Replies

• Zerodette
    Zerodette Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    What is grain-free oatmeal??!!
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Plain old-fashioned oats or steel cut oats, for the lowest GI values. Prepare them overnight for a hassle-free breakfast if you're short on time. Please do not get instant or flavoured oats, as most contain large amounts of sugar.
  • Tilandra
    Options
    If you need gluten-free oats (processed in a dedicated facility so there won't be wheat contamination) due to a wheat gluten sensitivity for celiac or other medical reasons, I recommend Bob's Red Mill here in the US. They have rolled or steel cut. Hodgeson's Mill is another brand that makes an effort to keep their oats gluten-free.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for whatever one has the most protein. But now I feel like I need to try the dinosaur egg one.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    instant oatmeal is no good for you...it is very high in glycemic index...and instant oatmeal is a pointless grain, its flattened and thinned out so much that it literally has no nutritional value left...make sure you get plain rolled oats (Quakers is good) and then add natural flavoring to it. Just went over this is my weight loss class and I had no idea that oatmeal was only good if it was a whole oat and rolled not instant. so new for me to.

Instant oatmeal has pretty much the same nutritional value as steel cut oats. And you can't beat 1.5 minute in the microwave in the morning.