Why in the world are Cheez-Its so tasty?

Seriously, world, why?

I have such a hard time not devouring everyone that I see. It's also why I purchase smaller bags/boxes of Cheez-Its. Why? Because my serving size is usually the size of the container. o:)

Anyone else suffer from this insufferable desire?

Replies

• megstoo
    megstoo Posts: 47 Member
    nope not me. They taste like cardboard to me, can't stand those or the goldfish crackers.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    I like real cheese. Cheese flavored crackers - not so much.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Oddly enough the fat free ones are the most tasty!
  • vamaena
    vamaena Posts: 217 Member
    I'm not a bit fan of Cheez-its but I love those little goldfish crackers. I really don't know why. It's pretty much just salted empty calories but I can never seem to get enough of them. :) Once I'm done the bag I have at home I vow to myself to try to never buy them again.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Cheez-Its are incredible. So incredible I can't buy them. They used to have a big bowl of them in our break room at work but thankfully they don't do that anymore... I heard that people were eating so many of them that they couldn't afford it!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    I love them, especially the "Big" ones. I buy them for my son, but usually end up eating most of them myself... *shame* Just work them into your goals and have them, though!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Cheese Nips > Cheez-its
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Salt, fat, texture...no-brainer. Control your portions and enjoy.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Cheese+salt+crunch. Not hard to see why delicious.
  • Pirate_chick
    Pirate_chick Posts: 1,216 Member
    LOVE THEM! I buy in bulk, portion them out in ziplock baggies.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Seriously, world, why?

I have such a hard time not devouring everyone that I see. It's also why I purchase smaller bags/boxes of Cheez-Its. Why? Because my serving size is usually the size of the container. o:)

Have you tried the Cheez-Is Grooves? Now, those are delicious.

• jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    It's all about those few grains of salt on top. They'd be orange cardboard without it!
  • jennadelane
    jennadelane Posts: 121 Member
    My world was recently changed forever when I went to a restaurant that combined two of my favorite things: mac n'cheese and cheezits. Yep, they used crumbled cheezits as a topping on the mac. Mind blown.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I have more of a sweet tooth so those fit the 'not worth the calories' category for me.
  • cheezits are my Achilles heel... getting weak just thinking about em
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    I love them. Too much. They are also very good when dipped into low fat plain yogurt.
  • MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    My serving size of cheez- its is a whole box and everyone knows it lol. My brothers friend to this day breaks my chops bc he left a box of cheez its at my house and I ate the whole box lmfao. That was a long time ago but he still is like your the only person besides myself that I know could house a box of cheez its on their own lmfao. I'm a little ashamed... and a little wanting to go buy some now! haha no way though. I could never portion those things
    -
  • misswhitney1
    misswhitney1 Posts: 72 Member
    Seriously, world, why?

I have a wicked addiction to these. I, too, cannot eat fewer than the total number inside the container. Thank goodness for the little gas station bags!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,787 Member
    I'm fine with regular Cheez-Its, but I can't even catch a glimpse of the white cheddar ones without transforming into Pac-Man.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Guess this was meant as a halfway rhetorical question; anyway, just google "hyperpalatable foods" and you'll find out.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    crack cocaine.
  • LauraPa1mer
    LauraPa1mer Posts: 65 Member
    My world was recently changed forever when I went to a restaurant that combined two of my favorite things: mac n'cheese and cheezits. Yep, they used crumbled cheezits as a topping on the mac. Mind blown.

Oh my god, that is amazing.
  • vlland
    vlland Posts: 55 Member
    I agree - think they secretly add crack or some other addictive element into the recipe. I can not portion control these ridiculously yummy squares. They are evil and need to be avoided at all costs.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member

I've never even heard of that but I already feel like any mac n'cheese without cheez-its is now a complete failure.

• kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    My whole family loves them. I don't get it. Blech! Goldfish are slightly less gross, but still not good. Of course, I really don't like most salty snacks that much anyway. Pretzels being the major exception.

My daughter loves the alphabet Cheezits and likes to try to spell stuff with them.
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Colby Cheez-Its are God's own truth.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    I used to keep a box of them in my car to munch on during the long commute to/from work. Talk about mindless eating. I had to stop that habit! As always, portioning is key.
  • Gingergal12
    Gingergal12 Posts: 64 Member
    Cheez-it addict here...an open box is an empty box.
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Cheez-Its are AMAZING. But what I want to know is what on earth happened to Twigs?! I think they were a Nabisco product but they've been gone for ages. I loved those things.
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Cheezits are the bane of my existence...in the sense they become glued to the bottom of my shopping cart and can only be removed by the cashier and placed into a bag that goes home with me.

And I actually prefer off-brand cheezits to the real thing. Weird!