What is your favourite healthy meal/snack?

13»

Replies

• ice cream :blush:
  • jdt242
    jdt242 Posts: 106 Member
    zeal26 wrote: »
    My dessert most nights is a bowl of chopped fruit and yoghurt. Usually:

1 kiwi
    1 small banana (or a small apple)
    15-20 green grapes
    15-20 blueberries
    1 pot of lactose-free vanilla yoghurt
    2 teaspoons of fruit muesli

Delicious!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    I'm in love with slow-sauteed onions, tomatoes, and chicken sausage served over a bed of greens or spaghetti squash right now.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Lorleee wrote: »
    http://www.food.com/recipe/cauliflower-popcorn-roasted-cauliflower-115153

Cauliflower popcorn! Same principle as the kale chips. You're just roasting but if you do it long enough the texture because snack-food quality. :smile: Both are nice and crunchy.

Regular air popped popcorn is healthy too!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    eldamiano wrote: »
    jdt242 wrote: »
    eldamiano wrote: »
    Mine is a chocolate brownie. There isnt really such a thing as a healthy snack, just too little or too much..... especially if a bagel (wholemeal makes no difference) with peanut butter is considered healthy.

Uh, ok.

Seriously. Bread in general is full of carbs and sugar, wholemeal included. Wholemeal offers very little in comparison to white. I choose it simply because I prefer the taste. Peanut butter, high in sugar and fat also.

But the "very little" is fiber, which is very good for us and make a difference in how the bread is processed by our bodies. As far as sugar*, bread will have as little or much as the recipe calls for. You can make or buy sugar free bread.

*assume you are talking sugar as in added sugar, since you listed carbs and sugar separately.
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    Raw cheddar cheese and some kind of crisp apple and some kukicha tea. A little bit sweet, a little bit of protein, so good. I think this is healthier than a brownie but it does have carbs and sugar so according to previous logic it is equally as healthy, lol.
  • SergeantNarwhal
    SergeantNarwhal Posts: 116 Member
    avskk wrote: »
    I'm in love with slow-sauteed onions, tomatoes, and chicken sausage served over a bed of greens or spaghetti squash right now.

I don't eat sausage but man this sounds so good and Autumn-y :)
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Lorleee wrote: »
    http://www.food.com/recipe/cauliflower-popcorn-roasted-cauliflower-115153

Cauliflower popcorn! Same principle as the kale chips. You're just roasting but if you do it long enough the texture because snack-food quality. :smile: Both are nice and crunchy.

Regular air popped popcorn is healthy too!

No argument there. It's just something different and I like to try veggies in new ways.
  • Tbaby1514
    Tbaby1514 Posts: 216 Member
    Burrito Bowl!

1/2 c rice (unseasoned)
    4 tbs salsa
    1/2 cup sauteed onions and peppers
    1/4 black beans
    1/4 sweet corn
    2 oz braised pork
    2 tbs sour cream
    1 oz cheese

All for around 400 calories!
  • Tbaby1514
    Tbaby1514 Posts: 216 Member
    avskk wrote: »

I know what I'm having for dinner next week!
  • pattyjoshockley
    pattyjoshockley Posts: 53 Member
    Apple and cheese, apple and PB, Cottage cheese and fruit, Fage and seedless grapes, banana and PB.... so basically some fruit with some fat and protein.
  • evilqueencathy
    evilqueencathy Posts: 48 Member
    Banana bread oatmeal!

1/2 cup old fashioned oats
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 tbsp ground flax seed
    1/2 mashed banana
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    stevia to taste
    1 tbsp chopped walnuts (optional)

mm I will have to try that. I made banana cookies that are awesome.
  • evilqueencathy
    evilqueencathy Posts: 48 Member
    Almond butter on anything. I am in love with the stuff
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    For something sweet, Fiber One bars or else berries with Cool Whip Free (less than 100 calories). For something more substantial, oatmeal is my go-to snack, or if I have time, a veggie burger or egg sammich on whole grain sandwhich thins (around 200 calories).