What is your favourite healthy meal/snack?

Options
jdt242
jdt242 Posts: 106 Member
Currently, I live for wholewheat bagels with peanut butter and mashed banana.

Replies

• squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i pretty much love anything if peanut butter is involved. or hummus
  • Dawmelvan
    Dawmelvan Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered fage plain greek yogurt with a Tbsp of Trader Joes Pumpkin Butter with an apple for dipping...DELICIOUS.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    It's hard to pick a favorite snack, but I tend to go for flavored almonds most.
  • ldnewlady
    ldnewlady Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Favorite Breakfast: Oatmeal and Fruit or Yogurt and Fruit, or Scrambled Eggs and Fruit (Top 3 breakfasts)
    Favorite Snacks: Usually Fruit and Nuts, Sometimes I will do popcorn but I pop my own.
    Favorite Lunch: Tuna mixed with avocado (It's better than what most probably think) along with side of veggies, Soup with Side of Veggies, Salad loaded with veggies and protein like chicken or turkey (Top 3 lunches if there are no leftovers left from the night before)
    Favorite Dinner: Well that varies widely but I love Latin food and Asian food and try to make that healthy as possible by doing my own.

I have other favorites too: Peanut Butter
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Mine is a chocolate brownie. There isnt really such a thing as a healthy snack, just too little or too much..... especially if a bagel (wholemeal makes no difference) with peanut butter is considered healthy.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    My favorite was Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Bars but with the colder weather I have no desire for ice cream. I have now switched to homemade banana and zucchini breads. I made two loaves yesterday and gave one away because I feared I would eat both myself.
    60817891.png
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter. :)
  • jdt242
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Mine is a chocolate brownie. There isnt really such a thing as a healthy snack, just too little or too much..... especially if a bagel (wholemeal makes no difference) with peanut butter is considered healthy.

Uh, ok.

• beamer0821
    beamer0821 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    i love my homemade sausage egg mcmuffin i eat them about 4 times a week. lol
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Banana bread oatmeal!

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 tbsp ground flax seed
    1/2 mashed banana
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    stevia to taste
    1 tbsp chopped walnuts (optional)

• jdt242
    Options
    Banana bread oatmeal!

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 tbsp ground flax seed
    1/2 mashed banana
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    stevia to taste
    1 tbsp chopped walnuts (optional)

Will be trying this tomorrow! Three favourite ingredients there - oats, banana and vanilla!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    chicken, anyway I prepare it, i love chicken!
  • missnelso04
    missnelso04 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese! If I have some I'll add a tbsp. of flax...if I'm low on protein, I'll toss in some tuna. NOM.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    jdt242 wrote: »
    eldamiano wrote: »

Uh, ok.

Seriously. Bread in general is full of carbs and sugar, wholemeal included. Wholemeal offers very little in comparison to white. I choose it simply because I prefer the taste. Peanut butter, high in sugar and fat also.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast sauteed in a little olive oil with onions, red peppers, rosemary, garlic and a bit of red wine served over spaghetti squash with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Guiltless Pumpkin Pie

1 can of pumpkin
    Cinnamon and nutmeg (or pumpkin pie spice) to taste
    2 T coffee creamer
    Optional: 2 graham crackers

Mix pumpkin, spices, and creamer to taste. Crumble crackers and mix in pumpkin.
    Very low calorie and high in fiber.
  • skinnyfat14
    skinnyfat14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Rice cake with peanut butter and banana :)
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Del Monte fruit single pack, pink grapefruit.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    jdt242 wrote: »
    Currently, I live for wholewheat bagels with peanut butter and mashed banana.

That, but instead of banana I smash one square of 80% dark chocolate to tiny pieces and sprinkle. Foodgasm.

• shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Honey crisp with 2 tbsp of PB (jif whips), light n fit toasted coconut yogurt with 10 almonds mixed in, 1 corazonas oatmeal square, mni pretzels with a wedge of laughing cow cheese to dip them in, popcorn, cucumbers.