Ever had a breakdown during your workout?

Options

Replies

• numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    yes. sometimes working out distracts me from my issues, and sometimes it causes me to think about them more. i'll be running hard and pushing myself and it just like opens the floodgates to all my self-doubt, anger, and frustration.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I've gotten emotional in yoga a couple times (it makes me feel so accomplished and peaceful). And I often go for walks when I am upset to clear my head. I've been that girl walking with tears running down her face!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,837 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    ...I fight my demons. If I come out a bit battle weary, at least I know Im fighting hard :D

So can relate to this. Literally.

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I've cried at the gym a few times for different reasons. Sometimes upset at myself, sometimes frustration, once was simply exhaustion. It happens.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    I don't think I have ever had a breakdown.....but I have had some crappy workouts due to moods...
    Or if something happens...then it really throws me off my workout, and a lot of times I just get up and leave....I can't focus on the workout anymore.
    Then that pisses me off.

Oh this^
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options
    I've gone into the gym in tears, or left to take a cry in the locker room. I'm in the gym a lot so really, there's going to be a couple cries there a year.
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Never cried (yet), but I have to leave the floor to throw up almost every week during my PT session. Does that count?
  • arditarose
    Options
    Limeycat wrote: »
    Never cried (yet), but I have to leave the floor to throw up almost every week during my PT session. Does that count?

Holy crap?! Really?
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I haven't broken down, but sometimes an intense workout can make me feel emotional yes.
  • LiveLoveLift67
    LiveLoveLift67 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I remember one day riding the stationary bike and all of a sudden the song " The Climb" came on and i just lost it. I just felt the accumulation of alot of hard work and sacrifice and feeling like i wasent getting anywhere just all came to a head. I literally rode that bike with my head down crying for a while .

Second time was about a month after injuring my back. I went back to the gym and could do less weight etc than when i started out and that was very defeating to feel like i lost all the work i had put into myself up until that point. When i could barely lift a 10 lb dumbell i broke down and felt like a failure. I left in tears and wasent sure i was ever going to go back in there again.

So i think it happens to alot of people at different times and for different reasons.
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Holy crap?! Really?

Yup. I don't think I'm really working that hard tho - maybe I should get up even earlier to digest my breakfast better, lol!

I'm fine once I've let go, just get back in there and kick the heck out of what's left of the session :-)

• AshleyLynn6278
    Options
    Yeah Ive had moments like that. I try to turn that negative energy into a positive and really put all of the frustration into my workout. Its better than picking up a bag of chips and emotional eat. So breakdown during a workout is fine and I think many of us have days like that.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Is this a female thing?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    Is this a female thing?

Nope. I've never had a breakdown during a workout and I'm a female. B)

• arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Holy crap?! Really?

Yup. I don't think I'm really working that hard tho - maybe I should get up even earlier to digest my breakfast better, lol!

I'm fine once I've let go, just get back in there and kick the heck out of what's left of the session :-)

I've definitely gotten ill during my trainer's circuits. Haven't puked yet. I don't let her push me to puking ha.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    No, but I love how you got through it. You've got some stamina, girl. Sounds like you have more in you than even you thought was there! Keep it up!
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    I only ever had one. My friend had just passed away and she was an ultramarathoner. I was a runner also, but not to her extent. I went out to the track one day and when my knee started hurting again. I got super frustrated with myself and my injury, so I just sat in the grass and cried being pathetic when I thought of her. She gave me my strength back and made me realize how much bigger life is and to appreciate the fact that I can even run and enjoy life.
  • samuka1
    samuka1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Whew...It's soooo good to know I'm not alone on this one. :#

Oddly enough, I don't think it's a female thing though....(I think we're probably just brave enough to admit we cry...hahaha) :D
  • NoStoppingNow77
    NoStoppingNow77 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started C25K about a month after I lost my son at 5 1/2 months pregnant (2 months ago). In the beginning I'd be on the treadmill and I'd start bawling at some point. It was like a floodgate would open up. It happened the other day when I ran a mile for the first time without stopping. It's my therapy I guess, thankfully it's in the privacy of my own home and not in a gym...cuz, I think people would start to really worry about me after awhile. :)
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Yep, sometimes working out takes me to the stuff i avoid thinking about. Only happens when I am working out alone at home. Now I am going to a gym it is a lot better. I am still working out alone but having others around seems to help.