Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fat burning supplements.. are they worth it???

13»

Replies

• tayleigh4 wrote: »
    I tried Hydroxycut, it didn't work, please don't waste your money. The only diet pill that truly worked for me was OxyElite Pro. And they don't sell it anymore, you can't find it ANYWHERE (my dad found it on EBay, but I looked everywhere for it and couldn't find it.) They used to sell it at GNC, those pills worked wonders. I didn't have an appetite on it & I had so much energy, wish they still had it. I wouldn't waste your money, there aren't many fat burning supplements out there that really work.

Yeahhh, I know now.
  • missrudolf wrote: »
    I'm looking into both Garcinia Camboga & Hydroxycut. If you've ever been on either products for at least a month, please let me know what it did for you! I wanna know your energy levels & weight loss COMPARED to how you were doing before taking it... thanks! PS I wanted them for energy.

Definitely not worth the money, no. I tried both garcinia and stacker, for an edge, noticed no substantial gain in the loss of fat. Just eating right, and stepping up the fitness will do the job, and save some money.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Buy jelly beans!
  • Yall can stop commenting. I get it now.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    missrudolf wrote: »
    Yall can stop commenting. I get it now.

Cool, so we can go to your other thread about garcinia cambogia and comment there, right?
  • Yeah sure
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Yall can stop commenting. I get it now.

Some people only read the original post and respond. They figure they're helping you per your request
  • They are not helping. They are harassing me.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    They are not helping. They are harassing me.

Turn off computer. Walk away. Problem solved.
  • I used a weight loss supplement years ago that worked pretty well for weight loss. Of course when riding my bike my heart rate would climb and then not go back down and I began to have paranoid thoughts (my husband was trying to give me a heart attack so he could marry someone else, etc...). Tossed the pills. They were taken off the market soon after as was anything with ephedrine.

I keep a bottle of "diet" pills at work but only for a quick caffeine fix when I don't have tea handy, they don't work for weight loss.
  • whitehorse67
    whitehorse67 Posts: 101 Member
    Thank you all. I was looking into them because I have problems with being fatigued all the time. Caffeine just makes me more tired. I think my solution is to force myself to get up & move. Eventually my body will get used to being active... hopefully.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but you say you are having problems with being fatigued? Well, I had that problem a couple years ago and found out I had a Vitamin D deficiency. I buy over the counter Vitamin D and have not had an issue since....

Try some Vitamin D...that could help....However, keep in mind that Thyroid issues can cause fatigue!.....You might want to tell your Doctor about the fatigue.....get to the root of the issue.

I don;t mess with those fat burning supplements.....waste of money in my opinion...

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    I'm looking into both Garcinia Camboga & Hydroxycut. If you've ever been on either products for at least a month, please let me know what it did for you! I wanna know your energy levels & weight loss COMPARED to how you were doing before taking it... thanks! PS I wanted them for energy.
    In answer to you topic question....

Gosh no, supplements don't help you lose weight. Weight loss works by eating at a calorie deficit. If you want energy, eat enough food to fuel your body. If you want to lose weight, eat less.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Wow, no one here is harassing you. They are responding to your question.

Also IBS does not clear in 12 hours. I typically takes a day or so to really tell if a food is triggering or not depending on how fast your body digests. There is no way that the suggestions before to made you magically cease having symptoms, especially if you had symptoms when you started the thread.
  • pknjhh
    pknjhh Posts: 117 Member
    Only pills that really work are illegal or dangerous. Dnp is by far the strongest fat burner you can use by a side effect if you take too much is your body can't regulate it's temperature. Then your insides cook and you die. Know guys who use it for long periods of time. It really works but with a side effect of death.....even I won't touch that stuff. Oddly it's legal to buy not for that purpose obviously. Only a couple other true fat burning options with pills. Much safer but they don't work without diet and exercise. Not sure how this forum is about mentioning this kind of stuff so I will not elaborate on those. The simple answer is there is no magic pill that really works except one with a possibility of death if used improperly. Stick to eating healthy with proper exercise incorporated with it.
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 517 Member
    So you want to take weight loss pills on top of starving yourself from IBS? That seems legit.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/30094570#Comment_30094570

THIS. Thank you!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    They are not helping. They are harassing me.
    No they are not.

People are responding to your original post. You always have the choice of whether to come back or not. ;)