My rant on sweaters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    i'll knit you a sweater. i knit. i crochet. i'm one crafty chick. i'm on etsy. crochetmybrainsout.etsy.com

you want it?? come get it... it'll only cost you your soul....

MUUUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA

:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
  • Hammie18
    Hammie18 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    THIS is an AWESOME departure from all the drama on these message boards. Thanks for the laugh.
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    So learn to knit!! All you really need to learn is two stitches and you can tackle most projects.

I'm currently knitting a lace tablecloth. I'm using thread (smaller than kite string) and knitting needles slightly bigger around than toothpicks.

Some of the top designers right now are men! And they are even STRAIGHT!

Try it. 1Horsetown

My grandmother used to do that, I believe she called it "tatting" not knitting

tatting and knitting and crochet are three different things! :)

knitting done with 2 pointed needles

crochet done with a hook

tatting is knotwork done with a shuttle which is a surfboard lookin thing holding thread to lace into tiny knots. making beautiful patterns.!

yeahhh i'm a crafting nerd LOL
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My grandmother can knit. She's old and smelly, but she is single AND can knit. PM me if you want her digits.

OMG< Old and smelly! what a terrible thing to say about your gma. I'm laughing so hard right now!!!!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I will have to post later...I am on my way to my knitting class! :wink:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I was going to say I will bet there are 30 women learning to knit as we type.

Oh, my daughter can knit and she's available. And I do have a shotgun.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    LOL, this is too funny. I can't knit or sew even though my dear sweet Grandmother tried her best to teach me. I once got a "D" in Home Economics. :blushing: I never did finish that stupid top I was making. :grumble:
  • tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I can't knit but I can quilt....I can quilt you a sweater. But, I'm married. My husband says I can have a boyfriend but he has to be willing to buy him a boat with matching truck, and pay all my bills:huh:
  • Kellee_76
    Kellee_76 Posts: 91
    Options
    :smile: This is too funny! I love kids and can knit up a storm but I'm off to be married in June. So sorry. Best of luck in your quest!
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My grandmother can knit. She's old and smelly, but she is single AND can knit. PM me if you want her digits.

ROFLMAO! That is great. She is old and smelly. Be nice to your granny :)

I can knit a blanket! You can wrap yourself up in it. And, yes, I realized it was a joke to get us through the day, but still felt I should throw my 2cents in. LOL
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I. Not anymore. Whatever woman knits me a sweater is my future bride. I

try learning to knit your OWN sweaters
    Yeah! Nothing like doing it yourself.:laugh: Had to laugh at the lady running to crochet her hubby a big square. :laugh:
  • Czymom
    Czymom Posts: 12
    Options
    I. Not anymore. Whatever woman knits me a sweater is my future bride. I

try learning to knit your OWN sweaters

HILARIOUS!
  • holdthefries
    holdthefries Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    How many carbs in a hand knitted sweater?
    Does knitting count as exercise? Do I have to eat back my knitting exercise calories?
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    ah Ed you must have a sweatshirt hon....you got part of the word in there the sweaty part...but STILL...and Im confused...you said I was a mystery to you....Lordy what is the mystery about this ol nudist....one thing you should know...I DONT OWN A sweater...but I can do macrame'...kind of the same;-) In the end of the sweater making, you could hang a nice pot off the sleave or in front. Walking follage:-)
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

While we're on it, I want a man who can (in this order)

Kill a spider (I'm sick of these pansies catch and releasing)
    Open a jar of pickles (and not opening it after I've worked it for 10 minutes)
    Do his own taxidermy (what, should I knit allll the rugs?)
    Put a toilet seat down (especially after I spent all that time knitting a nice soft toilet seat cover)
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    I can knit and crochet everything from lace to full on footsy pajamas. A sweater falls somewhere in the middle there. I gotta tell you though, most people hate hand knitted sweaters because they are hard to clean and can be very itchy.

I guess my husband doesn't appreciate how lucky he is.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Besides all of that, all knitters are taught NOT to knit for our boyfriends (especially sweaters!) because of the boyfriend curse. (In case you don't catch the sarcasm, the myth is that men see us taking the time to knit something as some weird commitment thing and run away!)

My partner adores the sweatersI knit him - no sweater curse here!
    I gotta tell you though, most people hate hand knitted sweaters because they are hard to clean and can be very itchy.

But they don't have to be! It's easy to handwash a sweater, and you can even get some really good acrylics, which are soft & snuggly, plus can be washed in the machine (I use these for my eldest son's ones because he would never handwash anything!). There are lots of yarns which won't cause irritation!

SoldierDad - you need to join Ravelry.com - loads of knitters just waiting for a man like you! :bigsmile:

(Yes, I know this is all very tongue-in-cheek!)
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I think some missed this being a complet joke just to get everyone smiling in the middle of a work day. :flowerforyou:

Darn it and I was thinking ok in the time it will take me to learn how to knit and actually make a sweater that looks like a sweater! I can lose the weight I need to because I will be concentrating on my knitting of the sweater and my reward was going to be YOU. Crap it's a joke!! Now I will have to find another reward and something to keep busy doing :):) Love it!
  • VixFit2011
    VixFit2011 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    check out etsy.com hand made items and your can request what you want and people will make it for you. i'm not advertising for them just wanted to help you find your sweater. And on women not knitting, this era of people just don't do the "basics" anymore. I'm 65 and so much has changed from the way women used to do things and men too.
  • Brittanymetzner
    Options
    My great Aunt Eleanor knitted me a sweater...I spent most of my time trying to come up with creative ways to NOT wear it...nevertheless, I wish you great success.
  • zave
    zave Posts: 238
    Options
    My mom loved to knit. She used to make me sweaters all the time. The turtle neck collar went up to my nose and the sleeves went six inches passed my hands. She always said I would grow into them. I'm 52 and still haven't grown into them.

(I had to pull my sleeves up like 3 times to even type this)