Jealous

Options

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I really don't. I'm happy for them. I'm busy doing me.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Can't say I've ever felt that way. I usually admire their discipline/effort and attempt to match it.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    wow what a video! I use to get jealous of my boss, I thought she likes to shop, no wonder, she is so little. Didn't think it was possible for me. Well it is and now I look like her. I had to learn to live another way.
  • MelanieRBrace
    MelanieRBrace Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I get jealous almost everyday. My husband and son have super fast metabolism - in fact my hubby has trouble gaining weight. Everyday I see what they eat and they can't gain weight fast enough. Everyday I count calories, stop eating before I'm full, workout till I'm sweating buckets....and ever so slowly lose one. pound. per. week. *sigh*
  • Myrmilt
    Myrmilt Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I don't think I get jealous of the success someone had/has. I tend to get jealous of their motivation level or ability to prioritize their workouts better than I do. I don't know if that is jealousy either, I really just want to hear how they did it, to see if I can improve on what I am doing. But mostly I am losing my excess for me. (and the clothes that are in boxes calling my name)
  • Cyndal25
    Cyndal25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I guess I should say I am extremely happy for them, and yes I am proud of my 90 pounds, and I work out almost everyday, I am more jealous of there eating habits and how they stay so focus. I changed my habits over a year ago and I guess I am more "jealous" of someone who has been doing this as long as me and have more results. Basically I want to be like them!! lol
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I get a little envious of people who lose faster than I do, especially the ones who can eat like 1500 calories (or more!) and lose weight. When I see people say things like, "I just die if I had to eat 1200 calories a day," - I wish I felt that way.

I don't begrudge them their huge I takes and I don't wish they'd lose slower so we could be even, lol.

I just wish that I were more like that. Sometimes. But I'm very happy with own rate of loss and success. :)
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I don't but my sister in law does and it drives me batty. She is always saying how lucky I am. It's not luck if she put more effort into it she would see results as well.

Keep plugging away. You are very close to onderland. Don't compare yourself to others. Find what works for you and keep at it.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Not really. However it does drive me a bit nuts when people tell me they are jealous of my success and they wish they could lose weight. Usually results in me having a conversation about MFP and offering to help them get set up on it, telling them "eat less, move more", followed by their response of "oh I don't have time for that". Two weeks later, same conversation all over again.

Sorry for the mini-rant. It's been one of those days. :angry:
  • lapko2
    lapko2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Not if they work harder than me.

I do if they don't have to really try and loose weight or if they can eat anything and not gain a pound.

I went on vacation with friends and a bunch of other people that are friends of friends a couple months ago. They knew I been trying to loose weight and counting calories. One friend said he would do a week with me because its not hard. (He eats anything and everything and never gains)

So we weighed in on a Saturday morning. I counted calories all week. He just ate what I ate. By Wednesday at dinner he gave up because he didn't want to not eat what he wants anymore and wanted fried food and sweets. The next Sunday morning we weighed in again. I was down 0.4 lbs. He was down 1.7 lbs. And he weighs about 25 lbs less than me.

Yes I was jealous then.

A good thing did come out of it though. A Couple of the people that were with us and knew about it afterwards was telling me that they have a different outlook now after seeing this. Most of them just thought overweight people were lazy. Now they see it is just harder for some people to loose compared to others.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If they are putting in more effort than I am, then more power to 'em. If they are getting results without any seeming effort, that is when I start to feel a bit grumbly. I don't want to hear about how a 3' tall 100 year old lost 200 pounds eating 5000 calories a day, especially when they seem to believe that it should be as easy for everyone else as it was for them. >:)
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I completely understand, my coworker eats whatever she wants and is thin and we do lunch together and she always says I am not counting calories with you I am eating this big juicy burger and fries HUHHHHHHHH the terror!!!!!!
  • Cyndal25
    Options
    BinkyBonk wrote: »
    Not really. However it does drive me a bit nuts when people tell me they are jealous of my success and they wish they could lose weight. Usually results in me having a conversation about MFP and offering to help them get set up on it, telling them "eat less, move more", followed by their response of "oh I don't have time for that". Two weeks later, same conversation all over again.

Sorry for the mini-rant. It's been one of those days. :angry:

I understand that, people tell me all the time they wish they had my motivation, and first of all I'm like....well mine has been kinda lacking here lately. Or they wanna know how I lost all my weight and when I tell them, they are like "oh I was hoping for something easier" I'm like "REALLY" get up and move more or make an effort of what you eat!!
  • Cyndal25
    Options
    Cyndal25 wrote: »
    Does anyone ever......lets just say gets "jealous" because someone you know is getting better results than you and putting in more effort than you. You know you could be getting those results if you put in the effort. Like I used to weight 320 pounds and currently weight 230 and when I see their success stories, I'm like why not me. It motivates me for about 1 minute then the feeling like the failure kicks in and then I sabotage myself. I haven't gained weight but my main big goal is to be under 200 pounds and I am so close.

I guess I should say I am extremely happy for them, and yes I am proud of my 90 pounds, and I work out almost everyday, I am more jealous of there eating habits and how they stay so focus. I changed my habits over a year ago and I guess I am more "jealous" of someone who has been doing this as long as me and have more results. Basically I want to be like them!! lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous of their willpower sometimes and wish it was so 'easy' for me.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I don't get jealous, I get even! As in, "if she can do, so can I!" And then I try my darndest to do it.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Maybe it is because I am just starting, but no. I am impressed and inspired. And, like you stated I know I am not putting in the effort as some people.
  • pinksafyre
    pinksafyre Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes, sometimes. And it Really pisses me off when a MAN
    '"decides to lose weight", then TWO DAYS LATER is like 7 lbs down.
    :s
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    No i was very inspired when i was reading the success and milestone threads here when i first joined Sept 2013 with 232lbs to lose. Year later with 13lbs left to lose i still get inspired by reading members stories.