crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    People are taking this post too seriously... here's a gif:

d0pwhmezfskp.jpg
  • SWEETMAY84
    SWEETMAY84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I see all kinds of silly to stupid to empty posts in here all the time, some people treat this place as a facebook/dating site! but hey if a girl is asking us if there is a trend about exercising and soda BOOOM let the judgement begin! crazy! lets chill out and go back to be perfect fit and no judgmental people :) cheers!
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    crisb2 wrote: »
    People are taking this post too seriously... here's a gif:

d0pwhmezfskp.jpg

lol, um, no?
  • panda4153
    panda4153 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    So I probably get dirty looks at the gym but I like to have Redbull when I work out. I drink a small 8oz one. I have continued to lose, and when I gain, I know its not the Redbull, its the too many calories thing. I log everything I eat or drink and I totally fit it in my day. Feel free to Judge away it wont stop me :smiley:
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    "and let me make it clear that I am not judging (to each his own)"
    You aren't judging? You have no clue what they are drinking - yet you make a big deal out of their "Soda pop!" I imagine it's a diet drink but I see you choose to think it's Mt. Dew or some other calorie laden beverage.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So last week I was at the gym and saw something that kind of made me chuckle.... A lady came in who is a regular and jumped on the elliptical. She is there every day on the same machine doing the same workout. What struck my funny bone was; I notice that she is toting a 44 oz soda (most likely Mt Dew) with her. She takes a huge swig and puts it in the cup holder and goes on with her work out. She does this every day that I notice her there. Then yesterday, a guy gets on the treadmill next to me and what does he have??? Yes, a giant soda! So my question is; is there some new trend that I don't know about? or are these people completely defeating their purpose.... and let me make it clear that I am not judging (to each his own) they may allow themselves that one giant soda pop a day and figure they can burn it off during an hour of mediocre exercising...I just think it is so very odd and some what comical!!!

Why is it so funny that they chose something other than water to hydrate? And why do you get to decide if their workout is mediocre?

tumblr_m8w7yjbrvq1qa9jwno1_500.gif
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    i use a super big gulp cup for water.
    its huge, and the bottom is narrow and fits nicely into the cup holder of the machines.
    i find it easier to sip from a straw than drink from a bottle when running.

come run with me, and u can judge me for drinking soda any day!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    "and let me make it clear that I am not judging (to each his own)"
    You aren't judging? You have no clue what they are drinking - yet you make a big deal out of their "Soda pop!" I imagine it's a diet drink but I see you choose to think it's Mt. Dew or some other calorie laden beverage.

Not only that, but apparently she gets to decide if someone's workout is up to par or not.
  • cheshirecharis
    cheshirecharis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Guys, if you say "I am not judging" before you say something judgmental, it doesn't count. Just like when you don't log stuff you eat between meals!

Look, judge away, it's a free country. Just, y'know, own your actions and take responsibility for them?
  • thismamarox
    thismamarox Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly guys....I am really not judging, and yes I am observant at the gym. I like to look at things other than my own reflection in the mirror. I love to people watch, I find people and their traits extremely fascinating....I also learn new lifts and exercises by watching what other people do. I am not putting this lady or anyone else down if they have a soda, or diet drink... Hell, they can have a beer if they want...Its just one of those things that I found so out of place in an environment that is targeted for health...nothing more and nothing less...
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    JTick wrote: »
    maidentl wrote: »
    Oh, I notice other people. I just don't assume I know what's in their cups. :bigsmile:

This. I also don't post my assumptions on a public forum.

Yep !
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Holy Moly guys....I am really not judging, and yes I am observant at the gym. I like to look at things other than my own reflection in the mirror. I love to people watch, I find people and their traits extremely fascinating....I also learn new lifts and exercises by watching what other people do. I am not putting this lady or anyone else down if they have a soda, or diet drink... Hell, they can have a beer if they want...Its just one of those things that I found so out of place in an environment that is targeted for health...nothing more and nothing less...

Yes sometimes I get stuck at a mall waiting for someone, you get to see the damndest things from people just walking by.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    So last week I was at the gym and saw something that kind of made me chuckle.... A lady came in who is a regular and jumped on the elliptical. She is there every day on the same machine doing the same workout. What struck my funny bone was; I notice that she is toting a 44 oz soda (most likely Mt Dew) with her. She takes a huge swig and puts it in the cup holder and goes on with her work out. She does this every day that I notice her there. Then yesterday, a guy gets on the treadmill next to me and what does he have??? Yes, a giant soda! So my question is; is there some new trend that I don't know about? or are these people completely defeating their purpose.... and let me make it clear that I am not judging (to each his own) they may allow themselves that one giant soda pop a day and figure they can burn it off during an hour of mediocre exercising...I just think it is so very odd and some what comical!!!
    Maybe they allow these drinks in their calorie goals.

Maybe it is water and not soda.

Maybe it's diet soda.

Maybe they are super thirsty.

There is nothing wrong with soda and people can drink it at the gym.

It kinda does sound like you're judging.:(

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Really so calling their workout mediocre isn't judgy?

what is out of place someone hydrating themselves while they exercise....

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm