Replies

• Fertilegrounds5
    Options
    Janet Jackson. All black, big hoop earrings, pony tail
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    <
    Looks like someone got a thread idea from my profile picture!!!
  • Fertilegrounds5
    Options
    Did anyone else sport the Fila sweat suits?
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    mami that is sooooooo cute! Awww girl, I love it!

Thanks Sossy...that was back in my H.S. days...I used to twirl short flags:glasses: :wink:
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    This guy, he was so silly, he use to tight roll or french roll his pants, you know, when you take the cuff, make it tight and roll it up. It was a fad in the early-to-mid 90's, all the cool people were doing it. Also, before I could drive, I would ride my bike through the late night drive through to get something to eat, probably one of the reasons I am here today.
  • mamijujuphat
    mamijujuphat Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    i had a jheri curl for about two weeks i couldnt get the micheal jackson loop on the forehead like he had on thriller so i cut it off

Awww cha' mon
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Child of the 80's here. I'm talking Neon everything.... different color eyeshadow ... two different colors of lipstick! Big teased hair; multicolored scrunchies. Big bracelets.... just awful when I think of it.
  • manda1028
    manda1028 Posts: 148
    Options
    Hmm, from my EARLY childhook (about 6ish) I went into my mom's bathroom and cut my hair ALL off. Bangs up to the hairline, long, beautiful, brown hair in a big clumpy mess. Best part...I was really proud of myself :happy:

Also, about 4-5, I don't remember this really, but my mom said when I'd get REALLY mad about something, I'd go into a corner, take my pants off and pee in it :drinker:

lmao!! too funny :D i am sure glad u grew up!! i remember our neighbor kid didnt want bangs anymore so they cut em off at the hairline too lol kids are hilarious
  • manda1028
    manda1028 Posts: 148
    Options
    LOL Me too!! Flame red lipstick and white eyeshadow were my staples in 1996!! lol used to practice pouting and trying to stand like her when she was in the Tragic Kingdom cover lol totally forgot about that.

I remember when Clueless came out and EVERY body had suspenders on their outfits, mom wouldn't buy me any so I went scrounging through my dads stuff and found a pair of bright yellow ones. The suspenders I needed were black, so I grabbed a black magic marker and colored the suspenders myself. Has anyone tried to fill in cloth with a black magic marker??? It gets all streaky and blobby looking. lol But i didn't care, took them to school anyway. Of course I got laughed at, but who cares, I had my suspenders!! :laugh:

hahah omg yeah WHITE EYELINER was the bomb. and then when everyone just wore shirts from gap that said GAP, and tommy n ralph lauren. **** now a days id rather wear a bright colored t shirt from walmart or something, and BLACK eyeliner lol!!!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    hippy chick - nuff said
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I can't see the pictures for some reason! uugh I will try from home later!!
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    or how about the overalls that were really baggy but you wouldn't clip them all the way, you only clipped the one side and let the other side hang.... I don't know what we were thinking....
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Heat t-shirts, can't remember what they were called but where you touched it, it changed colours like a mood ring. Great look when your pits were a different colour than the rest of the shirt :laugh:

Also remember wearing skinny jeans and taking safety pins to tighten the legs from the knees down so they were even tighter, obviously I was a bit smaller then than I am now.:grumble:
  • stressd1mom
    stressd1mom Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ahhh....pinning my stone-washed jeans at the bottom and tucking them in to my socks! Oh....and wearing those ridiculous shirt cincher/clip things off to one side that made it look like your t-shirt had a pony tail! LOL I might have to dig around for one of those... :wink:

Sometimes I would pin & role my jeans! Then it was off to go roller skating!! I miss roller skating!
  • babycaykes80
    Options
    :laugh: Heat t-shirts, can't remember what they were called but where you touched it, it changed colours like a mood ring. Great look when your pits were a different colour than the rest of the shirt :laugh:

Also remember wearing skinny jeans and taking safety pins to tighten the legs from the knees down so they were even tighter, obviously I was a bit smaller then than I am now.:grumble:

Bahahahaha!!! Hyper Color was so hot back then!!:laugh:
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options

Bahahahaha!!! Hyper Color was so hot back then!!:laugh:

HyperColor!! that's what it was!!

hahahahahahahahahah
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    OMG, I had a hyper-color shirt...it turned bright purple around my boobs! I wore the bang poof..you pulled your back in a pony tail or let it hang straight..use the smallest curling iron you could find and curl your bangs, then tease them until they stood 5 inches off your forehead!
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    or how about the overalls that were really baggy but you wouldn't clip them all the way, you only clipped the one side and let the other side hang.... I don't know what we were thinking....

Umm humm I did that one too!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I had a mullet...on top of a perm, i thought I looked cool, I looked like a bloomin mushroom cloud. My siblings have called i my nuclear era because I have red hair. My only comfort is that I wasn't alone in this look but I never saw another person with my hair colour have one. My oldest sister recently uploaded it to facebook, I pleaded with her to remove it before my kids saw it...She did - I love my older sister!