MFP is stealing from me, and it is gonna happen again soon!

Options
It has been awhile, but as I log my weight every week, I know the time is coming for MFP to reward my work by taking away more calories from my BMR again!

Replies

• jamesblood13
    jamesblood13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    if anything though, that's a real NSV!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    When you lower your goal from 2 lbs/week to 1.5 to 1 to .5, you get those calories back. I just went from 1,480 cals on 1 lb loss per week to 1,730 cals on .5 lb loss per week.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Congrats?
  • stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Mine has never prompted me...maybe I've beat them to the punch every time when I went in to adjust on my own?
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Gee -- that means you are close to losing another 10 pounds. You can tell it not to make the adjustment if you don't want to drop any calories.
  • jc93230
    jc93230 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I am closing in on 50 lbs lost, 18 more to go.
  • vgreeve
    vgreeve Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way!! It is a love / hate relationship with them stealing my calories! :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    congrats!
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    jc93230 wrote: »
    I am closing in on 50 lbs lost, 18 more to go.

1 congrats
    2 embrace it
    3 i know how you feel, mfp reduced from 1640 to 1380 with my 40+ llbs loss.
    i simply reduced loss rate to1 llb a week.cals back up to a more manageable 1860.
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Mine did yesterday too! I'm happy and sad about it!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    It never happened to me... I was able to increase my exercise every time to pretty much end up eating the same amount the whole time.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    It never happened to me... I was able to increase my exercise every time to pretty much end up eating the same amount the whole time.

Same here. That, and at some point, I changed my deficit from 1lb/week to 1/2lb week. Yum, more food. It may take me as long to lose the last 10 as it did my first 20 (probably another 5 months), but when I reach goal, I'll be eating so close to maintenance, that I'll already be accustomed to an appropriate eating level to maintain my weight.
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    jc93230 wrote: »
    It has been awhile, but as I log my weight every week, I know the time is coming for MFP to reward my work by taking away more calories from my BMR again!

This happens? Is this a real thing?

I've lost 33 lbs and it's never suggested anything. Is it because I'm always tweaking it?
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately it's not MFP it's physics. Takes less calories to move around and maintain a lower mass. Hopefully you've been lifting while losing because muscle mass is good for boosting your BMR
  • marca_june
    marca_june Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a problem about getting my day streak taken away. I know I have over 200 days being on here and now I have 2! We have other things to do besides of being on here all day. One time I was in the hospital a week when it happened. I got logged on everyday except one of those with help. I don't have a smart phone or lap top, etc. to use. I could understand if someone stayed off here for 2 or 3 weeks but for 1 day? I had just gotten back up to 31 now 2 day streak. I can understand about getting calories taken away too but it is a sign that weight is being lost so that is great In one way, not if you feel like being deprived so just adjust as been suggested.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Go in and manually up your calories back up?
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Wow, congratulations are in order! I manually adjust my calories. So no thievery with me...lol.
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Marca, that happened to me once, too. If you email MFP and tell them what happened, they can restore your streak. :)
  • Guitarist4L1fe
    Guitarist4L1fe Posts: 31 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Hmmm MFP said if i wanted to drop another 100 calories because i lost another 10 pounds. I said yes to go from 1450 to 1350 it looks like it changes then flips back to 1450?