Progress Pictures :) 28/ F/ 218-193=25 lbs Lost

Options
Today, I took my measurements for the second time after starting Camp Gladiator (see my profile for the description) and decided to take some “progress pictures”. I was kind of waiting to lose 3 more pounds before taking pictures, because for whatever reason 190lbs sounded better than 193lbs? But my clothes are fitting a little nicer and I’m off today, so why not?

I’m down 5 inches in various places. But up slightly in my arms. I’m not sure if that’s because they’re getting bigger, I measured wrong or accidently flexed. Ha.

And I’m soooo GLAD I took the pictures today!!! :)

Even though the scale obviously told me I lost a bit of weight and I’ve been feeling much, much better mentally and physically… that negative voice in my head has been telling me the changes in my eating and going to personal training twice a week and Camp Gladiator twice a week aren’t *really* doing all that much. Stupid voice.

Now I can actually SEE a difference in the pictures and it’s such a huge motivation to keep going and to push myself even harder. This is the first time since high school athletics (10 years ago) that I’ve stuck with working out for longer than a week. It’s the first time since then that I really feel proud of myself. I finally have the determination to reach my goals and the courage to keep trying even when I slip up. I want to feel good, feel good about myself… and maybe even see 145ish on the scale again.

Eating wise, I’m working on staying away from horrible fast foods, over processed junk and lots of sugar. Just trying to kick all the bad habits I developed over the years. I don’t have it down to a science or anything, but I’m trying to eat more fruits, veggies, whole wheat, just real foods, and tracking it all. Drink half my weight in ounces of water per day and to stay away from Diet Coke. Diet Coke seems to be my weakness. That and cheese… and chocolate. lol

After work Monday’s and Wednesday’s I do 60 minutes of personal training with a co-worker, mostly weights and core exercises. Then Tuesday’s and Thursday’s my husband and I do 60 minutes of Camp Gladiator - cardio and full body work out and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. I committed to 6 months and I can’t wait to see what I’m capable of at the end of the 6 months.

My knees do not love it, but I’m hoping once more of the weight comes off, they will feel a little better. Does anyone have any advice for me about how to protect my knees or keep them from being sore during/ after a vigorous work out?

I’ve only shared these pictures with my best friend and sister… but I thought I would share them here too. It’s not very easy for me to do, but I’m working on stepping out of my comfort zone as well.

If anyone has read this far, I thank you. :)

I think most my Facebook friends are tired of hearing about this kind of thing… so I’d love to make more friends on MyFitnessPal to keep me motivated and on the right track.

3ut5ffam529p.jpg

vmltwe49di0u.jpg

Replies

• HeyHeyJLynn
    HeyHeyJLynn Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I meant to add this for face comparison... I'm not entirely sure I see as much of a different there yet.

btl8i2g5vips.jpg
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Very noticeable! Way to go. Your belly button is in a different place now!
  • HeyHeyJLynn
    Options
    sodakat wrote: »
    Very noticeable! Way to go. Your belly button is in a different place now!

:) Thank you! Haha, well, I guess it is.

• perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
  • mushie99
    mushie99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    great job
  • HeyHeyJLynn
    Options
    Thank you, thank you!
  • Legend1945
    Legend1945 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    wicked progress! looking amazing!
  • bethanderson72
    bethanderson72 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nicely done.... You look great. I'm on a significant weight loss journey myself. I have a long way to go, but with the continual encouragement I find out here I'm confident that I'll get there. It's interesting how you have to get in the right frame of mind to make the leap.... it took me a long time and a nearly 70 pound weight gain before I woke up. After just 15 pounds, I feel SO much better. I'm confirming that weight at my doctor before I update my profile :smile: My appointment is Monday. Slow and steady wins the race and you're doing fantastic. Keep it up!
  • HeyHeyJLynn
    Options
    Legend1945 wrote: »
    wicked progress! looking amazing!

:) Thank you!

• HeyHeyJLynn
    Options
    :) Thank you very much! That's exactly how it was for me, I had to get in the perfect frame of mind. And it is still amazing to me just how much better I feel even though I'm really just getting started - depression is lessening, same with anxiety and I have energy I have been searching for, for years... Congratulations on YOUR weight loss! Thank you again for the encouragement. <3
  • HeyHeyJLynn
    Options
    ^ @bethcassels

Dang it. Still learning how to do this forum thing. lol
  • pirate_john_75
    pirate_john_75 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    **applauds**
  • HeyHeyJLynn
    Options
    **applauds**

Hehe, thank you!

• suzeexoxo
    suzeexoxo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I can really tell your progress. :D
  • HeyHeyJLynn
    Options
    suzeexoxo wrote: »

Thank you!

I'm glad my mind wasn't playing tricks on me, again. :)

• suzeexoxo
    Options
    JLMont31 wrote: »
    suzeexoxo wrote: »

Thank you!

I'm glad my mind wasn't playing tricks on me, again. :)

It's good how your taking pictures through the process. I have not done that :neutral_face:
  • HeyHeyJLynn
    edited October 2014
    Options
    It's never too late to start. Take some today!

• suzeexoxo
    Options
    JLMont31 wrote: »
    It's never too late to start. Take some today!

Yes I should huh! Haha thanks :wink:
  • HeyHeyJLynn
    Options
    ;)

Even if you don't have pictures in the style I posted... you might have just a regular picture you could use for comparison, when you were at a heavier weight? But yeah, take some pictures today and track your progress from here forward. And wall-la! :)
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Wow good job girl! Very noticeable difference. Keep up the good work.