what do you do with your whey protein powder?

Options
1235»

Replies

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    you can bake with it, make pancakes.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Here are some things I've enjoyed with my protein powder. I have vanilla whey.

1) It's OK just mixed with milk but not my favorite. I have never tried it with water - don't think I would enjoy that.
    2) It's pretty decent as a coffee "creamer"... 1/4 to 1/2 scoop per mug of coffee
    3) Smoothies! My top 2 right now:
    - 1 cup milk, ice, 1 scoop protein powder, 1 tablespoon peanut butter, 0.5 tablespoon cocoa powder
    - 1 cup milk, ice, 1 scoop protein powder, 0.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice, 2 tablespoons pure pumpkin (optional)
    4) Muffins! I love this recipe: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/07/banana-oat-protein-muffins-no-flour-or-sugar-added-100-calories/
    - I adjust it slightly to use a flavored Greek yogurt. My favorite is the 100 calorie Yoplait ones, specifically the apple pie flavor. Without the flavored yogurt, they were a little plain for me, but I just spread a tiny bit of peanut butter on the top in that case (YUM!)
    - Being that it's that time of year, I've adapted the recipe to use pure pumpkin (the canned kind, which is what I had) rather than bananas. I just subbed 2/3 cup of the pumpkin and added some pumpkin pie spice.

Hope that helps!!! :D
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I put it in the blender with one cup unsweetened almond milk and ice! Ice is the key for me! My daughter adds bananas, oats, chia seeds and peanut butter to her protein shakes. Different combinations of each. I just like the plain chocolate and don't need the extra carbs.
    Last night I used my vanilla creme flavor and put it in the crockpot with almond milk, water, oats, little bit of cinnamon and a little bit of honey. It was pretty good.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    nmtGurl wrote: »
    A gazillion ideas....protein flan, protein fluff, protein cake, protein fudge......

http://www.proteinpow.com/

Not the OP... but thanks!! This site looks great!

• emmabanks87
    emmabanks87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    for me its my porridge (oatmeal) I always buy the untouched stuff (not flavoured) but boy it tastes boring. so always jazz it up with my protein powder!! myprotein has a great choice of flavours......like lemon cheesecake and jam roly poly! but they actually taste like it! yum!
  • Vina4
    Vina4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I put a little bit of water in the blender. I don't measure but I would guess maybe 1/8 or 1/4 cup. Then I slice up a whole banana into the blender. Add one scoop of Body Fortress Super advance chocolate whey protein powder. I blend all this together then add ice to create a thick shake like consistency and then blend that all together. Very yummy.