Stocky, Husky, Chubby, Fat

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't really care... but yeah over 25% fat it turns me off.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I prefer just normal, some muscle but definitely not "cut" John Cusack and Jim from the office are my type.

You mean lanky then, lol

• 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    My goal was a certain weight, and once I reached that weight, to cut down to a certain body fat. byoodj2jes9r.jpg
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    I reached my weight goals and was rolling around at 25% bodyfat.
    Below is me at 15% body fat and again, 185 pounds.
    I like this look and feel. If I cut any lower, I lose energy and pep, so this is it.
    6at9l74exq74.jpg
    Below is my progress compared to my younger self. Oh, by the way...I no longer need the head band to control my hair on windy days. :o
    mphp9elmth3c.jpg

• AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    Tall, rangy skateboarder-y guys, or big built-like-a-refrigerator guys (think Opie from Sons of Anarchy). My taste in guys is a little atypical, obviously.
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    I prefer just normal, some muscle but definitely not "cut" John Cusack and Jim from the office are my type.

You mean lanky then, lol

lol yep, although in real life I also like short guys.
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    all sorts of different body types are attractive to me. Someone that takes care of themselves is probably the most important part at the moment.
  • Domineer
    Domineer Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    50sFit wrote: »
    My goal was a certain weight, and once I reached that weight, to cut down to a certain body fat. byoodj2jes9r.jpg
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    I like this look and feel. If I cut any lower, I lose energy and pep, so this is it.
    6at9l74exq74.jpg
    Below is my progress compared to my younger self. Oh, by the way...I no longer need the head band to control my hair on windy days. :o
    mphp9elmth3c.jpg

Congrats dude. I would like to keep myself up like that at 50! 15% body fat is great. It seems like you are a meso-endomorph like myself. Which means we gotta focus on cardio and strength training equally to balance out. Keep up the good work.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    50sFit wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    6at9l74exq74.jpg
    mphp9elmth3c.jpg

I wonder how many times I've seen your pictures in a post in the last two weeks :no_mouth:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Soccer players, cyclists, biathletes - can you tell I like butts & legs. Yuk to overdeveloped traps and delts. Muscle good, ripped & veiny, NOT
    - - just wanna spank that perky butt!
    - news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/72044000/jpg/_72044588_biathlon1.jpg
  • 50sFit
    edited October 2014
    Options

Congrats dude. I would like to keep myself up like that at 50! 15% body fat is great. It seems like you are a meso-endomorph like myself. Which means we gotta focus on cardio and strength training equally to balance out. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks, it took 5 years of work. Every ounce of effort was worth it.

• 50sFit
    edited October 2014
    Options

I wonder how many times I've seen your pictures in a post in the last two weeks :no_mouth:
    It's my hope to inspire others - not annoy folks.
    One of my biggest sources of motivation on my long, hard journey was seeing others succeed.
    Maybe now I can help some people as I continue my own progress.

• JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    For myself, I prefer to be pretty darn lean, muscular, fit, cut, all of the above. I don't need to be huge and ripped, but having muscle definition and a pretty low BF% is good for my confidence. Well, I assume it will be.
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Personally my goal is to just get to a "normal" BMI which I am now one pound away from. But I still feel and look fat when I look in the mirror. I will probably aim for at least 10 more. I am not attracted to super thin men. I also would not go for a body builder type. I am most attracted to average size I guess.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    i've always liked skinny men myself. but honestly when i was single i wouldn't let a man's shape or size influence me, since my preference is for guys who i have lots of stuff in common with and who i get along with well.
  • jlseaman13
    jlseaman13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm old school, but I don't find "husky" offensive. I am not going to date someone because he is lean or ripped or tall or whatever. If a guy is comfortable with who he is, and is kind and fun to be with, that is enough. I have to admit however, that I have always gone for the teddy bear type though. Just get to a healthy place, find your comfortable self, and when you find the right girl, she will look beyond physique, and see your soul.
  • halez_182
    halez_182 Posts: 8 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I'm not into very lean, cut "ripped"men. I prefer a guy with a healthy body but doesn't necessarily mean lots of bulky muscle. Just average joe if that makes sense? haha

This type (Paul Rudd) If not slightly bigger is fine :)
    8gtxb5f4039g.jpg
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Ideally? Visually I like muscular, but not overly vascular. Think Michelangelo's David. In reality, I'm just not physically attracted to guys until I get to know and like them. Then the rest might follow. Or, not. I can have an aesthetic appreciation, but that's as far as it goes.
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Congrats dude. I would like to keep myself up like that at 50! 15% body fat is great. It seems like you are a meso-endomorph like myself.

There's no such thing.
    Which means we gotta focus on cardio and strength training equally to balance out.

No you don't.

• RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Patttience wrote: »
    I don't like flab on guys at all. I like slim athletic guys. I don't go for the bulky bodies that come out of the gym either. I wouldn't want a boyfriend who spent a lot of time at the gym. I consider it a fairly stupid pursuit.

If a guy is going to be fit, which is ideal, then i'd like it if he got that way by doing something interesting like rock climbing, kayaking, sailing, marathoning, bushwalking, tennis, yoga. You name it, pretty much anything but body building.

That's just your ignorance talking.
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    As a woman, I am not keen on the jacked look because

1. My own self-esteem would never let me go out with someone who looks like a Greek god because I'm kind of a scruffy little dork.
    2. If a chap spends so much time in the gym to get looking that jacked, odds are we won't have anything in common (had this proven to me many times over with random conversations in bars. Sorry, if I have to explain my one-liners or a pun to you then really not keen)

My husband is tall and got an athletic build, not "cut", but just clearly in shape...I guess physically in the body, he's around Tom Hiddleston. I really like it, but I have been out with guys in the past who have been overweight or super buff or normal. To me, it doesn't matter too much. Being taller than me and having a proper goofy grin are more important than body, tbh.