Why in the world are Cheez-Its so tasty?

Options
2»

Replies

• fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    crack cocaine.
  • LauraPa1mer
    LauraPa1mer Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My world was recently changed forever when I went to a restaurant that combined two of my favorite things: mac n'cheese and cheezits. Yep, they used crumbled cheezits as a topping on the mac. Mind blown.

Oh my god, that is amazing.
  • vlland
    vlland Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree - think they secretly add crack or some other addictive element into the recipe. I can not portion control these ridiculously yummy squares. They are evil and need to be avoided at all costs.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    My world was recently changed forever when I went to a restaurant that combined two of my favorite things: mac n'cheese and cheezits. Yep, they used crumbled cheezits as a topping on the mac. Mind blown.

I've never even heard of that but I already feel like any mac n'cheese without cheez-its is now a complete failure.

• kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    My whole family loves them. I don't get it. Blech! Goldfish are slightly less gross, but still not good. Of course, I really don't like most salty snacks that much anyway. Pretzels being the major exception.

My daughter loves the alphabet Cheezits and likes to try to spell stuff with them.
  • Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Colby Cheez-Its are God's own truth.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I used to keep a box of them in my car to munch on during the long commute to/from work. Talk about mindless eating. I had to stop that habit! As always, portioning is key.
  • Gingergal12
    Gingergal12 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Cheez-it addict here...an open box is an empty box.
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Cheez-Its are AMAZING. But what I want to know is what on earth happened to Twigs?! I think they were a Nabisco product but they've been gone for ages. I loved those things.
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Cheezits are the bane of my existence...in the sense they become glued to the bottom of my shopping cart and can only be removed by the cashier and placed into a bag that goes home with me.

And I actually prefer off-brand cheezits to the real thing. Weird!
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    megstoo wrote: »
    nope not me. They taste like cardboard to me, can't stand those or the goldfish crackers.

Yeah... make that salty burnt cardboard. If you want salt, find a salt lick.

(seriously, even as a 4 year old I never understood the appeal of cheez-its or goldfish)
  • mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I use to love them, now that I eat low sodium because if BP I can't....they just taste way to salty, ( along with chips and pretzels) they all now just taste like salt on cardboard.......
  • boomhower1820
    boomhower1820 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, I can't buy them. The box will be gone in two days max. I have a hopeless addiction to them and have for years.
  • jal92475
    jal92475 Posts: 53 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm a cheese curl addict! Seriously could eat a whole bag of that puffy cheesy goodness! Oh and if I find a big part of that cheese at the bottom of the bag, heaven!
  • HopeKasrai
    HopeKasrai Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    They are probably the most addictive salty snacks for me. I just can't buy them anymore. I tried portioning them out into baggies many times, but just ate multiple bags of them anyways. If they are at a party though, I can't help but indulge! Hopefully one day I can have enough self control to buy them again! They're just TOO GOOD!
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Some fiend put out big bowls of cheese-flavored popcorn at lunch yesterday... the evil first-cousin to Cheez-Its. Yes, I had some... but not nearly as much as I would have had six months ago before MFP.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I prefer Better Cheddars. Flakier, and I'd guess more butter. Probably also higher calories, but much more yummy :)