Would you sell your home for 140,000?

Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    my apartment is worth that or a little more, if I owned it I'd sell it for 140 probably
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Condos/houses are pretty expensive here. $140k wouldn't get you much here, so my parents would never sell the house for that little. Although, I wish I could find something for that price lol.
  • nmcrosier
    nmcrosier Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Nope, home worth 3x's that, even my first home I bought at 23 and kept as rental property is worth more than that...so no x's two
  • ebayaddict0127
    ebayaddict0127 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'm confused.. but I purchased my home in 2013 for 150k. So no, I won't sell it for $140k. As for the pets? Not sure what you mean. I love my animals.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,129 Member
    Options
    I'd probably sell my mother for 140k. #justsayin
  • 111YoYo111
    111YoYo111 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The Money Pit is a pain in my @$$, but worth lots more than that; No.

this
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I rent, so the question is not relevant. However, I live in a small town in Iowa, so $140k is going to buy a pretty decent house around here. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of condos, so it doesn't make sense for 1 person to have a whole house... the cost of the house, utilities, and then the repair and maintenance (not just money, but time also). If I had a wife, I might consider renting a larger space or even buying a small home (don't need a huge amount of space for 2 people either).
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    unless its a trailer or RV or a low priced condo how can anyones house be worth less than 140k?

erm...my mom's house is worth about $50k; I'm looking to have one built for about $95k. Either you live in an inflated market or I live in a deflated one, or both. I've actually seen some old fixer uppers in my region for less than the price of a new car.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    unless its a trailer or RV or a low priced condo how can anyones house be worth less than 140k?

It really depends on where you're at. The median home price in the U.S. was $188,900 in January 2014. In Manhattan that would get you maybe a walk in closet to live in whereas that would by a small castle in parts of the mid-west. $140K would get you a pretty great home in much of the country.

• mbailey423
    mbailey423 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    1/5 of my homes value. Nope
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    Since I had to clean mine today I'd pay someone that to clean it. (husband might not be pleased with me but who cares)
  • 3pammoll3
    3pammoll3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Some people sold their cat along with their house for an extra $122,000 ... is that what this is about? Yeah, I'd sell my home for $140,000, that's actually just about what it's worth. And depending on the family (they would have to be good pet parents) I might sell one of my rescue cats for an additional $122,000 because then I could go out and save another one or three.