Flourless Chocolate Mug Cake (Low- Carb) (Picture Included)

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TheWorstHorse
    Options
    bump
  • Cmejstrik
    Cmejstrik Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bumpity-bump-bump!
  • rachael4real
    rachael4real Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I didn't believe that this would be good but I just made it... minus the whip cream and it was so delicious. I am a cake lover and this satisfied all my cravings for a piece of cake. This recipe is going into heavy rotation. Thanks!
  • totustuusmaria
    totustuusmaria Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try this!
  • juliefulloflife
    juliefulloflife Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am so gonna try this!!!!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • JazzFischer1989
    JazzFischer1989 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm and I think I have all of these ingredients.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    catcow888 wrote: »
    This sounds too good to be true... so I popped the ingredients into the recipe maker to see how many calories it really is. It's true that the cake itself is about 90cals, but by adding the whipped cream, it adds an extra 100 calories!

I know that your post wasn't meant to be misleading and you probably were just meaning the cake that was 90 calories, it just doesn't really come off that way!

I would hate for anyone to think that the entire thing was below 100 and muck up their calories.

Other than that, it does look lovely and I'll definitely give it a try... whilst logging the correct calories.

Ps. It's also only 90 calories if you use a small egg! If you use large eggs like I do it'll be over 100... still low, but worth knowing!

Uh huh ... put things in your diary accurately ... got it. I love the way you reiterated your point just in case people didn't understand that cream does in fact have calories. Thank goodness for you.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    blatantlyo wrote: »
    I did not intend to be misleading to you! I should have clarified better. The ingredients I used are all low-carb, which tend to be low-cal also. Which are usually the "diet" kind I am sure you are using different ingredients which cause the calorie count to be a lot higher. For instance, I use diet whipped cream, and one serving (2 tbsp) is only 15 calories, whereas yours is 100 calories. Big difference. Also, the small egg I used is only 60 calories. Most people who are dieting automatically use low-cal products, but since your whipped cream has more calories than the cake alone, I would imagine your other ingredients would be similarly high in calories.

OP low carbers do not in fact usually use the "diet" versions of things. Usually, they will use the regular full fat version, as fat is a welcome addition to our diets. You can't eat low carb and low fat. Low carb doesn't = low cal. Often the "diet" versions of things might have less fat, but more sugar to make up the taste.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    catcow888 wrote: »
    This sounds too good to be true... so I popped the ingredients into the recipe maker to see how many calories it really is. It's true that the cake itself is about 90cals, but by adding the whipped cream, it adds an extra 100 calories!

I know that your post wasn't meant to be misleading and you probably were just meaning the cake that was 90 calories, it just doesn't really come off that way!

I would hate for anyone to think that the entire thing was below 100 and muck up their calories.

Other than that, it does look lovely and I'll definitely give it a try... whilst logging the correct calories.

Ps. It's also only 90 calories if you use a small egg! If you use large eggs like I do it'll be over 100... still low, but worth knowing!

I think you misused 2T. whipped cream.

"Whipped cream" and "cream, whipped" are not the same thing. 2 T. whipped cream would refer to 2T. of spray whipped cream in a can, like RediWhip, 15-25 calories.

2T creamed, whipped, would mean 2T. of heavy cream that needs to be whipped with a mixer, which as pure liquid fat, 2T is 100 calories.
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Bump to save! Thank you for posting a low call mug cake, theyre my addiction!
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • Witchykaite
    Witchykaite Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rererangi03
    rererangi03 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    mmm yummo ?