What do you eat with chili?

Options
13»

Replies

• ksolksol
    ksolksol Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti. It's a Cincinnati thing. Topped with finely chopped onion -- preferably white onion -- and cheddar cheese. I usually use plain yogurt instead of sour cream if I want a dollop of something. Of course, I use full-fat yogurt so it's less of a stretch, but I've done nonfat Greek yogurt before.

All toppings optional. In Cincy they refer to 2-way, 3-way, 4-way depending on how many additions you want. So yes, you can go to the local chili joint for a 3-way.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    ohh now i need to make my turkey Chili! I always put cheese and tortilla chips. sometimes some saltines..
  • itsmesheri
    Options
    I LOVE chili over iceburg lettuce!
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me want chili. Mmmmmm.
  • benesound
    benesound Posts: 14 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Chili always makes me thirsty,... for more chili. :)

74000448.png
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Sometime's I'll eat it all by itself. Other times I'll add some shredded cheddar cheese on top and if I'm really ambitious, I'll make homemade corn bread to go with it. Around Wisconsin I've noticed a lot of people serve it over noodles, which I find strange, but apparently they like it!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Depends on my mood. Sometimes a grilled cheese sandwich that I can dunk into the chili. Other times I go with a dollop of Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream) shredded cheese or Laughing cow cheese wedge that I crumble to mix into my chili, and half a serving of tortilla chips because I love having some crunch to my chili.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have a bowl of chili and a bowl of salad.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Just had chilli for dinner...had it with cheese on top, rice, mixed salad and bread
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I'm picky, so I'll only eat Cincinnati-style with spaghetti and lots of cheddar
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I serve mine with a salad and I use goldfish crackers instead of regular ones :)
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I like chili with some shredded cheese & dollop of sour cream, and if it's not oniony enough for me, I will put chopped raw onion on top as well.

I used to include crackers or corn chips with that (mixed into the chili) but I don't really miss those now.

This.

• Ainesilver
    Ainesilver Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Ritz crackers
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    We either make Frito Chili Pie, pour it over hot dogs, or serve it with cornbread (sometimes with butter and honey on them). I can't eat any of those things anymore, so I either eat it by itself, or with a side of raw veggies.