Ugh, does anyone do this? (gross)

Options
Okay, so I just chewed up and spat out an entire Easter Egg. I guess I figured it was way fewer calories (no idea how many!) and I still got the taste of it. I used to do this a lot but haven't for ages.

Anyone else ever done this? I want to know how weird and disgusting I am. Obviously I didn't do it in public!

Replies

• 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I've tried it once, but just ended up wanting more. :blushing: I know people who swear by it, though. :smile:
  • ashleymcquown
    Options
    yup, i've done it. mostly with sweets.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    never done that...do you actually consume any calories? I'd assume you do if it's in your mouth but...how many? I would have just ate it lol...1 egg isn't gonna kill you. Plus, eggs are good for you (boiled?)
  • Anna19911
    Anna19911 Posts: 141
    Options
    I've never done this but I don't think thats a very good habit to get into..
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    i took a bite of my sons mac and cheese the other day and chewed it, then spit it out. It wasn't cause i was trying to get the taste though. It was just from habbit of picking while I am cooking. I realized what I was doing and knowing that I didn't want those calories even from one bite... I spit it out.
  • ashleymcquown
    Options
    doesn't really work for me unfortunately....mostly feels like torture : (
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    haha, I have. I called it being a pre-bulimic or something like that and my friend cracked up at me. Not that I throw up, but I was just poking fun at myself. lol Usually it's because I impulse eat and then think "wow, I should not have eaten that"
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    The only time ive done it is when I didnt like the taste of something.
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    i took a bite of my sons mac and cheese the other day and chewed it, then spit it out. It wasn't cause i was trying to get the taste though. It was just from habbit of picking while I am cooking. I realized what I was doing and knowing that I didn't want those calories even from one bite... I spit it out.

exactly!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Usually I can get my "fix" just by smelling it. It's really weird, but when I'm at a party, I ask my friend if I can smell her piece of cake and I'm good, lol.
  • elid
    elid Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    "Chewing and spitting" is actually a form of bulimia. Doing it once or twice won't make you bulimic, but bulimic behaviors are addictive.

Chewing and spitting is bad on your teeth, and your stomach produces acid when you chew. If no food is going into your stomach, all that acid can be detrimental.

Please be careful and learn to enjoy food within your calorie limit.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I just chewed up and spat out an entire Easter Egg. I guess I figured it was way fewer calories (no idea how many!) and I still got the taste of it. I used to do this a lot but haven't for ages.

Anyone else ever done this? I want to know how weird and disgusting I am. Obviously I didn't do it in public!

No.

But if you find yourself doing this often, please speak to a doctor. It's a sign of disordered eating.
  • pittielover23
    Options
    I can see the apeal, but be careful. That does not seem like a very healthy relationship to have with food, and I know that a lot of us here are trying to create a more healthy view of it.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    That sounds like some distorted version of bulemia to me. If I don't have the calories available, it doesn't cross my lips..not even to "taste"
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's better to just swallow...
  • alisa422
    alisa422 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I TOTALLY do that!!!! My friends always roll their eyes and tell me how gross I am! I work in a kitchen, where I am often tempted by sweet treats, so when I am....I chew it up and spit it out!!! So glad to see that someone else does this too!!!! Gives me just enough of taste, and way less calories than the actual consumption.
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's better to just swallow...

can always count on you lol :P
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Usually I can get my "fix" just by smelling it. It's really weird, but when I'm at a party, I ask my friend if I can smell her piece of cake and I'm good, lol.

I completely know what you are talking about. Wednesday there was a whole tray of chocolate cake, I was sitting right next to it and I felt like I just ate an entire plate by inhaling it throughout the meeting!
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I done it.. like to a slice of pizza.. and then actually eaten another slice after
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I do that too, lol