on all the DVDs! Visual changes seem to be accelerating too; got definition beginning to show, so for anyone struggling - keep at it, the changes will come!
  • pauldoxsee
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Thanks RevGil! I got better at the side/power/plyo push-ups in p90x2. Here are some of the fun push-ups you get to do in X2!

69e477227bbc82ec7d767c5126078d4b.jpg
    c72f55e3141bf8e08a735ab6c88cfd78.jpg

• 108victorian
    108victorian Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    paul is a beast! how does one have hops while doing a push up (I mean, that's more vertical height than most people get jumping on their feet)? amazing.

Nonetheless, I hate the side push ups. They make my glenohumeral joint (the shoulder joint that is most engaged during the exercise) feel like it's gonna explode no matter how much I keep everything in proper form.

I still haven't gotten around to rigging a pull up bar in my home gym for p90x, so I've been pushing play with Insanity month 2, again. Is is weird that I missed it only a week after completing round 1?
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Actually the ball push-ups are harder than the flying plyo push-ups because of the balance element involved. With the plyo push-ups at the advanced level you actually rotated in a circle in addition to leaping into the air. I could get more than a 90 degree rotation with my circle leaps, but one guy in the DVD was able to do 180s! Oh, yes it's weird to miss insanity. You desperately need a pullup bar!
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Insanity max interval plyo done.

19c0f69961596be8ff764acb9f843742.jpg
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Insanity max cardio conditioning and cardio abs done!

853b68942de95e32733599cbbdc399ff.jpg
  • annanaidoo
    annanaidoo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Today was day 17 for me! this is the second time I'm trying it out...the first time around i never got to finish and gave up sometime in the second month...all those MAX interval workouts!
    So I'm hoping it'll be better this time because I'm a lot more determined! I'm mixing it up with weights in the morning, yoga on my rest days and a squat challenge on top...but it's taking a toll on the knees so I might have to re-assess the squats!
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    Completed insanity. I went up 277 total test reps from my first test and left Tanya in the dust!

ffce586291dad78acbc568e90aa730d7.jpg
  • pauldoxsee
    Options
    annanaidoo wrote: »
    Today was day 17 for me! this is the second time I'm trying it out...the first time around i never got to finish and gave up sometime in the second month...all those MAX interval workouts!
    So I'm hoping it'll be better this time because I'm a lot more determined! I'm mixing it up with weights in the morning, yoga on my rest days and a squat challenge on top...but it's taking a toll on the knees so I might have to re-assess the squats!

You really don't need all that squat and weight stuff as insanity is a great total calorie burner and total body conditioner. My fear is that all that extra stuff just increases fatigue and injury risk, not to mention simple frustration with the lifestyle impact. I did body beast before insanity and lost none of my body beast muscle gain during insanity and actually increased total lean mass and thigh measurements a bit. I'd recommend putting the extra energy into diet management and simple dog or spouse walks. By all means keep the yoga! Body Beast would be a great post insanity program for you if muscle toning is also an objective for you.

• RevGillTC
    Options
    pauldoxsee wrote: »
    With the plyo push-ups at the advanced level you actually rotated in a circle in addition to leaping into the air. I could get more than a 90 degree rotation with my circle leaps, but one guy in the DVD was able to do 180s! Oh, yes it's weird to miss insanity.

Ok, that's just mental! And I love the fact that you are back into Insanity Victorian! Bizarrely, I'm beginning to like the absolute exhaustion you get at the end of the Max intervals. That final, pre stretch, moment when you are just a puddle on the floor is so peaceful Lol! Maybe because you know Shaun isn't going to tell you to 'Dig Deeper' anymore!

Either way, I'm 1 session away from the end of week 1 Month 2. I'm disappointed that I've not lost any more weight, and my measurements seem to be going back the other way, so either last times measurements were screwy (possible) or (TMI alert) it's my TOTM which is messing with my measurements (probable) or indeed I'm eating too much. But I am measuring and tracking everything, and MFP does keep saying "If every day were like today you'll weigh [loss of 1lb+ per week] in 5 weeks...

Ah well, I'm in it for the long haul. This is a life change not a 'diet' after all... :#

Ta ta for now... Off to Church to set up TGIF for the commuters... Anyone for a coffee?! ;)

• pauldoxsee
    Options
    Rev, I love MFP but their calorie calculators and weight loss projections never worked really well for me. Even with that calculator link I posted 6 weeks ago or so, I wasn't getting much in the way body fat results from my insanity experience. However, you may recall that I suggested making periodic 200 calorie adjustments, while keeping your protein at the right level, until you start getting the results you want. I ended up making two of these 200 calorie drops during the insanity program and all of a sudden body fat started dropping. I've lost 1.5% of body fat since the second week of month2. You need to stay actively engaged with your calories and macros to get the most out of your fitness efforts. I wish I had made cuts sooner than I did, but I didn't want to over shoot and start hurting my lean mass.
  • Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Now officially into the last week of the program... Day 63 on Sunday! I'm looking forward to completing it, but I'm pretty sure I'll miss it too. Already calculating what date I need to start round 2 so that Christmas day is the rest day before recovery week (think Friday Nov 28th...)