Pepsi Substitute?

Options
13»

Replies

• SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    So.... I tried the mini-cans and they worked out great. But then last week I tried my first Coke Zero. There will be no turning back! Those things are awesome! Thanks everyone for the advice.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I switched from cherry coke to pepsi max cherry. Then I gradually got bored of that too. Now I have a cherry coke as a treat once a week or so, occasionally have a pepsi max but otherwise sugar free squash with fizzy water seems to solve all lifes problems
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    parkscs wrote: »
    I don't really get it - if you enjoy carbonated beverages, why not try a diet soda or carbonated water? Not every food/drink you consume has to be rich in micronutrients, and I don't see anything unhealthy about consuming something because you enjoy it, particularly a diet soda/carbonated water that has no calories and is essentially just for hydration. Just my $0.02 but it sounds like you're overthinking things.
    This. If you're hitting your macronutrient goals, and getting your micronutrients, there's nothing wrong with having a diet pepsi - or a regular one - provided it doesn't put you over your goals. You don't get extra credit for going above and beyond your nutrient requirements.

• 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I totally gave up soda, because it contains too much sugar, and as for diet soda, I have reservations about the chemicals used to sweeten. Diet soda may be OK :D ...maybe not :o ...
    Who knows?
    I just switched to water with lemon and green tea.
    I'll go through a gallon of liquid intake every day easily not counting my veggie/fruit juice mix.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I enjoy drinking about 1/4 cup light fruit juice topped with sparkling water. Or sparkling water with a squeeze or lemon if I'm feeling fancy.
  • chrisloters
    Options
    I'd do coke!... :D so long as you're not diabetic that would affect your system having that sweet tooth for soda, just drink it up with moderation. If you worry about taking in more calories with your soda routine, just exert extra effort to burn 'em. Cheers! zizt!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    I am a little shocked myself that everyone is drinking a diet soda and thinks that is an exceptable alternative :( I personally have had that monkey on my back my whole life!! up to a 2 liter a day :( and when I decided to go cold turkey I found other drinks to fulfill that sweet need. coconut water works great

Be prepared to be shocked a lot on MFP then.

Diet soda in sensible moderation is perfectly fine and there is no need to change from it unless you particularly prefer something else.

I drink a few diets sodas per week and have no intention of quitting or of changing to coconut water. ( Bleugh)

Since I have no issues from drinking diet soda, why should I change it??