10 year age difference

Options

Replies

• Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I don't see why it matters what other people think & why you need confirmation that it is ok? If he's nice and you're happy...That should be all that matters, right??
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Meh, I've dated a guy 12 years younger than me. It all depends on the individuals, their maturity levels and compatibility.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    My first boyfriend was 10 years older than me, when I was 18? 19? After that my best guy friend was 13 years older and eventually I married someone 6 years older me.

Age doesn't matter if you're getting the connection you want/need with the other person.

That being said, talking marriage/kids when you only started dating? Have you known this guy for a long time and you discussed this before entering the relationship? You have time, and while it's nice that he meets all your 'check boxes' - it's not the most important thing in a relationship. Take your time, get to know him, and ENJOY dating. Live it up.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    My wife is 10 years younger then me and we have been happily and i truly mean happily married for 12 years.... but at times i swear she is older then me both physically and mentally
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I've dated a man 19 years older than me and I've gone 15 years younger as well. The 19 years older was fine and our issues were unrelated to our ages... The 15 years younger was NOT a good idea and we never moved from "dating" to "relationship" because we were at WAY different stages of our lives. My husband is six years younger and age is a non-issue. I don't think AGE is so much an issue as "stage of life". If you both want the same thing out of the relationship then go for it.
  • Daphnerose86
    Daphnerose86 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is younger than me but it doesn't affect our relationship at all. But I've seen relationships where the older party holds it against the younger party when making decisions. If you feel like your opinions are lesser because you're younger, or ever feel like the "kid" in the relationship- those are warning signs that the relationship is not doing well.
  • lighterbytheminute
    Options
    Rule of thumb I heard the other day was "Don't date any women younger than half your age + 7". Actually works as a nice sliding scale :)
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    No I don't think it's too much of an age gap. Now if he was over half your age or old enough to be your dad, then I'd say that's too much. I'm 20 and I would definitely would consider dating a 33 year old. There's nothing wrong with liking older guys. ;)
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My dad is 9 years older than my mom, it seems to be working for them so far.
  • siport
    siport Posts: 7,429 Member
    Options
    my wife is 9 years younger than me
  • skinnycow256
    Options
    my handsome hubby is 12 years older than I. We met 4 years ago and married six weeks later. I've never regretted it.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I'm 15 years older than my wife (second one). It's working. Sorta. Kinda. Maybe.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm 19 years older than my wife. Age is pretty meaningless IMO it's the person that matters
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    10 years is nothing. My husband is 11 years older than me and we are perfect together and very happy. However, in my personal opinion, 23 is too young to settle down. Plus, he is established in his career and it doesn't sound like you are. Just my thoughts.
  • Benjinkan
    Benjinkan Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    10 years is nothing, I'm 35 but still feel 17 in my head... go for it.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I only date guys 10 years or more my junior. :grinning: Go for it Frosty!
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I get what people are saying (as long as you're happy, etc). You asked for our opinions. A 10 year age difference might not be that big a deal if you were 30 and he was 40, but 23 to 33 is too much. IMO, you're too young to be dating someone 10 years older. But, if you're happy and it works, who am I to say.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    3 days? Repost after 3 months.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    Don't think it matters as long as both parties are of legal age!