Weightloss and Dating?

Options
13»

Replies

• sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have a question for those that have lost weight and are single... have you found dating to have gotten easier after you loss weight? Like, do more people find you attractive than before?

Im currently in the dating game and iv found that its given me the confidence to date. The guys iv dated have all said wonderful things and say i look amazing which is a great boost, but many of them say they love my curves so i hope i dont lose that with my dieting ;) And as im on a dating site, they often comment that i look smaller in person than my pics and that my pics dont do me justice. So, for me, its a lovely boost to my confidence. So in that respect its got easier :)
  • cheyan3009
    cheyan3009 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I notice more attention than I did before but it hasnt translated into any dates. The other thing I've noticed is that different types of men seem to be interested in me than before.

23441583.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My wife would be really mad if I started dating, but I have definitely noticed a lot more positive attention from the ladies. Even my wife's co-workers are making comments (I think it's boosting her ego as well as mine). As others have mentioned, a big part of that is the way you carry yourself when you have self confidence.

One thing that some of you ladies that are not having as much luck should consider - many men are intimidated by confident beautiful women. Not only are they hard to approach due to fear of rejection, most probably assume a woman that hot is already taken.
  • mattstrand
    Options
    I have gotten more attention but I it's usually girls already dating a guy. Have been hit on by a couple of guys to which is ackward to tell them I'm straight and no ty. So yeah I don't know of they are just being nice now that I'm smaller or what. I don't see myself much different. I just tell them they are full of crap when they say I look good
  • wendytc
    wendytc Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    My wife would be really mad if I started dating, but I have definitely noticed a lot more positive attention from the ladies. Even my wife's co-workers are making comments (I think it's boosting her ego as well as mine). As others have mentioned, a big part of that is the way you carry yourself when you have self confidence.

One thing that some of you ladies that are not having as much luck should consider - many men are intimidated by confident beautiful women. Not only are they hard to approach due to fear of rejection, most probably assume a woman that hot is already taken.

Good point!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I spent most of my life as a recipient of unwanted attention. I loved that when I gained weight men stopped cat calling and propositioning me. Now I went shopping yesterday and got hit on 4 times, still 233 lbs!!! WTF?!?!?
  • When I was 125, I couldn't walk down the street without some guy trying to get my attention, trying to chat me up, making some sort of comment or even following me! At 200 pounds, nothing at all. You become invisible. They're not rude---you simply don't exist as a romantic interest anymore. Now that I've dropped a few, I'm seeing an uptick in the attention but not nearly at the level as when I was under 130.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Awkward30 wrote: »
    It's weird. I definitely get more attention from men... but it hasn't really translated to them asking me out. I suppose maybe I'm bad at flirting or hinting that I'm interested.

Haha, you have to beat them over the head; they aren't that swift! I suck at flirting too but my friend told me that if you smile a lot it makes you very approachable. And I think eye contact works. It might be that you look "too" good now and they are intimidated. LOL. Good luck.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I don't think people find me more physically attractive now i've lost weight, i think because i'm more confident in myself more people may find my personality/persona more attractive and approachable.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    jazzalea wrote: »
    definitely lots of interest.... but I don't know how to get to the other side..... when it comes to dating.... I still feel 320 on the inside :tongue:

I read you profile and it's very deep and inspirational. Very few people could do what you did. You are really strong and deserve the best of everything and the best from others. You are not still 320 and even if you were it doesn't mean you aren't a great person. You shot for the stars to achieve your weightloss. Shoot for the stars to make sure your confidence and self worth are there.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    i get the same attention i always did...i never did get a lot of attention with the ladies, but i am fine with that. i think women are drawn more so to charm and humour above anything else. i think i always left a good impression.

besides, my wife would give me a swift kick in the sack if i started dating.
  • Uhfgood
    Uhfgood Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've never dated (social anxiety). When I had lost all my weight back in 2010-2011 I might have noticed a few more looking at me, but not really that much attention. Of course women are less visual, which means they tend to look at other things rather than your looks (like confidence, or a sense of humor, both of which I lack). I have to say though ladies, most men are not looking at you for your self-confidence. You may think so since that's partly what you look for, but take it from a guy who likes looking at beautiful women, If I'm interested in you, I'm probably staring at your figure :-P (Not to say we're all shallow, it's just the first thing that attracts us.) And for you guys who disagree I only say "most" not "all" - YMMV.
  • bootcamp85
    bootcamp85 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I've definitely noticed that I'm getting more attention. None of it has lead to anybody asking me out yet. But, honestly, I think it's because I'm more confident about myself and the energy that I'm projecting out. Before I was pretty miserable with myself so that's how people probably perceived me.

People want to be around happy people! Not the cranky *****y kind. Once your mindset about yourself changes so will the opposite sex :)

When a person is confident about themselves, that definitely says alot and it shows....
    Confidence is sexy/ attractive big or small
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!