My coworkers do this diet and i can't help but laugh

Options
Sometimes it's just hard to keep it all in. I just don't understand people sometimes...but ya know what. Enough about me. What do you all think? Overview and then link

"The Omni Drops program includes consumption of the drops, Omni IV liquid vitamins, Nite Lite and the recommended menu. The first 2 days of the Omni Drops program consists of eating very high calorie foods that contain high fat and sugar contents. This is called "loading". This is the time to eat every bad food you've always dreamed of eating! The more you gain during these 2 days, the better - this will set your body up for a great "dropping" period. Don't worry though, you will lose it all in the following 48 hours. Eat cakes, cookies, ice cream, fried foods, pizza, cheese, etc. - these are all acceptable foods. You can even drink all the alcohol you want during this time! It is important that you load properly as this is a very critical part of the diet. People that chose not to load properly have found that the rest of the unwanted weight does not drop as easily as those people who took the time to load. You want to eat all day with a constant feeling of being "full". You will also need to drink 3/4 to 1 gallon of water in addition to eating all the food - don't forget this! You will also need to be taking the Omni drops 3 times a day, 10 drops at a time. Do not begin loading if you have not started taking the Omni drops! "

http://omnilisapinasco.blogspot.com/2013/10/omni-drops-program-overview-phases-1-2.html?m=1

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    A diet that insists that I load up on cake and cookies and pizza and ice cream for two whole days??

df80244e5d67407ea7b8105ae05aee8e.jpg
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Oh I love it ..thanks for the early morning laugh :grinning:
  • thinkpositive92
    thinkpositive92 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Haha sounds too good to be true!
  • 1pjah7
    1pjah7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    This is the kind of crazy diet I would have done in the past. Fast weight loss only to gain it right back shortly after. One of the posters in the comments section said she was dizzy, weak, and almost fainted twice, but she lost 14 pounds. Some endorsement.
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Wow - thats a diet just asking for a lawsuit
  • nessab70
    nessab70 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    haha that is a classic
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    1pjah7 wrote: »
    This is the kind of crazy diet I would have done in the past. Fast weight loss only to gain it right back shortly after. One of the posters in the comments section said she was dizzy, weak, and almost fainted twice, but she lost 14 pounds. Some endorsement.

My coworkers did this and complained how they felt "like crap" and "had headaches all the time" but acted like i was crazy when i suggested calorie counting and fitness pal saying "i don't think that would work. You can't just eat whatever you want. Everybody knows that"

I eat whatever i want and in a short period of time have lost about 30 lbs already. Even after seeing that, they still either do crazy diets or outright starve themselves. I don't understand it. I really don't. They probably assume i'm lying when i say "i just ate jack in the box today and feel great. As long as i stay under my calories, i eat whatever the hell i want".

I feel bad for them because its like a dysfunctional cycle of "lose weight and be miserable-gain weight back shortly after-lose weight and be miserable". How many times are you going to make a mistake before you learn from it?
  • austinsneeze
    austinsneeze Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    that's disgusting.....
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Well that's a diet I could stick with... too bad it won't work, lol!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I don't see why anyone would laugh at them....honestly for the most part some of us here have been on diets that have failed from time to time and some diets that have been a success... I agree it sounds too good to be true I myself probably wouldn't try it and would offer them advice if they seem to get frustrated but I don't get my rocks off by laughing ..
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Well to be fair, starting a diet like that seems counter-productive for sure, but if it gets the 'piggying out' out of your system, it's not necessarily a bad thing, IMO. I find it easier to stick to a new diet when I've just had a total splurge.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    When you lose another 30lbs your co-workers will start listening, I'm sure! (You're doing really well btw!) For now... just make sure they don't hurt themselves!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Are the drops a laxative?
  • LiftAndBalance
    LiftAndBalance Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Wow, just wow. That's horrible.
    Use oil-free makeup, moisturizers, lotions and hair products.

Sure, I guess because the oil will seep through your skin and make you fat... And
    REMEMBER, YOU ARE ACTUALLY CONSUMING 3,000 CALORIES EACH DAY EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE ONLY EATING A SMALL PORTION OF THAT! The other calories are coming from those released from the consumption of abnormal fat stored in your body which is made available through the direct impact of the Omni drops resulting in rapid, healthy weight loss.

Seriously?

ultimate_facepalm.jpg
  • kat_snowflake
    kat_snowflake Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Are the drops a laxative?

That's a really good question!

It's a bit like the Chinese detox tea my ex-flatmate once got in Chinatown having been assured that it would not have a laxative effect only finding herself stuck in the office toilet every morning for half an hour...

She gave up on the easy fix tea and added it to our medicine shelf instead in case of constipation issues... :)
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options

I can't even....
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    It sounds not like a diet. More like a scam...
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Well to be fair, starting a diet like that seems counter-productive for sure, but if it gets the 'piggying out' out of your system, it's not necessarily a bad thing, IMO. I find it easier to stick to a new diet when I've just had a total splurge.

Yes, but if you consider the rest of the diet it is a very bad thing because it basically promotes a binging then VLCD cycle. This is honestly one of the most destructive diet plans I've read.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    It sounds like what Extreme Weight Loss and The Biggest Loser tell contestants-- Load WAY up on food and water weight before starting so your losses look all the more astonishing.
  • LastCupOfSorrow
    LastCupOfSorrow Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It sounds like what Extreme Weight Loss and The Biggest Loser tell contestants-- Load WAY up on food and water weight before starting so your losses look all the more astonishing.

Wait... is this for real? That breaks my heart. I believe it but I don't want to!