I'M getting fed up with all this weight loss crap because really i dont know whats going on.

Options
Ok let me start explaining my story. Hi my name is taylor I am a 5,9 male weigh 161 but you know what's crazy im not even below 20% body fat yet and I started working out and cutting calories since the beginning of this year and the thing about its is I use to weigh 225 and again I am now 161 but my weight loss platued in august and my cousin whose a body builder told me I wasn't eating enough calories and I work out everyday no rest days really. So I started increasing my calories to 2,500 and guess what I didn't gain pound I actually dropped two pounds down to 158 ok so here is the real problem I have toned arms and legs,face,back but my belly will not leave even if I remain in a deficit or workout no matter what it wont go. Also im constantly craving for food and kinda unmotivated either though I eat about 3,000 calories a day now because I thought I had metabolic damage but I got lucky and saved my self just in time before things got worst. But still no weight loss also now my weight is now stuck between 158 and 163 wont go no higher or further... so somebody please tell me what is going on with my body why is it doing this to me. People keep telling me to bulk noooo nooo noooo!!!! I wont do that I worked to hard to get this small again and I don't wont to throw all that hard work away and besides I don't want that fat guy bulk look I want that lean cut guy look. so please any body help me im stressing over this im about to go insane im losing it I cant stop thinking about food working out fat loss...etc anything that has to do with fitness because of my belly. this obsession over losing this fat is interfering with my social life, religious life, daily life,etc and im sick of it!!!!! please help me thank you.

Replies

• MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    so, im sorry, whats the problem, again?

just kidding. relax, i dont know what advice to give you but to stay calm. im sure someone will be around to give you their two cents...
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    Too many words, not enough punctuation.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    3000 calories a day is too much to lose fat on. Google "TDEE calculator". Eat 90% of that.

Stop obsessing. Go see a counselor if you have to.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    I don't want that fat guy bulk look I want that lean cut guy look.
    Lost me right here!
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Holy run on sentences Batman. THat was hard to figure out.

OK so if I got the gist of it...you want to lose more weight, fat in your stomach, and you don't want to bulk because you worked hard to lose weight.

A)You sound like you have some disordered thinking patterns with weight loss and I'd take a look into that

B)Are you wweighing your food? Measuring 100% accurately? 99.99% of the time, this is the issue. Be completely honest with yourself here.

C)Bulking not necessarily, but a body recomp would be more in line with your goals.
  • jonisteenhoek
    jonisteenhoek Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

This - for sure this!! I had to stop reading!!!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Healthy BMI. What's the issue?
    You probably need to work out, rather than to lose more weight.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options

Ditto. :stuck_out_tongue:

• smelanie504
    Options
    I <3 the fat guy bulk look.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    OK that was hard to read, but I think you said you want to lose belly fat. Is that correct? Press 1 for yes, 2 for no. (kidding) You have to lose more fat all over. Eat less, work out more, be patient, and stop obsessing.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Did you want some dressing with your word salad?
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    3,000 calories a day sounds like a lot of exercise... Okay, so some of my friends on MFP actually plateaued because they were working out every day. When they put a 2 or 3 rest day period into their week it gave their bodies time to recover and the weight slipped off... So maybe try that.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    It makes no sense for a male with over 20% body fat to bulk. Keep strength training to protect the muscle you have, but eat at a small deficit until your body fat % is much lower.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    3000 calories a day is too much to lose fat on. Google "TDEE calculator". Eat 90% of that.

Stop obsessing. Go see a counselor if you have to.

and lift heavy....

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    If you're consuming around 3K calories per day than you're probably right around maintenance...that's right around my maintenance number for my activity level and stats. If you want to cut fat, you're going to have to eat less...you don't have to eat a lot less...just start cutting a bit out until you start losing slowly but steadily and continue to exercise.

You are at a healthy weight for your stats, so you should not have a big calorie deficit...you should look at most to cut about 0.5 Lbs per week...note also that this won't be linear and such a slow loss will be hard to see on the scale over just a week so you'll want to take snapshots every 4 weeks or so to see what you are trending on average.

Beyond that, you need to have some patience...Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither will your body be built over night. I've been at this a couple of years and I'm nowhere close to where I'd like to be optimally...you need to have some patience and perspective here.
  • stonegirldancing42
    stonegirldancing42 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    sdereski wrote: »

Ditto. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ever hear of various ways of learning and writing, judgies?
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Ok let me start explaining my story. Hi my name is taylor I am a 5,9 male weigh 161 but you know what's crazy im not even below 20% body fat yet and I started working out and cutting calories since the beginning of this year and the thing about its is I use to weigh 225 and again I am now 161 but my weight loss platued in august and my cousin whose a body builder told me I wasn't eating enough calories and I work out everyday no rest days really. So I started increasing my calories to 2,500 and guess what I didn't gain pound I actually dropped two pounds down to 158 ok so here is the real problem I have toned arms and legs,face,back but my belly will not leave even if I remain in a deficit or workout no matter what it wont go. Also im constantly craving for food and kinda unmotivated either though I eat about 3,000 calories a day now because I thought I had metabolic damage but I got lucky and saved my self just in time before things got worst. But still no weight loss also now my weight is now stuck between 158 and 163 wont go no higher or further... so somebody please tell me what is going on with my body why is it doing this to me. People keep telling me to bulk noooo nooo noooo!!!! I wont do that I worked to hard to get this small again and I don't wont to throw all that hard work away and besides I don't want that fat guy bulk look I want that lean cut guy look. so please any body help me im stressing over this im about to go insane im losing it I cant stop thinking about food working out fat loss...etc anything that has to do with fitness because of my belly. this obsession over losing this fat is interfering with my social life, religious life, daily life,etc and im sick of it!!!!! please help me thank you.

You're at a perfectly healthy weight - how much more are you trying to lose?

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    When obsession takes over your life, it is time to get some help. I think you are at maintenance weight and I think your body is saying so too. How about reframing your goal to "toning" the tummy area? Weight lifting can be done very well and it can be done badly. You need to be doing slow movements. Also check out interval weight training. Body toning goals is not all about abstention and work. It's also about rest and recovery.
  • 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I think I found your problem. You skipped to many periods because of your eating disorder.